Thread for praising the new F150

RichardJensen

Like the side profile-think the crease above the fenders looks great. The taillights also look very nice-almost like a Toyota. The FX4 to me looks like the preferred version. Think the grill and front end looks fine-not great-but not bad.

The interior is nice-center console is nicely trimmed out. Like the seat design, door panels, lighting and side windows. Color combinations look good as well.

Love the available model options-something Ford has done exceptionally well through the years. The bed looks like it will fill most people needs. Side step will help getting stuff out and the tailgate ladder works well.

Anxious to find out how the overall ride, braking and powertrain performance will measure out. Think the updated powertrain-especially the diesel-will be huge. That cannot get here fast enough.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really like it, especially the sport version. The Platnum will be popular, the grill is a little too busy, but I bet it did well in clinics as the "ritzy version" and I always liked the King Ranch version.

The tailgate is visually interesting.....not just a flat piece of sheet metal.

What's not to like? The previous F150 was still the best looking of them all. This is a refresh to keep it competitive.

"...which people hated" Yeah, in your coffee shop clique', but not 'all' people. Go buy a Kia or Chinese pick up, oh wait there are no such things!

Anyway, this is for praising the F-150, and it looks fine, better than the Tundra, and certainly better than the boring/dated 1997.

IMO the knee-jerk hatred that this truck has generated is dang near a guarantee of success;

I'm going to remember you said that for when/if Ford restyles the Panthers. :hysterical:

I notice this thread is not nearly as long as the F-150 hate/argue threads....I wonder why....

Edited by Armada Master

I have to tell you that I think they look nice, and that isn't even the cheerleader in me. I don't like those on the Fusion, but I like these.

I dont care for the tail lights either. Im about as far from a basher as can be. Hopefully they have a lower end model without the chrome that can be ordered.

If it is a subconscious cue, how are you aware of this? :stirpot:

Because my parents forked over money to the school linked to in my sig.

My degree is in art, with a strong background in other liberal arts (history, philosophy, linguistics).

If I can't pick the cues likely to play subconsciously on someone, well, dagnabbit, it means my parents just flushed that money down the crapper.

Exactly. We say we like the truck and say a bit about why. They go on and on about nothing.

Quit your lying, the only crowd that never shuts up around here is the cheerleaders, you guys spoil every thread with crap such as this, complaining about criticism, and even complaining about criticism in threads where there hasn't been any, instead of staying on topic, you pick apart everything people say. This isn't a forum for your phsycho-babble, this is a forum to talk about Ford, and right now they are in a hole, and they keep making huge mistakes, people that love this company don't pat them on the back when they do wrong.

Just like loving parents don't congratulate their kids when they find them doing heroin.

And it shows in the ridiculous amount of posts you have here, you feel the need to argue evry little thing anybody says that's not to your liking, how about shutting up for once along with the rest of the cheerleaders and letting people express their thoughts, stop trying to be a forum dictator... :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

Find your kid doing heroin and you freak out, then complain his room is messy, well, not as clean as one other kids. Also his sneakers are ALWAYS in the hallway...and he never hangs up his jacket...and he doesn't do the dishes right....and doesn't volunteer to take out the garbage....and...

And that's what you guys do on here, in your "love" for ford you pick every freaking scab continuously then complain they never heal.

How about some of you get a "huge cup of shut the fuck up"

If Ford goes out of business then what will the pom pom crowd say?

The whole point is that F-150 isn't nearly as bad as the haters make it to be and its not nearly as good as the cheerleaders make it out to be.

Your option doesn't carry any more weight then mine does when it comes to the F-150

Because the haters tend to foam at the mouth a lot more than the rest of us.

If you go to any Interent message board (outside of treads asking questions), negitve messages always outweigh the postive ones since people vent when they are pissed at something. When people are happy/content they don't do anything or go out of their way to show that.

If you go to any Interent message board (outside of treads asking questions), negitve messages always outweigh the postive ones since people vent when they are pissed at something. When people are happy/content they don't do anything or go out of their way to show that.

I don't think people even have to be pissed to start posting negative messages. Its the anonymity factor.

Ok let's keep this relevant to the thread!!

The King Ranch version looks like it blends the more upscale grill better than the platinum. I also like the stiching on the door handles.

Trying to warm up to the rear end-and it seems to be growing on me some. Hope the grill will as well. Like many of Ford's vehicles lately they seem to look better not only in person but with some time. Just hope this thing launches well and has plenty of momentum.

I think they will achieve their desire to have it recognizable at 100 yards (think that was the distance) as not only a Ford but the new F150.

Would like a little more chrome on the mirrors but they look a little bigger to me.

Also want to see all their versions and how they look as a package.

See I can post in both threads-just because you disagree with Ford's execution does not mean you are a "hater."

I like the rear of the vahicle a lot. It may on the busy side but it does lot to reduce the "massive" feel that the current version has.

The front end will have to grow on me. My biggest issue is the headlight design, they are not very detailed and I think it takes away from the front end by giving it a bland feel. The one big head light relfector looks unfinished in this day and age.

Not sure if this is praise or not but the dash execution is very Lincolnized (square/blocky MKZ) with a double decker 2008 Focus “poke-through” center console , more upscale looking of course. And the front grille on the high trim variant seems a combo of Lincoln MKX & Ford 3 bar styling.

Audio face looks much better IMO with the Navi option http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/jan...rd-f-150-30.jpg

Materials used inside seem very high grade.

Edited by MKII

Not sure if this is praise or not but the dash execution is very Lincolnized (square/blocky MKZ) with a double decker 2008 Focus “poke-through” center console , more upscale looking of course. And the front grille on the high trim variant seems a combo of Lincoln MKX & Ford 3 bar styling.

Audio face looks much better IMO with the Navi option http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/jan...rd-f-150-30.jpg

Materials used inside seem very high grade.

maybe my dad will like this one better than he liked the Mark LT, he said it was not enough to justify the hike in price this, but "Platinum" looks like a very good improvement but im going to tell him to wait until the 6.2L comes out, i think he can wait

BTW that has to be the best interior i have ever seen in a pick up

Edited by Ford-150