FoMoCo November 2007 Sales

igor

at 1pm today Ford will begin conference call concerning the November sales.

the press report will be available a little after noon here:

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=27313

I predict a solid month - the Taurus was almost gone by this time last year so we will stop seeing that distortion. With the deals Ford has been running at the tail end of the month - I predict a medium sized jump in sales of Edge, Fusion, Escape, and Taurus, and solid month for the new Focus. We shall see.

Igor

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at 1pm today Ford will begin conference call concerning the November sales.

the press report will be available a little after noon here:

I predict a solid month - the Taurus was almost gone by this time last year so we will stop seeing that distortion. With the deals Ford has been running at the tail end of the month - I predict a medium sized jump in sales of Edge, Fusion, Escape, and Taurus, and solid month for the new Focus. We shall see.

Igor

nah, they will see 20% losses, The Edge sucks and has shitty brakes, it will drop in sales... the escape same thing, stupid drum brakes, failure... edge has a whimpy ass 3.0 and block radio, it is junk... ford sucks and will loose a ton of sales!!!!

nah, they will see 20% losses, The Edge sucks and has shitty brakes, it will drop in sales... the escape same thing, stupid drum brakes, failure... edge has a whimpy ass 3.0 and block radio, it is junk... ford sucks and will loose a ton of sales!!!!

Wake up as-hole. You were only right on one point, the radio block shaped but so are NAV centers and I don't see the downside to it. Would you prefer a round or oval NAV center? Stupid the Edge is the class leader and for good reason, I own one. It sports a 3.5 not a 3.0 and it is the fastest in it's segment. The brakes are more that adequate and will put you trough the windshield if you stand on them, in fact my wife's Edge stops better than my Fusion with 4 wheel disk brakes. Lastly the Edge is more astetically appealing the the Lexus CUV. Let's step out of your Toyota dreamland and back in to reality, go drive the Lexus and Edge back to back and you will find that the Lexus CUV owners are getting screwed by paying more for less. About $20,000 more! :hysterical:

Edited by Furious1Auto

Taurus sales will be key.

It is an important segment and I'm glad that their was a refresh but the fact that they have gone a little crazy with the three bar grille it detracts from the potentcy initially. Once the Fusion has been refreshed I think you will see a sinifigant gain in Taurus sales IMO, We'll see!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Wake up as-hole. You were only right on one point, the radio block shaped but so are NAV centers and I don't see the downside to it. Would you prefer a round or oval NAV center? Stupid the Edge is the class leader and for good reason, I own one. It sports a 3.5 not a 3.0 and it is the fastest in it's segment. The brakes are more that adequate and will put you trough the windshield if you stand on them, in fact my wife's Edge stops better than my Fusion with 4 wheel disk brakes. Lastly the Edge is more astetically appealing the the Lexus CUV. Let's step out of your Toyota dreamland and back in to reality, go drive the Lexus and Edge back to back and you will find that the Lexus CUV owners are getting screwed by paying more for less. About $20,000 more! :hysterical:

George Pipas has already stated that Crossover sales have remained solid for November. And when Ford says Crossover, they usually include Escape since it is FWD model. I predict Ford sales for November will be flat which will be great in that no more double digit losses. I sure hope they are up though because that would be nice change of pace for once. So I look for Edge, Escape, and Focus sales to be up. I have no idea how rest of lineup will do. I also look for Lincoln to have good month and hopefully Mercury another solid month. Yeah, I hope Taurus and TaurusX had solid months as I see a lot of new TaurusX's around here. And I have never seen Ford advertise the Taurus X with even special lease rates. Fusion should do OK since I know in Detroit they are adverstising Fusion SE I4 for $169/month....lowest lease rate I have seen on that vehicle. Good deal.

The D3s are selling at a 90k yearly rate combined. I just wish they had a solid ad campaign on them. You could probably easily get that 110k-120k yearly rate combined.

I hope the Fusion sales were a result of retail and not fleet (rental or otherwise) purchases.

FORD EDGE, LINCOLN MKX SET CROSSOVER GROWTH PACE; CUSTOMERS ALSO SNAP UP HYBRIDS, CARS, SYNC

* Ford Motor Company sales totaled 182,951 in November, up 0.4 percent versus a year ago.

