FoMoCo November 2007 Sales

igor

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GM is mostly retail now with the CV being the fleet unit.

Matthew

No, the GM is the only retail seller of the Panthers, which is not the same as being mostly retail. As far as I remember, it is mostly fleet. It was 60% fleet before this massive sales swing. The CV was 90% fleet. Those 10% from the CV are not making the thousand+ unit swing in GM sales. My guess is that the GM is 70-80% fleet at this point, but I'd like to confirm that so that we get off this Panther fixation. Neither the Sable, Taurus nor Panthers are selling well, no matter which way we cut it. True, the Panthers are fulfilling a purpose - gov't/comm fleets - but the Taurus and Sable are profitable units, ultimately.

Ford's entire large car strat is just in ruins. RWD and FWD doesn't really make a difference.

I would love to see a break out of retail numbers on the GM. I doubt it is outselling the Sable on a retail basis. The Panthers are all but dead at this point.

Umm, Panther is dead?

Crown Victoria 5,170

Grand Marquis 4,702

Town Car 488

TOTAL: 10,360

I think Ford would be more worried

about their D3s not selling all that well:

Taurus (New) 3,779

Five Hundred 116

Taurus X 2,608

Sable (New) 1,102

TOTAL: 7,605

What can I do to help Jaguar?

Point out that the S types sales have dropped like a stone because it's just gone out of production and because stock has been sold off? Take the S type's sales out and it would appear that Jag should go into recovery mode shortly. XK is up.

Umm, Panther is dead?

Crown Victoria 5,170

Grand Marquis 4,702

Town Car 488

TOTAL: 10,360

I think Ford would be more worried

about their D3s not selling all that well:

Taurus (New) 3,779

Five Hundred 116

Taurus X 2,608

Sable (New) 1,102

TOTAL: 7,605

I firmly believe the problem with the D3s is advertising. I've never seen a Sable or Taurus X commercial and the only Taurus commercial has been the "family safety" one. They're good vehicles but nobody knows about them. It's just plain baffling to me.

Point out that the S types sales have dropped like a stone because it's just gone out of production and because stock has been sold off? Take the S type's sales out and it would appear that Jag should go into recovery mode shortly. XK is up.

You remind me of the Comical Ally the Iraqi T-Stag, XK sales fell in November.

November 2007

2007 XK 313 Sales 2006 XK 324 Sales Your sale have dropped by a massive 11 customers.

X Type sale are booming this November 270 to 298 up a massive 10.4% all down to the extra 28 customers that bought the X type tell that to Lincoln.

I firmly believe the problem with the D3s is advertising. I've never seen a Sable or Taurus X commercial and the only Taurus commercial has been the "family safety" one. They're good vehicles but nobody knows about them. It's just plain baffling to me.

I have never seen a Panther commercial either.

You remind me of the Comical Ally the Iraqi T-Stag, XK sales fell in November.

November 2007

2007 XK 313 Sales 2006 XK 324 Sales Your sale have dropped by a massive 11 customers.

X Type sale are booming this November 270 to 298 up a massive 10.4% all down to the extra 28 customers that bought the X type tell that to Lincoln.

I'm just wondering what happens when Jag sales get down to zero. Maybe if they sell one the month after they can report sales up 100 percent.

The # of old timers still buying Grand Marqs is insignificant compared to the overall car market. Those who think Ford should force feed sales of them are nuts.

Fusion up 39% {about time}, Focus up 18% {C1 what?}. And the Edge family too. Also, looks like the days of comparing #'s to the DN101 Taurus fleet dumping are finally over.

Toyota blames the economy for their lower sales, what happened to them taking over?

NISSAN:

Edge: 12,xxx sales

Murano: 3,xxx sales

YTD:

Edge: 116,xxx

Murano: 72,xxx

Even though Murano is in its last model year - I think we can declare a winner. I predict the new Murano will not be able to reverse this hierarchy (we can revisit that in 12 months).

On another note - the Rogue is up to a good start : 6,xxx sales in its first month (Escape and Rav4 are at 12,xxx a month, and CR-V at 16,xxx).

also interesting to note - the Altima is only at 19,xxx units a month - that is not THAT much higher than the Fusion especially if we take Fusion+Milan (12,xxx+3,xxx=15,xxx) - I think if Ford does the MCE right, we are not far from Fusion, Malibu, and Altima duking it out for #3 every month.

Overall Nissan: up 6.1%

http://www.nissannews.com/?intcmp=Nissan_N...rporate_Info.P2

Igor

Edited by igor

I call foul on the GM sales press release. They say that retail sales were up, then say that retail sales were up as a percentage of overall sales.

Well, call me nuts but I don't think that 74% of 263,654 is more than 73% of 297,556.

GM's retail sales were down 22,203 units, or 10%. Or, more to the point, their retail sales were down significantly more than Ford's.

Question to me seems to be whether GM pulled sales ahead in September and October.

Edited by RichardJensen

I call foul on the GM sales press release. They say that retail sales were up, then say that retail sales were up as a percentage of overall sales.

Well, call me nuts but I don't think that 74% of 263,654 is more than 73% of 297,556.

GM's retail sales were down 22,203 units, or 10%. Or, more to the point, their retail sales were down significantly more than Ford's.

Question to me seems to be whether GM pulled sales ahead in September and October.

I cracked the code:

GM's retail car deliveries increased, based on the strength of the all-new Chevrolet Malibu, 2008 Cadillac CTS and fuel-efficient Chevrolet Aveo, Cobalt, Pontiac G5 and G6.

Total retail deliveries were down 9.7 percent, largely due to reduced availability of 2007 models after a strong sell-down in September and October.

Retail sales for the month, as a percentage of total sales, showed an increase of more than one percentage point (to 74 percent of total sales) compared with a year ago.

Now it all makes sense - overall retail down 9.7% but it is now 74% of all sales (compared to 73% of all sales in 2006). Car retail sales were up though. :D

Igor

Anyone know what the Highlander sales were? I want to see if they went up from last month, since they were rather low from what we were expecting... Oh and how come GM's sales aren't on its website...I want to see Malibu sales

Edited by ManFord

Anyone know what the Highlander sales were? I want to see if they went up from last month, since they were rather low from what we were expecting... Oh and how come GM's sales aren't on its website...I want to see Malibu sales

November: http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/12/03/072319.html

Highlander at 12,xxx sales - but do not know how much they sold in October.

Igor