(no topic)

cnorman1974

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You tell 'em. The domestics just can't cut it anymore. Chrysler is about to go out and Ford is on the verge. They just can't compete. The resale value of domestics suck! Toyota may have issues with recalls recently but the domestics have always had them. Even with Toyota's recall issues they still have a much better resale value.

Toyota trucks will not make a big impact in the commercial or construction market but they are are big everywhere else. Get over it, Toyota is here to stay. I would bet that Ford would go out of business before Toyota.

this is the guy that carries his luggage at the Airport....

snow mexican..go figure..well guys i have looked at all makes of vehicles before making a well researched decision...this does include toyoda and hunda which does offer a greater trade in value..problem is cost of parts for the foreign cars is expensive...i have not bought a car in years...only trucks...i am waiting for the new 2009 f150 as well as the new dodge ram...i will thouroughly research each truck and make my decision off my research...so either ford or dodge will get my hard earned cash...i also shop at walmart..so price is important...uaw needs to get their head out their asses and get the cost down on vehicles.i will not pay for same lame ass putting a lug nut on my truck who makes $30 an hour...screw that...paying for that is just plain stupid..point is the uaw as well as corporate needs to start cooperating on how best to build a top quality vehicle at a price we can afford to buy that can COMPETE with the imports...until this happens imports are going to keep getting market share from the big 3...

Um, with the exception of the Tundra being discounted to beg people to buy them the imports cost more than the domestic brands in MSRP. Our compensation is in line with import auto assemblers and does not determine the pricing of new vehicles. "Every" automaker charges what the market will bare for their product, foreign and domestic! In short we could be paid $5.00 an hour and the cost of cars would not be come down. Simply we don't set the pricing the customers do, so if you think that buying foreign is teaching us a lesson think again! Your just going to buy an inferior Tundra and not accomplish anything but punishing yourself! People buy trucks for work, though the Tundra may look good in the hood it is less capable for it's intended purpose! Go buy that garbage and don't cry when you take negative equity to get rid of it once it falls apart on you!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Um, with the exception of the Tundra being discounted to beg people to buy them the imports cost more than the domestic brands in MSRP. Our conpensation is in line with import auto assemblers and does not determine the pricing of new vehicles. "Every" automaker charges what the market will bare for their product, foreign and domestic! In short we could be paid $5.00 an hour and the cost of cars would not be come down. Simply we don't set the pricing the customers do, so if you think that buying foreign is teaching us a lesson think again! Your just going to buy an inferior Tundra and not accomplish anything but punishing yourself! People buy trucks for work, though the Tundra may look good in the hood it is less capable for it's intended purpose! Go buy that garbage and don't cry when you take negative equity to get rid of it once it falls apart on you!

I thought Ford was able to reduce vehicle costs by implementing a modular assembly process, just in-time parts shipping, and by going flex in plants such as CAP. I know when Ford rolled the 500/Montego and Freestyle out, the base price was announced and people at Cap were suprised at how cheap these vehicles were being sold for.

I beleive he has done this before. He posted on an anti-gay website for a while then claimed to be a "flaming querr" and that everyone should "deal with it"..............

Cant teach an old dog new tricks.......especially a gay dog.

:stirpot:

Do you know from experience??? :hysterical:

that Honda and Toyota and other imports are here to stay because they are the best, and that domestic vehicles are pure 100% garbage.....we have a God given right to choose what we want to spend our hard earned money on, and we will not put up with low quality shitpieces from Ford, GM or Chrysler anymore. It does not surprise me, and millions more, to see the numerous domestic recalls announced now and over the years.

that the better product out there is winning more and more every day and you cannot accept that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No wonder the "Big 3" are in such deep shit that they will probably never get out of it, because of their shit products!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of truth in that post buddy.....

A lot of truth in that post buddy.....

Keep the perception alive BUDDY!!

Make : TOYOTA Model : CAMRY Year : 2007

Manufacturer : TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION

Crash : Yes Fire : No Number of Injuries: 1

ODI ID Number : 10202262 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: September 5, 2007

VIN : 4T1BE30K66U...

