Is there a possiblity of a Fusion Coupe

koczani

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reportedly it was in the works and is dead now.

Igor

They just lost the tuner crowd and sales to many young future buyers who are influenced, by the tuner wold lure! How could they be so stupid to ignore the next generation Hot Rodder's! If it wasn't for the first muscle car era and the old time Hot Rodders than the mustang would not be selling what it is today! You wouldn't have 30 and 40 year old cars selling for $70.000 to 1,000,000! Some of their decision makers need to be drawn and quartered with four Mustangs!

Edited by Furious1Auto

normal_svt_f-bomb.jpg

I would buy that! In black of course... I think it would satisfy my fetish for a new version of larger Ford coupe...

Every time I see a Fusion I wish it was offered in two doors. It would have sold better than that thing the call an 08 Focus coupe...

That rendering also illustrates how effectively FoA's trapazoidal lower air intake can be integrated with FoNA designs...

Edited by Watchdevil

I would buy that! In black of course... I think it would satisfy my fetish for a new version of larger Ford coupe...

Every time I see a Fusion I wish it was offered in two doors. It would have sold better than that thing the call an 08 Focus coupe...

That rendering also illustrates how effectively FoA's trapazoidal lower air intake can be integrated with FoNA designs...

The inverted hood scoop taken from the Hurtz Mustang is a nice touch too!

normal_svt_f-bomb.jpgFord_Fusion_2_Coupe.jpg

That is a beatiful rendition. A pillarless two door hardtop, or coupe, that looks like that would be a great addition. If pillarless, it would have an appearance advantage over the Altima coupe. It that car could be produced at the same price as the sedan, it would sell well in my opinion. Offer a base car and also an upgraded 3.5 version. Offer stick as well as automatic. I read some time ago that Ford was going to produce a coupe Fusion, but notice that some say it is dead. Is it really dead or are you just guessing?

They will never build one (although they should), as it will take away Mustang sales.

Ford won't let that happen.

If they build one, it could compete nicely with the Altima Coupe, Accord Coupe and Camary Solara Coupe, they

should also build convertible, 3.5 5-Speed, it could also compete with the Eclipse.

They can even call it a Mercury Cougar.

They will never build one (although they should), as it will take away Mustang sales.

Ford won't let that happen.

If they build one, it could compete nicely with the Altima Coupe, Accord Coupe and Camary Solara Coupe, they

should also build convertible, 3.5 5-Speed, it could also compete with the Eclipse.

They can even call it a Mercury Cougar.

Ugh. Ford should NEVER cancel a model out of fear of internal cannibalization. That's just absolutely ridiculous justification. There is no way to expand market coverage without creating SOME overlap of products in your lineup. If Ford didn't create any models that could possibly overlap in sales, they would currently be selling two vehicles - the Taurus and F-150.

Do you think the Mustang competes with the Altima coupe, Accord coupe, and Solara coupe for sales? Maybe a couple, but it's hardly a major cross-shopping comparison. It wouldn't be any different for a Fusion coupe.

Ford,

listen to this-

A coupe would sell...a coupe would sell...a coupe would sell...a coupe would..............................

It would sell...but would it sell enough to 1. make a noticable impact to the Fusion's overall image and 2. to recover its development costs?

I just don't think it's worth the effort right now. It's one of those "it would be nice" things that Ford shouldn't be spending additional R&D dollars on right now.

If done sexy enough it would add tons

to their good will, press cred and street talk

and that would get the butts in the showrooms

If it would really add tons of sales as you say, Ford would most likely be building it. The coup market is not that big to begin with, and introducing another player to take a smaller part of the pie....

That's not enough of a reason to build it.

You know, I have heard this arguement all the time and I wonder...what does it take to make a business case for a segment to participate in? Windstar to Freestar (totally uncompetitive vehicle)- market not big enough, we quit. Chrysler introduces new minivan. Ford soon to introduce a segment buster with a stupid name Flex. I don't know, seems risky to me, what about all the people that want a minivan? Segment shrinking too much, how do you update the looks of a Flex? It appears that the Explorer is going away as we know it too. Why is that? Ugly tired styling or segment changing too much? It seems that Fords' efforts in updated vehicles in the past has lead to disappointment in retail acceptance and now Ford says, segment shrinking we quit. I have to tell you, The new Acadia is everything we like about our Explorer and there is no answer from Ford. Wait till Chevrolet receives their version, that vehicle has "hit" written all over it. Can't wait to see the swagger back in the blue oval with confidence and research in a market that is better than the competition, someone tell me that it is coming soon, Please!

You know, I have heard this arguement all the time and I wonder...what does it take to make a business case for a segment to participate in? Windstar to Freestar (totally uncompetitive vehicle)- market not big enough, we quit. Chrysler introduces new minivan. Ford soon to introduce a segment buster with a stupid name Flex. I don't know, seems risky to me, what about all the people that want a minivan? Segment shrinking too much, how do you update the looks of a Flex? It appears that the Explorer is going away as we know it too. Why is that? Ugly tired styling or segment changing too much? It seems that Fords' efforts in updated vehicles in the past has lead to disappointment in retail acceptance and now Ford says, segment shrinking we quit. I have to tell you, The new Acadia is everything we like about our Explorer and there is no answer from Ford. Wait till Chevrolet receives their version, that vehicle has "hit" written all over it. Can't wait to see the swagger back in the blue oval with confidence and research in a market that is better than the competition, someone tell me that it is coming soon, Please!

Ford has no answer to the Acadia??? What are the Flex and Taurus X for then?

Ford has no answer to the Acadia??? What are the Flex and Taurus X for then?

Taurus X very close, only problem for me or my wife is compared the the Acadia, lower seating height and seven passenger seating verses eight passenger seating. I mean, if you are going to abandon minivans, offer the functionality of more seating rather that going to an Expedition. The Flex, has a name that my wife will not get past " sounds like an aerobic class-bust a move " and the styling of a Scion on steriods.

Accord coupe sales are around 35k-40k per year.

http://autoshow.autos.msn.com/autoshow/det...umentid=1695008

The link says accord coupe sales are around 9% of all Accord sales.

Say Ford built the Fusion coupe, let's assume 10% of all Fusion sales would be coupes. We're talking 12k-15k cars a year at best. Not really much of a business case when you have the Mustang already.

I used to think Ford should build a car for every desire, but you know what, that's not how the auto industry works anymore. One manufacturer can't cover everything. Toyota has 3 brands (really 2 and a half) and GM has like 9. Even with 9 brands, GM misses nitches, or does stuff like the SSR.

As much as I want to always buy a Ford cause my dad works there, if for every Ford I don't buy they sell 2 "BORING" cars to other people, I'm happy.