Subaru WRX caves in from F350, 3 die

The first time he told the judge he was lucky to be alive. This time he wasn't so lucky. A Subaru WRX driven by a teen already convicted of drunk driving/speeding a few months ago, crashes into the back of a boat trailer being hauled by a truck making a right-hand turn. Because of legal loopholes and leniency from his defense lawyer and a judge respectively, he only had his license revoked for 3 months! In trying to avoid the boat, he goes into the other lane, then slides sideways into an oncoming F350 with a utility body. It is not 4WD. The F350 went into the driver's side almost all the way to the pasenger door killing teens in front seat and rear seat! The Subaru failed as if it was made of tissue paper! Keep your kids out of Subarus!

The first time he told the judge he was lucky to be alive. This time he wasn't so lucky. A Subaru WRX driven by a teen already convicted of drunk driving/speeding a few months ago, crashes into the back of a boat trailer being hauled by a truck making a right-hand turn. Because of legal loopholes and leniency from his defense lawyer and a judge respectively, he only had his license revoked for 3 months! In trying to avoid the boat, he goes into the other lane, then slides sideways into an oncoming F350 with a utility body. It is not 4WD. The F350 went into the driver's side almost all the way to the pasenger door killing teens in front seat and rear seat! The Subaru failed as if it was made of tissue paper! Keep your kids out of Subarus!

Man that was just Darwinism in effect. How about keep your kids from drinking and acting like a dumb ass.

3000 lb WRX vs 6000+ lb F-350.

NO SHIT, SHERLOCK!!!

Richard, lock this retarded thread already.

Come on Nick, pork up the F-350 by at least 1,800lbs :gang:

oh yeah back to our original thread... :banmolest:

Edited by Hydro

The Subaru failed as if it was made of tissue paper! Keep your kids out of Subarus!

its a 3000 pound car vs a 6000 pound truck.

what if the teen drove the 350 and killed people in the subaru. guess we should keep teens out of the mini tanks too.

OR teach your kid not to drink and drive. this is a really pointless topic

A few things:

1) Kid shouldn't be driving a WRX if he drives it like a moron. Most people on the road shouldn't have power under their right foot. Most people can't control it.

2) Kid shouldn't be driving if he drives drunk.

Want to get drunk? That's your deal if you want to sit at home, by yourself, not interferring with the health and safety of others, and get yourself passed-out drunk.

Want to drink and drive? If so, I'd like to put you on a whipping post and give you what's coming. I do NOT tolerate people who drink and drive. I have had to end relationships with many long-time friends because of their stupid actions like that. I won't let myself stay close to someone who has blatant disregard for life and safety. If they don't listen to my warnings, they do not respect me as a friend.

3) I doubt that very few other cars in that class would have survived that sort of wreck. You can create a scenario for any vehicle that can result in catostrophic failure of the vehicle compartment. There have been guys who die in semi trucks. What if a bomb goes off? What if a bridge collapses? You can create a list of hypotheticals 10 miles long and worry constantly about how there are so many different ways that you can die in different vehicles. Or, you can just drive defensively and make your own luck for the most part. The bottom line is that you control your car. If you're a defensive driver, you can usually avoid most accidents in the first place. Of course, you need a vehicle that has acceptable dynamics, but most of it is about how you prevent an accident. Safety features should be a last-ditch effort. No one should ever rely on safety features or curb weight to save them. As professional road instructors tell you, "NEVER GIVE UP."

Ever seen a person who just lets go of the steering wheel and screams out? Yup, that's dumb. Giving up is the worst possible thing to do. At least try to save your situation.

Edited by SVT_MAN

Want to drink and drive? If so, I'd like to put you on a whipping post and give you what's coming. I do NOT tolerate people who drink and drive. I have had to end relationships with many long-time friends because of their stupid actions like that. I won't let myself stay close to someone who has blatant disregard for life and safety. If they don't listen to my warnings, they do not respect me as a friend.

You sound like that asshole friend who always needs to be right "or else".

Now, in this case, you actually are right about drunk driving -- but believing the fact someone didn't make the same choice that you wanted them to do is a slap in your face seems like an incorrect way to see things. You must go through a lot of friends this way.

One big problem is our culture of binge drinking. Have to get drunk to "be cool" and accepted "by the guys".

Little boys who define their manhood by getting drunk and acting like a fool are "the guys". Call them the "the guys" or whatever you want, just don't call them men. These are the asshole losers that by the time they reach their late 20's early 30's have already been divorced at least once, have never accomplished one damn thing and can't understand why all of their x's hate their fuckin guts. "the guys"

I know plenty of older married men that goes out drinking with his buddies regurly.

Little boys who define their manhood by getting drunk and acting like a fool are "the guys". Call them the "the guys" or whatever you want, just don't call them men. These are the asshole losers that by the time they reach their late 20's early 30's have already been divorced at least once, have never accomplished one damn thing and can't understand why all of their x's hate their fuckin guts. "the guys"

Well, hate to praise Europe, but over there, kids are taught to drink in moderation. They have wine with dinner at 14 or so, and they don't have that 'forbidden fruit' mentality. Here, its expected to show off and 'party till you puke'

Nothing wrong with going out with friends to hang out and sip a few. Just the 'l gotta get wasted' and 'chug, chug!' mentality whenever you do.

One big problem is our culture of binge drinking. Have to get drunk to "be cool" and accepted "by the guys".

Ah, projectile vomit time.

Same as it ever was, it seems. Back in colonial times there were over 600 synonyms for "drunk".

It's probably something like 30 years away, but eventually vehicles will have auto-pilot capabilities.

Second big problem is parents who put their kids (teens) into higher performance cars. With the figures of "accident incidents" in those of the teenage years, a parent is really stupid to do so. . . just asking to something happen to their offspring. But that seems to be the norm nowadays.