Component: AIR BAGS:FRONTAL

Summary:

2006 CAMRY....WHILE INCHING MY CAR FORWARD IN MY DRIVEWAY TO POSITION THE CAR TO BACK IT UP, I WAS APPLYING THE BRAKE AND MOVING AT A SPEED OF NO MORE THAN 2-3 MPH. THE CAR STARTED TO ACCELERATE WHICH KEPT INCREASING. I WAS TAKEN BY SURPRISE, DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING. I LOOKED DOWN AT THE ACCELERATOR TO MAKE SURE IT WASN'T ME. MY FOOT WAS ON THE BRAKE. BEFORE I KNEW IT, I HIT HEAD ON THE VERY LARGE TREE AT THE END OF MY DRIVEWAY. I WAS APPROXIMATELY 4 FT FROM THE TREE WHEN THE ENGINE STARTED REVVING. I HAD MY SEAT BELT ON, WHICH SAVED ME FROM SMACKING MY FACE ON THE STEERING WHEEL. MY HEAD JERKED FORWARD AND I HAD A TREMENDOUS HEADACHE AFTERWARDS WITH PAIN IN MY NECK. THE AIR BAG DID NOT DEPLOY. I PUT THE CAR IN PARK AND MY HUSBAND REACHED IN THE WINDOW AND TURNED THE ENGINE OFF. WHEN I STARTED IT UP AGAIN, THERE WAS NO PROBLEM AND I CAREFULLY MOVED IT AWAY FROM THE TREE. THE FORCE WITH WHICH I HIT THE TREE PUSHED IN MY FRONT END AND ALSO DID SOME DAMAGE UNDER THE HOOD SINCE THE POWER STEERING FLUID WAS LEAKING. I AM CURRENTLY WAITING FOR THE INSURANCE ADJUSTOR TO CHECK THIS OUT. HE DID SAY THAT IF HE DOESN'T EXPERIENCE THE SAME PROBLEM, HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT CAN BE DONE BY TOYOTA. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I AM ANXIOUS FOR THE RESULTS AND WILL NOT FEEL SAFE DRIVING MY CAR. *JB

Make : TOYOTA Model : CAMRY Year : 2007

Crash : Yes Fire : No Number of Injuries: 2

ODI ID Number : 10207900 Number of Deaths: 0

Date of Failure: October 4, 2007

VIN : 4T1BE46K27U...

Component: AIR BAGS

Summary:

TL*THE CONTACT OWNS A 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY. WHILE DRIVING 25 MPH, ANOTHER MOTORIST RAN A STOP SIGN AND CAUSED THE CONTACT TO STRIKE THE VEHICLE ON THE PASSENGER SIDE. THE CONTACT'S AIR BAGS FAILED TO DEPLOY. BOTH VEHICLES WERE DESTROYED. A POLICE REPORT WAS FILED. THE CONTACT'S WIFE INJURED HER LEFT ARM AND SUSTAINED CRACKED RIBS. HIS DAUGHTER-IN-LAW SUSTAINED CHEST INJURIES DUE TO THE REAR PASSENGER SEAT BELT AND IS CURRENTLY HAVING CHEST PAINS. THE PURCHASE DATE WAS UNKNOWN. THE CURRENT AND FAILURE MILEAGES WERE 14,250.

Make : TOYOTA Model : TUNDRA Year : 2007

Crash : Yes Fire : No Number of Injuries: 0

ODI ID Number : 10209454 Number of Deaths: 1

Date of Failure: October 26, 2007

VIN : 5TBRT54197S...

Component: TIRES

Summary:

2007 TOYOTA TUNDRA TIRE FAILURE AND AIR BAG FAILURE. CONSUMER WOULD LIKE ALL INFORMATION REGARDING THIS VEHICLE DUE TO THE DEATH OF HIS SON. *KB

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/co...rintVersion=YES

Edited by 8A4RE

^^ Useless quotes buddy. I can go to the same website and pull up stats for Ford vehicles. They are 10X worse than Toyota! Do i need to remind you of Explorers with exploding tires or F-150s spontaneously catching fire because of a cheap ass solenoid used by Ford??