* All-new Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX paced Ford, Lincoln and Mercury crossovers to a sales increase of 119 percent; year-to-date crossover sales were up 63 percent.

* Ford Focus posts 18 percent sales gain and Ford Fusion sales were up 39 percent.

* SYNC-equipped units are turning fast and elevating opinions and consideration for Ford.

* Lincoln retail sales were higher for the 14th month in a row.

* Ford announces first quarter 2008 North American production.

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec 3 – Continued growth in crossover sales and increased demand for hybrids, fuel-efficient cars and Ford's industry-exclusive SYNC in-car connectivity technology drove Ford Motor Company’s (NYSE:F) sales in November. Company sales totaled 182,951, up 0.4 percent versus a year ago. November marked the first sales increase following 12 months of declines.

“It is encouraging to see our newest cars, crossovers, hybrids and industry-first SNYC technology resonating with customers,” said Mark Fields, president, The Americas. “Continuing to deliver more quality products that people really want and carefully gauging customer demand in the months ahead will help ensure we stay on track with our plan.”

Consumer demand continues to grow for the all-new Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX crossover utility vehicles. Edge sales were 12,594 and Lincoln MKX sales were 3,360. Total sales of crossover utilities, including the redesigned Ford Escape, Ford Taurus X, and Mercury Mariner were 33,271, up 119 percent compared with a year ago. Escape Hybrid and Mariner Hybrid models set November sales records.

Sales of the new 2008 Ford Focus were up 18 percent compared with a year ago. Focus is one of 12 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury models equipped with SYNC, an affordable, industry-exclusive in-car connectivity technology that fully integrates most Bluetooth-enabled cell phones and MP3 players into a customer’s driving experience.

Some other interesting stuff:

Ford car sales for 2007: down 29.1% (due to lack of Fleet Taurus Sales)

Ford Truck Sales for 2007: Down only (I'm guessing due to Edge and Escape sales) 6.3%

LM Truck Sales for 2007: UP 23%!

Jag still sinking like a rock

Well 2008 looks like it could be a good year for Ford, hopefully they will keep this pace and increase it with the intro of the Flex and F-150 next year.

Edited by silvrsvt

Pretty darn good!

Highs: Fusion, Focus, Escape, and Edge all doing pretty darn well this month on the Ford end of things. I noticed Panther sales spiked pretty significantly too (bring on the mafia cheerleaders). Milan and MKX had pretty a good month.

Lows: Taurus. Ugh. Could you at least TRY to sell them, Ford?? The drop-off in Mustang sales is starting to look more like a trend than an anomoly. I think they waited a year too long on the refresh on that one. Kind of surprised to see the MKZ drop a bit. Jaguar, no surprise there!

Everything else pretty much seemed condition normal -- slight F-series and Volvo. Slight increase at Land Rover.

Pretty good month, Ford! And once again, the analysts were WRONG. :hysterical:

JAGUAR BRAND NOVEMBER 2007 U.S. SALES

November Month % November CYTD %

2007 2006 Change 2007 2006 Change

XJ 294 388 -24.2 3,931 4,484 -12.3

S-TYPE 209 274 -23.7 3,182 5,609 -43.3

X-TYPE 298 270 10.4 2,897 4,930 -41.2

XK 313 324 -3.4 4,151 4,107 1.1

Total Jaguar 1,114 1,256 -11.3 14,161 19,130 -26.0

What can I do to help Jaguar?

The drop-off in Mustang sales is starting to look more like a trend than an anomoly. I think they waited a year too long on the refresh on that one.

Well in general, they aren't selling that bad for a car thats been on the market for almost 4 years...not at the rate they where doing in 2004-06 though...

I'm not encouraged with the disclaimer towards the end stating that commercial sales were up 25%...

Depends...if they are going to Government fleets (where the F-series and Vans make up a big part of the market), thats ok...as long as they arne't dumping products into rental fleets that use them for a year and then dump them into the used car market, destroying the resale value of privately owned cars and trucks...