Expeditions Everywhere

suv_guy_19

I recently went on a trip across part of the Midwestern US and noticed a great many more 2007 expeditions that I would have expected to. There seemed to be many more of those than Tahoes and Suburbans (I know based on sales numbers that isn't the case). It was really surprising. I was also surprised by the about 5 new Navigators I saw.

Edited by suv_guy_19

I have also noticed quite a few Expeditions running down the highways. Very nice looking SUV. That is definitely a vehicle that Ford "got right." The only reason a person would choose a Tahoe over an Expedition or a Suburban 1500 over an Expedition EL would be loyalty to the full-size GM SUV's. The Expedition is by far the best buy and the most advanced chassis.

I have also noticed quite a few Expeditions running down the highways. Very nice looking SUV. That is definitely a vehicle that Ford "got right." The only reason a person would choose a Tahoe over an Expedition or a Suburban 1500 over an Expedition EL would be loyalty to the full-size GM SUV's. The Expedition is by far the best buy and the most advanced chassis.

I see tons of new Expeditions (most are Limiteds -a large amount in the White-Chocolate Tri-Coat w/ 20in rims- or higher end EBs) here in S. Florida. I'm also seeing an increased # of new Navigators.

I live in Wisconsin, land of the Chevy (quickly becoming land of the Toyota :banghead: )

I surprisingly see a lot of Expeditions (especially the EL). I actually see some Tahoes too - probably not as many. I don't believe they're bad looking vehicles, but the Ford looks more polished. What surprises me more than what I do see is actually what I do not see.

I see very few new Silverado pickups, and I see very few new Toyota Tundras. Obviously, the midwest is one of Toyota's toughest markets to crack, but they don't seem all that successful around here. I'm not sure how accurate of a barometer we are for market conditions, but man, I think I've seen maybe 5 of them total around here since they were introduced. Of course, I saw more than that in one night at the Milwaukee Mile Busch race. I was flicking off the trucks in my head. I also joked with my buddy that the trucks' frames were bending under the weight of the drivers .... :hysterical: But wait, that's just "part of the suspension" as one Toyota fan put it.

I live in Wisconsin, land of the Chevy (quickly becoming land of the Toyota :banghead: )

I surprisingly see a lot of Expeditions (especially the EL). I actually see some Tahoes too - probably not as many. I don't believe they're bad looking vehicles, but the Ford looks more polished. What surprises me more than what I do see is actually what I do not see.

I see very few new Silverado pickups, and I see very few new Toyota Tundras. Obviously, the midwest is one of Toyota's toughest markets to crack, but they don't seem all that successful around here. I'm not sure how accurate of a barometer we are for market conditions, but man, I think I've seen maybe 5 of them total around here since they were introduced. Of course, I saw more than that in one night at the Milwaukee Mile Busch race. I was flicking off the trucks in my head. I also joked with my buddy that the trucks' frames were bending under the weight of the drivers .... :hysterical: But wait, that's just "part of the suspension" as one Toyota fan put it.

hi, iam in milwaukee too!

I dont see too many new Silverados or Tundras here at all.. F150 is still king here, personally know 5 people who have bought new f150s in last month... so its still selling... i love the Expy looks great..

Very different out here in So Cal. The land of Tahoe's and Nissan Armadas. I'd say I see 5 Tahoes and 3 Nissans to every one (newer) Expi. Still lots of 03 body style expi's not as much Newer models.

Yea, Tahoe's are everywhere, but Armada's? I've seen about 4 of them on the road since they came out, I only see the new Expedition once in awhile, might help if Ford actually advertised the things, it's one of Ford's best all-around vehicle's, the new interior kicks ass..

First rule of owning an Expedition - never look at the mpg indicator.

My 99 was pathetic (5.4L). Don't think we ever broke 20 on the highway. But then again I didn't buy it for fuel economy.

I can't say I've broken 20mpg highway on ANY full sized truck in the past 20 years

Does anyone know the MPG on a Expedition?

My 99 was pathetic (5.4L). Don't think we ever broke 20 on the highway. But then again I didn't buy it for fuel economy.

We seem to average about 15 mpg for the most part in mixed driving. On a short road trip with 7 people in it and with the cruise at 65 mph, the computer said we were averaging 22.2 mpg, but on the way back I had the cruise at 75 mph and it dropped to 18.3 mpg.

I recently went on a trip across part of the Midwestern US and noticed a great many more 2007 expeditions that I would have expected to. There seemed to be many more of those than Tahoes and Suburbans (I know based on sales numbers that isn't the case). It was really surprising. I was also surprised by the about 5 new Navigators I saw.

If you want to know why you might want to buy an Expy over a Tahoe/Sub/Av, look up "Torque Management", or better still do a test drive. Those 4L60 trannies Chev uses are a real joke compared to the 6R75 in the Ford ( and I consider the Ford under equipped ! ).

On a Chev you get to advance the throttle... and wait for it. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Our 07's gets around 15-16 in town and we have seen 19 on a short I-95 trip (cruising @ 80). To be honest I was sold on the Tahoe looks but the price is just unbearable. Then the 07' Expe rolled out and they won me back in the looks department, and the price is right for us as well. Not alot of Expe's on the road around here but a ton of Tahoe's and Armada's.

:hysterical:

I do look at my MPG indicator occasionally. It seems like whenever I try to drive conservatively to get fetter FE, the MPGs tick down, instead of up, I've pretty much given up on the 'conservative' slow acceleration/decceleration now. I've tried it several times w/ the same effect. I think I'm getting like 14.3 MPG w/ probably 95% city driving in my 04 Expy.