Saw another 2008 Focus

FordBuyer

I saw another 2008 Focus being driven on street. This was a production model as it still had shipping tape hanging from it......looks like they are batch and testing them out of Wayne Assembly. This one was ink blue, four door, and didn't have chrome vent. As it went by, and stopped for light, I noticed third mounted brake light in rear trunk was all LED all the way across. Looks to me like 4 door model will be good selller for them. Time will tell on coupe, as would be surprised if they sell more than 50,000 coupes/year. Since this Focus was going through downtown Plymouth, the guy driving was kind of far from Wayne and must be doing extensvie testing.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just drove one, it is nice.

To me it is what the 2005 should have been.

interior is good, textures are good, tons more storage.

The Seats were great, 100% better than the 2000.

NVH Was good, engine still a little coarse At mid to high Rpm.

We Also had the plant tour. my 1st car plant tour.

They finally :

replaced the 2000 Focus seats

Added some decent door seals

Replaced the ancient electrical system, with a new CANbus system ( shared with th Escape.)

Flow thru center console

Cons:

nice looking plastic, hard plastic, there was only one piece of soft touch plastic in the car.

Absence of interior trunk release.

NEW steering wheel does not tilt and telescope, just tilts.

steering wheel is too big.

conclusion, finally an update to the 2000 Focus.

P.S. The build Quality is Top notch, It will Score best in class in reliability.

WKA2007090661651_pv.jpg

WKA2007090661228_pv.jpg

WKA2007090661241_pv.jpg

WKA2007090661678_pv.jpg

WKA2007090661633_pv.jpg

WKA2007090661214_pv.jpg

Great looking pics and car. Thanks for them. The new Focus doesn't look like compact car anymore, but an upscale car that happens to be smallish. It looks to me like Ford is trying to go a little upscale with this car in order to make room for the new Ford Fiesta. Btw, I notice the remaining 2007 Focus are really starting to move off of Dealer lots now as Ford clears them to make way for this all new vehicle except for drivetrain. You buy a new Focus with heated seats, ambient lighting, and new sync system, and you have a nice, little car that is quieter and safer with standard 6 airbags plus high 30's gas mileage at Freeway speed.

Last i heard you can get in trouble for taking pics in a assy plant.

WAYNE, MI. September, 6, 2007--Fifteen Ford Focus enthusiasts from Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and North Carolina got an up-close look on Thursday at the 2008 models - inside the Wayne, Michigan plant where they are built. The group, participants of two Focus owners' Web sites (FocalJet.com and FocusFanatics.com) was invited by Ford Motor Company to tour the plant, watch the 2008 Focus being built and then drive the car on the plant's new "rough-road" track. Photo by: Sam VarnHagen/Ford Motor Co. (09/05/07)

I still am not sold on the styling, but it looks somewhat love-it or hate-it which seems to be good. It isn't ugly, just kind of odd actually. I wish the rear of the car mimicked the odd angles of the headlights in front. The rear looks too much like a Toyota Echo. Eww. I feel like the rear lights make the car look smaller than it should. The rear lights need to be wider. Too late now, but I wish they'd do something about it. Nonetheless, I'm glad Ford is finally into polarizing styling now. Before they were just "bleh" ...

Edited by SVT_MAN

Well 99% of the time if your the driver of the car, the keys should be in your hands or in the ignition ;)

I suppose part of it is being used to the release, but part of it's just kind of handy if you're trying to load up an unlocked car (keys in the house, say, car in the garage)

I still want to know if Range and Biker introduced themselves to each other.

I mean it's not like me or Michael Reynolds (or even NickF1011) where you'd have a reasonable shot at recognizing the person by the name....

Edited by RichardJensen

I saw another 2008 Focus being driven on street. This was a production model as it still had shipping tape hanging from it......looks like they are batch and testing them out of Wayne Assembly. This one was ink blue, four door, and didn't have chrome vent. As it went by, and stopped for light, I noticed third mounted brake light in rear trunk was all LED all the way across. Looks to me like 4 door model will be good selller for them. Time will tell on coupe, as would be surprised if they sell more than 50,000 coupes/year. Since this Focus was going through downtown Plymouth, the guy driving was kind of far from Wayne and must be doing extensvie testing.

Looks good. but my god ford, sell the convertible in the states! i saw one at the bank the other morning and that thing looks good. i'm sure it'd sell over there