To show you how useless your post was, here are some more reports from the same site:

Make: FORD

Model: EXPLORER

Year: 2006

Complaint Number: 10150286

Summary:

UPON RELEASING THE EMERGENCY BRAKE THE CAR ROLLED DOWN THE HILL AND OVER MY LEGS. *JB

Complaint Number: 10185415

Summary:

2006 FORD EXPLORER EDDIE BAURER- WITHIN 12 HOURS OF PURCHASING THE CAR, THE STARTER CAUGHT ON FIRE, CAR WAS OUT OF SERVICE 1 WEEK. TRANSMISSION HESITATED FROM A COLD START ESPECIALLLY BAD WHEN PULLING OUT INTO TRAFFIC. ENGINE ROARED AT TIMES, SOUNDED LIKE A JET TAKING OFF. DEALER SAID THIS WAS NORMAL, IT WAS THE ENGINE FAN ???? CAR LURCHED FORWARD WHEN STARTING ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS. AT FIRST SERVICE DEPT AGREED THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH 8 CYLINDER TRANSMISSION AND THAT THEY WERE NO FIXES BUT THEN THE FORD REP GOT INVOLVED AND SUDDENLY THEY COULDN'T FIND ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR. THEY SUGGESTED THAT OUR ONLY RECOUSE WAS TO GO THRU THE LEMON LAW WHICH WE DID. IT WAS A LONG DRAWN OUT PROCESS BUT AFTER 6 MONTHS OF DEALING WITH THE SITUATION, THE LEMON ARBITRATION RULLED IN OUR FAVOR AND FORD WAS REQUIRED TO BUY BACK THE EXPLORER. I HAD A FORD EXPEDITION FOR 9 YEARS AND LOVED IT BUT AFTER THIS FIASCO WITH THE EXPLORER AND FORD'S REFUSAL TO STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT, I WILL NOT EVER BUY ANOTHER FORD. I NOW HAVE A TOYOTA 4RUNNER AND COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. WHILE IT DOESN'T HAVE SOME OF THE SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE EXPLORER, THE PIECE OF MIND OF KNOWING THAT IT WILL ACTUALLY GO WHEN I PULL OUT INTO TRAFFIC IS IMMEASUREABLE. TO THOSE STILL HAVING THE PROBLEMS, I WOULD SUGGEST THE LEMON LAW.

Complaint Number: 10207972

Summary:

WE HAVE TAKEN OUR 2006 FORD EXPLORER WITH JUST OVER 20,000 MILES ON IT INTO THE SHOP 3 TIMES DUE TO INTERMITTENT LOSE OF POWER WHEN STARTING OUT. THE COMPUTER SOFTWARE HAS BEEN RELOADED 2 TIMES. THE LAST TIME I TOOK IT IN I TOLD THE DEALER TO KEEP IT UNTIL IT WAS FIXED. AFTER 2 DAYS THEY SAID THEY COULD FIND ANYTHING WRONG BUT BELIEVED THERE WAS A PROBLEM. FORD THEN ASKED US TO DRIVE A UNSAFE CAR TO TROUBLE SHOOT IT FOR THEM WITH A FLIGHT RECORDER HOOKED UP TO THE COMPUTER. FORD CARE AND THE DEALER ARE BOTH NOT WILLING TO CALL BACK AND FIX THE CAR. *TR

Edited by Ford??-LOL!

^^ Useless quotes buddy. I can go to the same website and pull up stats for Ford vehicles. They are 10X worse than Toyota! Do i need to remind you of Explorers with exploding tires or F-150s spontaneously catching fire because of a cheap ass solenoid used by Ford??

To show you how useless your post was, here are some more reports from the same site:

Summary:

UPON RELEASING THE EMERGENCY BRAKE THE CAR ROLLED DOWN THE HILL AND OVER MY LEGS. *JB

Summary:

