FoMoCo November 2007 Sales

igor

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it an excuse when it's the truth. Just because you know what they are doesn't mean everyone else out there does. Then again you think IRS is a good idea for a full-size pickup truck.

Ok...whatever...keep using that excuse.

Then again you think IRS is a good idea for a full-size pickup truck.

You have a hard time understand sarcasm?

I believe every bit of it to. Those that own them, that HAVE never owned Ford vehicles before, loved 'em. Now that they have more power what's not to like.

I had to take ours in for a service. I was talking to the service writer and he said that they have very few Five Hundreds come in for anything other than routine service. I jokingly said maybe it's because they aren't selling well...his response was "Yeah, but the ones sold are apparently good cars"

Ok...whatever...keep using that excuse.

You have a hard time understand sarcasm?

Sorry, I don't think I purchased the MacBook with the sarcasim indicator. Besides as much as you rambled on about it one would think that you meant every bit of what you said.

BTW what excuse might that be? Half the people out there didn't even know what the heck a Five Hundred was.

Then you have yet another camp that still has the impression of the Vulcan powered, rocks for seats unrefined miserable 'late' Taurus. Mention Taurus to them and they think 'HERTZ'.

How long are you people going to keep using that excuse? The cars are three years old. And I bet that most dealers will try to force a Sable on someone rather than a GMQ.

People know they are out there.

I'll stop using that excuse when Ford actually puts some effort behind advertising them and when I ask people if they considered looking at a new Taurus they reply "there's a new Taurus?"

Something Mustang drivers do...and Expedition/Explorer drivers don't.

Does an Explorer/Expedition have a max towing capacity of 11,000 lbs?

Don't Explorers and Expeditions come with a 3rd row as standard or optional equipment. The same 3rd rows that fold to make a flat load floor?

Haven't we discussed that costs and aftermarket performance upgrades were the major determinates as to why the Mustang doesn't have an IRS?

Wait.....

Aren't you kidding?

Edited by Michael Reynolds

I'm guessing more of the government spike came from the Crown Vic (which isn't even sold retail, so you KNOW the increase in monthly sales was ENTIRELY to fleets) and the Grand Marquis.

Yes. D3's are selling like shit. But to CHEER about selling 10,000 Panthers (mostly to fleet) is pretty funny. BOTH platforms are absolutely stinking up the sales charts.

Well if the D3 was so great the police would be buying them instead right? Maybe they aren't because RWD is superior in every way to FWD, especially in a large car.

The other problem is the Taurus looks horrible, I've seen a few around L.A. now and they just scream cheap rental. From the cheap chrome grill, to the Tempo headlights, to the hideous chrome foglight surrounds that sweep up into a sharp point, to the ghetto looking ricer altezza tallights. The Sable they got right though, the front it looks really really good, none of it really matters since Ford refuses to advertise either car which is baffling considering they said they wouldn't make that mistake again. :finger:

Well if the D3 was so great the police would be buying them instead right? Maybe they aren't because RWD is superior in every way to FWD, especially in a large car.

The other problem is the Taurus looks horrible, I've seen a few around L.A. now and they just scream cheap rental. From the cheap chrome grill, to the Tempo headlights, to the hideous chrome foglight surrounds that sweep up into a sharp point, to the ghetto looking ricer altezza tallights.

:blah: :boring:

Edited by suv_guy_19

Actually, Gov't Law Enforcement Agencies ARE buying 500s and Taurui. There are several 500s in use at the port downtown by the Customs people. They've had them for over a year, the officers like them from the one conversation I've had with one of them, and they seem to have held up well. In fact, one of the other officers bought a new Taurus for his family after having driven the 500 at work.

Why does every single topic around here end up centering around the 30 year old Panther platform??? If I knew nothing about Ford vehicles I would assume that this car line is the most important product that Ford Motor Company produces today after reading some of these forums.

The Taurus and Sable are best in class right now. The should be selling better because there is a lot "right" about the cars, however marketing is non existent on them. Ford should be doing better in the full sized market, however that is not their focus right now. Ford's focus right now is on CUV's. Why? The full-sized and mid-sized car markets are filled with many good choices including Ford's Taurus and Fusion. It's a market with very stagnant growth and to get buyers you are basically trying to steal them away from everyone else. I am not saying they are not important segments, because they are and Ford finally has competitive models, but Ford must focus on the market with the biggest potential. The CUV market is still new and developing and Ford has gotten a good hold on it. They have to fight to become the leader in the new market, while offering good products in other markets.

Put it this way...what would have been smarter? Developing the Edge or taking all of that development money and throwing it into a new Crown Victoria???

Well if RWD was so great then I guess Toyota and Honda must be making HUGE mistakes.

Sales numbers don't indicate greatness, besides, the most un-educated people about cars are the fools buying Toyota's and Honda's.

But if you look at Lexus they are all RWD with the exception of the ES, and why? Because even they know that people who aren't just buying a cheap appliance want RWD.

And look at Honda, how is that FWD RL doing? Or that FWD Ridgeline which buckles sheetmetal driving through a ditch?

RWD is superior, otherwise F1 and all other race cars would be FWD.

Sales numbers don't indicate greatness, besides, the most un-educated people about cars are the fools buying Toyota's and Honda's.

But if you look at Lexus they are all RWD with the exception of the ES, and why? Because even they know that people who aren't just buying a cheap appliance want RWD.

And look at Honda, how is that FWD RL doing? Or that FWD Ridgeline which buckles sheetmetal driving through a ditch?

RWD is superior, otherwise F1 and all other race cars would be FWD.

Its not that cut and dry. There are some things that FWD is better at.

Like being less expensive and lighter, and with more passenger space flexibility.

FWD is as good as RWD if you're buying a car for anything but the curvy bits.

And its better if you are in a snowy place even when the RWD has traction aids. Snow tires make the difference less noticeable, but its still there to an extent.

Edited by suv_guy_19

My concern is that there are about 4000 Ford dealers in the US, right? If the sales were divided evenly among just Ford dealers, than they are only selling 36 or so cars each a month. That's with out fleet sales included. So this in turn lowers the Dealship's bottomline. Which means they can't pay as well, so better car salesmen leave Ford dealships. Making the process worse.

My concern is that there are about 4000 Ford dealers in the US, right? If the sales were divided evenly among just Ford dealers, than they are only selling 36 or so cars each a month. That's with out fleet sales included. So this in turn lowers the Dealship's bottomline. Which means they can't pay as well, so better car salesmen leave Ford dealships. Making the process worse.

Yeah, but salesmen clean up on used cars anyway..... Commission is much better (as a general rule). Selling used cars is harder too.

Fleet sales also go through dealerships, even to rental fleets. There's not a state in the union where Ford can sell directly to anyone (even a huge corporation). The dealerships don't clean up on fleet sales, but they do all right. It's (fairly) easy money.

OH MY GOD!!! YES PLEASE! fap.gif

That sure beats any rendition of the Gillette razor grill Ford insists on pasting on everything

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Actually, that grille is the Taurus grille w/ the colors inverted, so, in a way, it is a rendition of the 3-bar grille. It follows the Expedition's take on the 3-bar grille though.