Oh my goodness!! Of course the little Police Interceptor badge changes the entire look of the car. lol Why it looks nothing like a Crown Vic once you put that Police Interceptor tag on it. Ewer!!!!

In truth there's plenty of small departments that don't even order the Police Interceptor package, they just get standard Crown Vic's because their patrol cars do not see enough use and abuse to warrant the interceptor package.

Every time I see a picture of a PI interior, I tend to nod off. All those years working midnights.....

Really no need to oder a plain CV. The PI state contract price in NJ was 19.7K. Ordering one though a standard purchase would probably be more than that price. It would be foolish not to order the PI. You lose too many options such as the installed wiring, pillar spot the interior light cutoff and a few others that would cost to install at a later date. If the PI fades from production, many are going to miss it in LE. All the other attempts never came close. They might look hotter and go faster but none are better suited for the job than the PI.

I had a patrol officer rear ended by a drunk on the highway at 60 mph plus. The car was a crumpled mess but he had nothing more than some minor back injuries.

Of course after we were done with them, the weren't worth much...

By the way, move the air intake higher. We hydrolocked two going through some high waters during a heavy rainstorm....

Nick's thread may be a joke but what if Ford really did spend the money constructively?

I have an interesting point to be made to FoA, Mustang and Panther fans. This plan below is

the least invasive option for rationalising RWD cars across Ford globally as the cars are only

built in three factories now - STAP, Dearborn and Broadmeadows:

To increase efficiency, the separate RWD groups need to share as much as is practically possible.

All RWDs could start by sharing Electrical Systems, Power trains and Suspensions modules.

Electrical Systems - Joint development between FoA and FNA

Powertrains - common engines and transmissions developed in the USA

Suspension modules - Variations of FoA's Virtual Pivot Front suspension and Control Blade IRS.

If you look at Mulally's efficiency drive, this satisfies the criterion with the least immediate upheval.

It gives the Mustang and Falcon real scales of economy that can extend to unitary frames as well.

The Panthers get all of the benefits without sacrificing their BOF constructiuon.

The FoA CB IRS is a bolt in structure that weighs the same as a SRA but has the added advantage of enabling handling and ride quality to be tuned separately. It's addition to the North American cars would fulfill a promise made by FoA engineers at Ford 2000 to supply an affordable and light IRS.

The Virtual Pivot front suspension replaces the lower A-Arms with two struts that form a virtual pivot enabling superior handling road holding. The panther would continue with inboard springs attached to the new lower strut, this would be the only major variation needed to the standard virtual Pivot design.

Using modern compartment packaging designs, it's possible to build a 114" wheelbase Crown Victoria

at 202" long similar to the Taurus and FoA Fairlane. This would achieve the dual goals of weight reduction and improved cabin space without sacrificing trunk volume. The new Crown Victoria would have improved rear legroom similar to the Taurus but the cabin width would be 3" more.

Couple the above design to an ultra new body style and you have an economical showroom winner.

As I said at the top of my post,

This is the least invasive option for rationalising RWD cars across Ford globally as the cars are

only built in three factories now - STAP, Dearborn and Broadmeadows.

I'm sure that Ford will do something radical in the next two years but whether it's this type of plan

is not clear, but I do know they'll be looking to save as much money as possible, use as much

as commonly possible and change (move) production lines as little as possible.

Edited by jpd80

By the way, move the air intake higher. We hydrolocked two going through some high waters during a heavy rainstorm....

Ironic. We had a deluge one day here and they sent an officer in a new crown vic to an area where water level was reported to be getting pretty deep. He turns off onto a side street and low and behold the water washes over the hood, floods his motor and he can't get it started again. The shop says the engine is toast.

I think I'll skip that part. lol

Edited by BlackHorse

Ironic. We had a deluge one day here and they sent an officer in a new crown Vic to an area where water level was reported to be getting pretty deep. He turns off onto a side street and low and behold the water washes over the hood, floods his motor and he can't get it started again. The shop says the engine is toast.

