'08 Focus Road Tests

ANTAUS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post them here as they come in...

LINK-Tcc.com

What a weird review. The review goes on for four pages praising the vehicle for improved ride and fuel mileage, peppy motor, improved interior, great handling, nice options list, and great sync system, then sums up by saying it gives new Focus an overall lukewarm rating. What a disjointed review. Go buy your fricking Corolla jerk face or Civic. Gee, how many body styles do they have?

Some points about the new Focus:

-Hard plastic remains on the interior, but tactile feel of switchgear is significantly improved, and overall feel is of high quality

-Interior is much quieter

-Ride is much less busy with no sacrifice of top-notch handling (BMW anyone?)

-TCC is smitten by Sync... not surprisingly

No real negative points I noticed...

One red flag I picked up on, is the lackluster braking that newly released Fords seem to possess lately. We'll see if the other reviewers site the same...

That does seem to be a problem, hopefully one that can be fixed quickly and simply. I'm not sure why Ford would even release a vehicle with sub-par braking distances anyways. Auto magazines always seem to harbor on the negatives of a vehicle. Why can't Ford pull out all the stops and not give them anything negative to write about, or at least major things such as braking distances, fuel economy (which they are working on) or vehicle weight (doesn't exactly help cause decreased breaking distances or better fuel economy numbers)

I think Ford is beginning to get their act together though. They've done a fantastic job already with their new products, and continued upgrades, etc. like those we are already seeing, will only help vehicle sales. I see tons of new Edges, Fusions, even MKZs/MKXs around me. Taurus/X haven't been out too long and are w/out proper advertising, so I'm not seeing them much yet, but they should be great vehicles for Ford. Flex looks like it could be a home run. The future of Ford is looking good IMO.

In front, the Focus bears some resemblance to the larger Fusion, with new wrap-around, clear-lens headlamps and a front grille with horizontal chrome bars.

This guy is blind. It looks nothing like the Fusion, or any other CD3.

the suspension has been completely recalibrated for 2008, with different spring rates, dampers, stabilizer bars, and bushings.

I can't speak for the other components, but the stabilizer bar is the same. (unless the new model has been outsourced and my plant doesn't know it yet)

The bottom line is that with the styling changes and lack of body styles, the Focus isn't going to be the best small car for everyone.

Another opinion voiced on why Ford should not have axed the hatchbacks, although it is nice to see a mostly positive review. Let's hope the launch goes smoothly and there are no recalls.

Found this to very interesting:

And here is the rub: in Seattle, at a round-table of Ford executives, they spoke of the target market for the 2008 Focus (young, hip, tech-savvy) and the actual consumption market (the people currently buying the Focus: older, more conservative, thirty-somethings, forty-somethings and beyond).

Goes to show you that younger market (which is often found on Focus enthusiasts websites) does a lot of talk without any action

Found this to very interesting:

Goes to show you that younger market (which is often found on Focus enthusiasts websites) does a lot of talk without any action

I guess all those people on Focus websites that own them, don't really own them.

You must work for ford pr, and you do a terrible job..

I guess all those people on Focus websites that own them, don't really own them.

Not quite sure where you inferred that, but I think his point was that younger Focus owners are vocal about their complaints even though they actually are a small minority of owners who can't expect all their desires to become reality.

Everything in the C car class has hard plastic, save the Golf/Jetta. Even those interiors aren't too well crafted. I wish Ford would dump the side vent and just crease the sheetmetal there, ugh....
side vents come only with SE premium and SES ... otherwise the spot is just a crease.

Igor

Ah, now it hit me, I knew I've seen some of that styling language from somewhere. Take a look at a "New Edge" 99-04 Mustang...the front bumper clip seems to have been lifted from it. Same with the side doors styling sans the gill of course which on the Mustang are towards the rear wheel wells.

They probably bought them as used cars rather than new ones, and they make up a small portion of all Focus buyers

Stop making assumptions, you don't know what the hell you're talking about, you people think Ford should ignore thousands of their most enthusiastic supporters since they don't aspire Ford to become the next Toyota like you do.

Which Focus buyers should Ford listen to? The old people who are about to die? The retards who think mediocrity will turn the company around?

You people will be the death of ford if they listen to YOU.