Saw another 2008 Focus

FordBuyer

I really want to say something nice about the look but I can't. That front just says UGLY to me. Makes Kia look tasteful and well proportioned.

'

I'm sorry to say it because I really liked the initial images of the Focus, but the new Focus screams cheap to me in those assembly plant photos. Now, it may not be like that at all on the road or in person.

The biggest issue is the way the headlights are plain and wrap around the hood. The slab-sided sides. The GM-like taillights (albeit that middle LED is superb).

Just looks a little cheap compared to competitors.

It might look much better in blue compared to the red and gray presented here. But those wrap-around headlights looks dorky or cheap compared to the dashing triangular headlights of the 1999 Focus. I say the '99 Focus still looks good today - they just dumbed it down with the 2005 refresh.

My distaste may well be because it lacks shiny chrome compared to the Civic, Corolla and others though.

Edited by Roadrunner

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares if there is a button on the inside of the vehicle. As long as you have the keypad on the door, you can open the trunk with that. Screw the key fob and it's dead battery. ;)

Uhh! I don't think the Focus has the keypad unless you get one from accessories.

Having said that, there's the release inside the car. :hysterical:

I really want to say something nice about the look but I can't. That front just says UGLY to me. Makes Kia look tasteful and well proportioned.

I totally agree. The front is horrible. The front styling doesn't seem to fit the rest of the design. I like the character lines in the profile. The back seems little too high and shows too much 'empty' metal, maybe the lights need to be bigger or wrap around a bit more.

Well, looks like Ford finally got their polarizing design.

Indeed, you've the usual cheerleaders who find anything Ford does flawless, and the average Joes, who won't see any reason to buy this over the Mazda3, Rabbit, etc.

Mission accomplished. :finger:

Edited by pcsario

It's not a coincidence that the products we favor, most often than not, end up being good performers.

Actually, it's no coincidence that you confuse your use of weasel words with accurate statements.

e.g. 'coincidence', 'favor', 'most often than not' (nice idiom, BTW), and 'good performer'

Not a single concrete word in the bunch.

Wow, it almost doesn't look offensive in normal pics. Almost.

That's what I was thinking. From the pictures, and even the autoshow, this thing looked like garbage on wheels. Starting to dig the design a little bit

WTF!?!?!?! Why take away the telescoping wheel? Trunk release? But add shit like ambient lighting? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: You don't add shit but take away things that are nice touches that the average joe appreciates.

Are these cars going to have AdvanceTrac optional?

No.

"Most often than not" doesn't work.

Most is a superlative, not a comparative adverb. It cannot correctly be used in a situation where a comparison is being made.

"He is biggest than most"

"It was smallest than all of them"

"I am smartest than you"

"You are richest than me"

"It was worst than before"

See what I mean?

Edited by RichardJensen

Wow, it almost doesn't look offensive in normal pics. Almost.

agree.....those look ok....not mindboggling but...OK.....Fords pre-release literature makes it look AWFUL! car even looks better in black....sidenote...once AGAIN PC is shanghighing a thread....this guy is relentless......did he buy his car at Otis Ford?

Edited by Deanh