I think I'll skip that part. lol

The water my officer tried to forge wasn't much over 18 to 24 inches deep. The problem was a truck went through in the opposite direction creating a wave. Didn't take much to wipe it out.

Smokey.jpg

Ford will spend over $750 million updating St. Thomas assembly to build these new variants of Ford's fullsize RWD sedans. Additionally, Ford will re-engineer the frame and suspensions in order to bring them thoroughly into the 21st century. The end result of this huge investment is stunning:

07CVIC_tease.jpg

You know Nick - I got all hard with excitement when I read the first part and then went south when I realized it was a joke. :doh:

A good one tho. :shades: I bow down to the master of particle jokes.

But that new interior! So much more forward thinking than the Avalon or 300!

ford_crownvictoria_standard_2007_interior_19_346x270.jpg

gall_18.jpg

lk_07avalon_interior.jpg

Edited by 96 Pony

Ford will spend over $750 million updating St. Thomas assembly to build these new variants of Ford's fullsize RWD sedans. Additionally, Ford will re-engineer the frame and suspensions in order to bring them thoroughly into the 21st century. The end result of this huge investment is stunning:

07CVIC_tease.jpg

20028855-E0511036255001030.jpg

07TOWN_tease.jpg

:doh:

Your head is the only thing stunted.

Well, we just had a provincial election in Ontario, and the loss of manufacturing jobs in Southern Ontario has been a concern. The re-elected government would not like to see STAP disappear, and, as they have in the past, may well pony up 100-200 million in aid to encourage STAP's survival.

BlackHorse and gocash,

The 2010 may be a little disappointing, but check out this video clip of the retro version they're planning for 2012, already spotted in Police testing:

clip

In my opinion, this will really bring the Panther full circle, leapfrogging over previous weak efforts like the '49 and the 427. In the last scene though, you can see proof that they're staying with the proven body-on-frame construction at least through the next generation. This is a great move for Ford in my opinion.

Ford Model T to Ford Crown Victoria

07CVIC_tease.jpg

20028855-E0511036255001030.jpg

07TOWN_tease.jpg

:doh:

khan!.gif

That's not a fake pic. I believe somebody took that picture in Saudi Arabia.

Hey I know that dealer! Holy light that's one ugly panther.

Why would they sell a tri-bar Vic here? The only car with the Tri-bar face sold here is the Edge.

According to a Crown Vic forum, it was taken at a Kuwait dealer.

It sure looks a lot like a dealer I have been to, those lazy fuck part-time workers and the 100-years old shoddy.

Besides, it can't be in Kuwait. It has a five digit price, a Kuwait Dinar is about 4 USD.

I think it says 96,900 Riyals, that's about 23 ~ 24K USD! Something I will never shell out for a fucking panther.

Edited by LincolnFan

Maybe Ford is going to put the new grille on the Police Interceptors that get the Street Appearance Package? I've been thinking that it may signify a longer commitment to the Panther for production.

I also wonder if Ford may resume retail sales of the Vic in limited quantities if there are serious plans to drop the Mercury brand. I like the grille and if I see a Vic in person with it and like it, I want to try to acquire one for my car.

Hey I know that dealer! Holy light that's one ugly panther.

Why would they sell a tri-bar Vic here? The only car with the Tri-bar face sold here is the Edge.

It sure looks a lot like a dealer I have been to, those lazy fuck part-time workers and the 100-years old shoddy.

Besides, it can't be in Kuwait. It has a five digit price, a Kuwait Dinar is about 4 USD.

I think it says 96,900 Riyals, that's about 23 ~ 24K USD! Something I will never shell out for a fucking panther.

I was just going off 3rd party info. If you say Saudi, then I believe you.

...I like the grille and if I see a Vic in person with it and like it, I want to try to acquire one for my car.

Maybe somebody from STAP can get a part number for you...