The new 2009 Dodge Ram

CivicDuty2007

Just looked at the info and pics available out there on the new '09 Ram.........

Will this finally be the truck that takes on Ford and gives it a good run for its money? Forget the Tundra, that truck has quite a long ways to go yet. The Silverado looks fine, "close but no cigar", the Titan is also way behind.

Way nicer looking as well...........just hope that the new HEMI won't be any harder on fuel.

And the interior is way better I think.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure it looks prettier but with 9,000lb max towing capacity, Dodge is slowly but surely losing the game .. the F150 was at 11,000lbs last year, and said they will up it in the 2009 (did not release the figures yet) .

I will use an analogy I heard yesterday: the Ram looks like a show horse. The F150 is a damn good looking work horse.

Igor

sure it looks prettier but with 9,000lb max towing capacity, Dodge is slowly but surely losing the game .. the F150 was at 11,000lbs last year, and said they will up it in the 2009 (did not release the figures yet) .

I will use an analogy I heard yesterday: the Ram looks like a show horse. The F150 is a damn good looking work horse.

Igor

When you need to tow heavy loads, you buy a heavy duty truck. Anyone that tows 11K pounds with the F-150 has something wrong with them.

If ANYONE with half a brain tow 11K pounds with any sort of regularity, they will buy a Super Duty. Not some toy truck.

When you need to tow heavy loads, you buy a heavy duty truck. Anyone that tows 11K pounds with the F-150 has something wrong with them.

If ANYONE with half a brain tow 11K pounds with any sort of regularity, they will buy a Super Duty. Not some toy truck.

has it ever occurred to you that those trucks happen to cost more than a 1/2 ton?

im just wondering cause you seem to use that complaint and the one where you complain about how you are to short to reach in the bed(which has been solved)

you portray it as Ford should be beaten to death cause they offer the highest payload and tow ratings

ok ill play your game....the Supercrew F-150 does not tow 11k lbs, IIRC it tows 9500 lbs in 2x4, the only truck that i know tows more in the crew cab configuration is none other than the new Tundra in its CrewMax configuration with 10100 lbs in 2x4, now with payload in the bed the F-150 is better i can't think of the #s off of my head but it is better than the Tundra CrewMax payload by around 400 lbs, but the F-150 is not the best in payload out of crewcab trucks, the Titan(you know that Nissan truck) holds more in the bed than the F-150 in its crew cab configuration and 2x4

and your "toy trucks" comment just says enough to discredit everything you say about trucks

sorry i forgot to stay on topic, but the Ram is almost last on both payload and tow ratings with their crew cab configurations

Edited by Ford-150

Way to completely miss his point.

It makes for a nice bragging point, sure, but people hardly buy the F150 because of its tow rating, and certainly the majority don't come close to towing 9k, let alone 11k+ pounds.

It amazes me when people here defend a mediocre effort like the Escape "because it focused on what people value most", and yet they minimize the fact the F150 doesn't have these things...

dg009_051rm.jpg

dg009_048rm.jpg

... which the average Joe WOULD value more.

As Igor said, Ford upped the towing ratings for the F150 not too long ago. IT DID SHIT TO IMPROVE SALES. Increasing the dose won't change the end result. Take the blinders off already, the F150 is far from being perfect.

Edited by pcsario

people don't because most people do not drive the work horse regular cab F-150, i thought you knew that?

Oh heck no. We aren't even going to start tap dancing, making excuses and side stepping the issue now.

Not after this argument was put forward

I don't see any declaration about work trucks or hobby trucks or weekend trucks or any of that crap in there. So lets hear it. All you F150 owners that regularly tow 11,000 pounds speak up because this is the reason igor says everyone should choose an F150 over a Dodge, not just the work horse guys.

It makes for a nice bragging point, sure, but people hardly buy the F150 because of its tow rating, and certainly the majority don't come close to towing 9k, let alone 11k+ pounds.

