Volvo's new XC60

Edstock

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/fi...volvo_xc60.html

This is the production model.

car_photo_224141_5.jpg

car_photo_224134_5.jpg

That is minging. The new baby Range Rover will murder it in about 3-4 years time when it comes out! And btw the spy shots on that are amazing. Then there's the baby BMW offroaders coming too. All of which look nicer than that. And what's with the ugly grill. Yuck!

That is minging. The new baby Range Rover will murder it in about 3-4 years time when it comes out! And btw the spy shots on that are amazing. Then there's the baby BMW offroaders coming too. All of which look nicer than that. And what's with the ugly grill. Yuck!

Everyone has different tastes in styling-I absolutely love the look-kind of in your face but still very Volvo looking.

And just so you know, 3 years in the car business is a lifetime.

This is NOT the production model --it's still the concept, as the article says. The production model will probably debut in Detroit in January at the NAIAS. While the exterior may look much the same, the interior will not.

Yea, I don;t nkow how anyone could think thats the production model, especially with that interior..

This is NOT the production model --it's still the concept, as the article says. The production model will probably debut in Detroit in January at the NAIAS. While the exterior may look much the same, the interior will not.

Sorry 'bout that, I should learn to read.

Judging by past but recent Volvo concept to production developments as well as the interior of the S80, I feel that the front of this is about 95% of what the production will be, the rear is going to likely loose the neat lift-gate setup, and tone down a little (imaging it crossed with the C30 rear). The interior dash and centerstack will morph to look more like what's in the S80 with some minor updating (the proximity sensing buttons may be a model or two away, Jag's got them for the XF I believe). The seats are gonna look a touch more traditional. I don't know what to make of the roof. I would expect that there will be two roof configurations. A regular one with no glass, and something close to Vista or the concept.

Either way, allowing for some watering down, and judging by the XC-90 prices, I think this could do very well for Volvo. The N/A 3.2 might be a touch behind the turbo 4 in the RDX, it'll be in there with the non-turbo 3.0L from the X3. I don't know what Nissan/Infiniti will put in the FXs littler sibling, but, I imaging it will have the VQ35 as an option at least, which will shame the 3.2L.

Perhaps there will be a version with the 3.0L I-6 HPT? That might be fun. I know I'd at least look over the finances and see if I can maybe sell a kid to get one. ;)

• 2 months later...