2006 FORD EXPLORER EDDIE BAURER- WITHIN 12 HOURS OF PURCHASING THE CAR, THE STARTER CAUGHT ON FIRE, CAR WAS OUT OF SERVICE 1 WEEK. TRANSMISSION HESITATED FROM A COLD START ESPECIALLLY BAD WHEN PULLING OUT INTO TRAFFIC. ENGINE ROARED AT TIMES, SOUNDED LIKE A JET TAKING OFF. DEALER SAID THIS WAS NORMAL, IT WAS THE ENGINE FAN ???? CAR LURCHED FORWARD WHEN STARTING ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS. AT FIRST SERVICE DEPT AGREED THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH 8 CYLINDER TRANSMISSION AND THAT THEY WERE NO FIXES BUT THEN THE FORD REP GOT INVOLVED AND SUDDENLY THEY COULDN'T FIND ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR. THEY SUGGESTED THAT OUR ONLY RECOUSE WAS TO GO THRU THE LEMON LAW WHICH WE DID. IT WAS A LONG DRAWN OUT PROCESS BUT AFTER 6 MONTHS OF DEALING WITH THE SITUATION, THE LEMON ARBITRATION RULLED IN OUR FAVOR AND FORD WAS REQUIRED TO BUY BACK THE EXPLORER. I HAD A FORD EXPEDITION FOR 9 YEARS AND LOVED IT BUT AFTER THIS FIASCO WITH THE EXPLORER AND FORD'S REFUSAL TO STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT, I WILL NOT EVER BUY ANOTHER FORD. I NOW HAVE A TOYOTA 4RUNNER AND COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. WHILE IT DOESN'T HAVE SOME OF THE SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE EXPLORER, THE PIECE OF MIND OF KNOWING THAT IT WILL ACTUALLY GO WHEN I PULL OUT INTO TRAFFIC IS IMMEASUREABLE. TO THOSE STILL HAVING THE PROBLEMS, I WOULD SUGGEST THE LEMON LAW.

Summary:

WE HAVE TAKEN OUR 2006 FORD EXPLORER WITH JUST OVER 20,000 MILES ON IT INTO THE SHOP 3 TIMES DUE TO INTERMITTENT LOSE OF POWER WHEN STARTING OUT. THE COMPUTER SOFTWARE HAS BEEN RELOADED 2 TIMES. THE LAST TIME I TOOK IT IN I TOLD THE DEALER TO KEEP IT UNTIL IT WAS FIXED. AFTER 2 DAYS THEY SAID THEY COULD FIND ANYTHING WRONG BUT BELIEVED THERE WAS A PROBLEM. FORD THEN ASKED US TO DRIVE A UNSAFE CAR TO TROUBLE SHOOT IT FOR THEM WITH A FLIGHT RECORDER HOOKED UP TO THE COMPUTER. FORD CARE AND THE DEALER ARE BOTH NOT WILLING TO CALL BACK AND FIX THE CAR. *TR

Catastrophic engine failure, 07 Camry!

11986937_AX.jpg

11986937_8X.jpg

From you first post on the 21'st Norman.

Form today, the 23rd. I thought you had "more better" things to do asswipe? Given your mastery of grammar it's no wonder you're puttering around in some used junky civic.

Not that I have anything against little cars but frankly your "big dick / little dick" analogy again only demonstrates the reason you're ignorant ass is driving a Civic, and likely will never attain anything better.

Back in the real world when big whale collides with small car the big dick gets squished.

How true that is... Hey cnorm: I'm sure you got a few rainbow flags and pink triangles on your car too right? :poke: :slug:

How true that is... Hey cnorm: I'm sure you got a few rainbow flags and pink triangles on your car too right? :poke: :slug:

You are such a redneck backwards ass....is anyone else getting sick of this hicks homophobic ranting? Why dont you do the world a favor-drive your Town Car off of a cliff!!! :rip:

Summary:

Summary:

Summary:

UPON RELEASING THE EMERGENCY BRAKE THE CAR ROLLED DOWN THE HILL AND OVER MY LEGS. *JB?????????? how can one be INSIDE the car to release the brake...THEN have the car roll over ones legs????????

It was nice riding the wave of bullshit on here............

but after reading all posts made by socially retarded domestic vehicle loving losers on here who have too much time on their hands, I have come to the realization that there are better things to do in everyday life than whine and bitch about the cold hard facts, that Honda and Toyota and other imports are here to stay because they are the best, and that domestic vehicles are pure 100% garbage.....we have a God given right to choose what we want to spend our hard earned money on, and we will not put up with low quality shitpieces from Ford, GM or Chrysler anymore. It does not surprise me, and millions more, to see the numerous domestic recalls announced now and over the years.

You can bitch, whine and complain on here about Toyotas and others, but I myself and millions of other consumers have more better things to do everyday than be on here...you people are just a little tiny minority whose voice will keep getting smaller and smaller until you just fade to nothing......

