Fullsize Pickup Trucks - Sales October 2007

waymondospiff

F-Series - 51,741

Mark LT - 666 (In honor of Halloween?)

Avalanche - 5,487

Silverado - 48,716

Chevy Fullsize - 54,203 (Avalanche & Silverado)

Sierra - 17,417

Escalade - 716

Ram - 24,711

Tundra - 17,868

Titan - 5,001

Wow! The Silverado/Avalanche combo is laying it down on the F-Series. When is the refresh due again?

Scott

While I personally agree that the F150 is the best full size pickup on the market, to include from the point of view of how it looks, I also understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One mans ugly truck is another mans great looking truck. Neither of us is right or wrong so insulting them for buying the Chevy is an exercise in machoistic, self preening nonsense.

post-15078-1130109469_thumb.jpg

Right, everytime a vehicle sells in high numbers that doesn't belong to Ford it's because of the sheeple. Whatever.

2006_2edb.2006-01-22--toronto-headupass-thumb.jpg

Well, I haven't seen any with that lovely green "E" sticker on that back (yet), so somebody is buying the fugly turds.

l_1555.jpg

I test drove the Chevy and Dodge last month. The Chevy ride is excellent and the interior is first class.

See, I sat in a couple at the last auto show and thought the interior was subpar at best, REALLY cheap door panels. :eek5:

Edited by Armada Master

And a Suburban has a permanently built on camper...who gives a sh!t?

Ok, how about Silverado and SIERRA sales are putting a hurt of F-150 sales....hmmm?

Maybe if they just called them and catagorized them, and counted them by what they really are: Pick-ups, SUV, SUT, Wagons (on a truck chassis), etc. Why lump them together at all? I don't know about hurt anyway. But it is getting very interesting for the Ford sales personnel. No doubt. :redcard:

BTW, the magazines always say the (insert newest truck redesigned name here) has the best interior in it's class. I haven't seen the nice interior in a Silverado, just the base version. And it didn't impress me as being better than the Ford, Dodge or Nissan interiors. OK, better than the base Nissan interior. But it was plastic door panels like my 94 F-150 XL work truck...

Edited by jonas1022

Maybe if they just called them and catagorized them, and counted them by what they really are: Pick-ups, SUV, SUT, Wagons (on a truck chassis), etc. Why lump them together at all? I don't know about hurt anyway. But it is getting very interesting for the Ford sales personnel. No doubt. :redcard:

BTW, the magazines always say the (insert newest truck redesigned name here) has the best interior in it's class. I haven't seen the nice interior in a Silverado, just the base version. And it didn't impress me as being better than the Ford, Dodge or Nissan interiors. OK, better than the base Nissan interior. But it was plastic door panels like my 94 F-150 XL work truck...

I thought they all were made out of plastic..

F-Series - 51,741

Mark LT - 666 (In honor of Halloween?)

Avalanche - 5,487

Silverado - 48,716

Chevy Fullsize - 54,203 (Avalanche & Silverado)

Sierra - 17,417

Escalade - 716

Ram - 24,711

Tundra - 17,868

Titan - 5,001

Wow! The Silverado/Avalanche combo is laying it down on the F-Series. When is the refresh due again?

Scott

The F-150 refresh cant come fast enough, it seems. Does anybody know if Super Duty sales are being inhibited by limited diesel models b/c of the Navistar situation?