The best way to describe your way of thinking here...............PURE JEALOUSY............that the better product out there is winning more and more every day and you cannot accept that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No wonder the "Big 3" are in such deep shit that they will probably never get out of it, because of their shit products!!!!!!!!!!!

ACCEPT IT..................IT'S A FACT THAT WILL NOT GO AWAY.............EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HONDA AND TOYOTA IS THE BEST...............4-EVER!!!!!

Pure jealousy!?!?!?! What do we domestic lovers have to be jealous about? Toyota has had more quality problems in the past few years than any of the domestics, especially Ford. Toyota sucks, so get over it. :finger:

1 leg in car...1 leg out with car door open..onlyway i can see this type of accident occuring....and yes it is my money and i will buy what gives me the most banfg for the buck....i do not like foreign cars but will not be screwed over by american union policies..if you end up having to flip belly bombers tha your fault

Summary:

Summary:

Summary:

At least Ford actually recalls the defective models. Remember how just recently Toyota got in big trouble for not recalling vehicles that they knew had defects? :banghead:

1 leg in car...1 leg out with car door open..onlyway i can see this type of accident occuring....and yes it is my money and i will buy what gives me the most banfg for the buck....i do not like foreign cars but will not be screwed over by american union policies..if you end up having to flip belly bombers tha your fault

sorry, but that sounds physically impossible...unless he released it from OUTSIDE the car...in which case the IDIOT deserved what happened....and whos to say the transmission wasn't in neutral...in which case AGAIN operators fault.....weird.

First the "exploding tires" on the Explorer were made by FIRESTONE, and the other issue you raised is an active volunteer recall by Ford, they were not dragged into court to force a recall.

When I sold tires, any customer coming in with an SUV was advised to step up to at the very least "extra load" tires. Passenger car tires have two belts and LT tires start at four and on up depending on load requirements. The "extra load" tires were basically a passenger car tire with an extra belt for ......extra load. I have never seen an extra load rated tire fail under normal SUV use....can't say the same for passenger car tires, and I have seen all brands of tires fail due to overloading them. It was brought to higher awareness due to the sheer number of Explorers being bought by people that had no idea what they were driving or how.

I remember an article from some years ago regarding what car companies look for when selecting tires for their line of vehicles, it said that all car companies have three basic requirements for tires, they should be round, black, and cheap....and the first two requirements don't really matter.

We can "stat" each other to death, but if you don't care for Ford.....why are you here? I am not on a Toyota site bashing Toyota....if you enjoy Toyota...more power to ya....just don't try and spew your vehemence about Ford my way.....thank you.

First the "exploding tires" on the Explorer were made by FIRESTONE, and the other issue you raised is an active volunteer recall by Ford, they were not dragged into court to force a recall.

When I sold tires, any customer coming in with an SUV was advised to step up to at the very least "extra load" tires. Passenger car tires have two belts and LT tires start at four and on up depending on load requirements. The "extra load" tires were basically a passenger car tire with an extra belt for ......extra load. I have never seen an extra load rated tire fail under normal SUV use....can't say the same for passenger car tires, and I have seen all brands of tires fail due to overloading them. It was brought to higher awareness due to the sheer number of Explorers being bought by people that had no idea what they were driving or how.

I remember an article from some years ago regarding what car companies look for when selecting tires for their line of vehicles, it said that all car companies have three basic requirements for tires, they should be round, black, and cheap....and the first two requirements don't really matter.

We can "stat" each other to death, but if you don't care for Ford.....why are you here? I am not on a Toyota site bashing Toyota....if you enjoy Toyota...more power to ya....just don't try and spew your vehemence about Ford my way.....thank you.

I beleive it is classified as one trying to justify a dumb ass buying decision by trying to convince those around him ( us basically ) otherwise.....

The fact of the matter is, these tires were also on Toyota and Chevrolet vehicles, and ALL of them experienced the same thing. The difference was that Ford had these tires standard on one of the best selling cars in the world, while Toyota and Chevrolet had them as Optional equipment on models that couldn't come close to the Explorer's sales. There were probably 40 or 50 Explorer's with these tires for every one Toyota or Chevy, so obviously, the bulk of the problem would have been experienced on the Explorer due to the volume at which it was used.