It amazes me when people here defend a mediocre effort like the Escape "because it focus on what people value most", and yet they minimize the fact the F150 doesn't have these things, which the average customer WOULD value more:

As Igor said, Ford upped the towing ratings for the F150 not too long ago. IT DID SHIT TO IMPROVE SALES. Increasing the dose won't change the end result. Take the blinders off already, the F150 is far from being perfect.

no pc.....you missed the point.....even though i did not keep on his point completely, using the Escape and those storage areas on the Ram in your post easily misses the point when he was talking about towing

whatever im done...you dumb fucks are stressing me out....

A few items weighing in under 9,000 lbs.

130806290_b03c794a8a_m.jpg

C186881.jpg

nigelhall.jpg

Lets be real, the tow ratings for half tons are ALL overkill (9,000 all the way up to 11,000) The VAST majority of half-ton truck owners won't come anywhere near the lowest ratings regardless of the truck they buy.

What does an 11,000 lb tow rating REALLY get you? A neat commercial. Just like HEMI horsepower figures really mean nothing to the average consumer except "it must be cool cause it has lots of HP". The marketing departments seems to have done their jobs well.

Edited by Intrepidatious

It amazes me when people here defend a mediocre effort like the Escape "because it focus on what people value most", and yet they minimize the fact the F150 doesn't have these things, which the average customer WOULD value more:

You and I really have too much common sense.

Pencil whipping your tow ratings is no way to gain customers. Ford has sunk to a new low.

no pc.....you missed the point.....even though i did not keep on his point completely, using the Escape and those storage areas on the Ram in your post easily misses the point when he was talking about towing

whatever im done...you dumb fucks are stressing me out....

Now that really is a post that's a waste of space.

You and I really have too much common sense.

Pencil whipping your tow ratings is no way to gain customers. Ford has sunk to a new low.

i will be buying the 09 ram..inetrior is far superior to the f150 and the truck just looks better..towing...lmao..i haul a 4-wheeler and a load of dirt now and then...trying to sell the f150 by tow rating sounds like dealer salesman bullshit..i tow..i want a super duty not an f150..ford needs to hire a few interior engineers from toyota like dodge did..ford interiors are pathetic

Well, I'm sure there must be a few people here that from time to time need to haul or tow a big load, but not often. If that is the case, why get a HD truck just in case. The fact that the half ton can do it if needed is very important. We have heavy loader springs on our 89 F150 so that we can haul more. not too long ago I had 2500 lbs in the bed. To real truck users numbers like this are the most important.

no one needs 11,000# towing capacity just like no one needs 300hp engines. There are as many F150 owners towing 11,000# as there are Mustang owners driving 200mph.

But people like to use this measures as a yardstick for when they do haul 2000#. The greater the capacity of the truck, the more likely it can handle the everyday stuff with ease.

Don't know why ths is so hard to comprehend.

no one needs 11,000# towing capacity just like no one needs 300hp engines. There are as many F150 owners towing 11,000# as there are Mustang owners driving 200mph.

But people like to use this measures as a yardstick for when they do haul 2000#. The greater the capacity of the truck, the more likely it can handle the everyday stuff with ease.

Don't know why ths is so hard to comprehend.

because itis a lame ass excuse for trying to reason why the f150 is better then then new dodge ram......

i will be buying the 09 ram..inetrior is far superior to the f150 and the truck just looks better..towing...lmao..i haul a 4-wheeler and a load of dirt now and then...trying to sell the f150 by tow rating sounds like dealer salesman bullshit..i tow..i want a super duty not an f150..ford needs to hire a few interior engineers from toyota like dodge did..ford interiors are pathetic

You must be a moron, the Toyota interior is joke, not even as nice as the previous gen camry. The Dodge interior does look good, but I doubt the design has much to do with hiring Toyota personnel.

The next F150 interior looks equal to or better than the next Dodge, and even the current F150 isn't far off. The next Dodge interior is light years ahead of the current Dodge though. And they are both SO much better than the Toyota.

I will concede that the Tundra has a decent looking exterior in certain trims and obviously has nice power, but I think the latest offerings from the domestics are about to make this truck pretty obselete, and it's less than a year old. Pathetic, actually.

Igor

The Ram, to me, seems more like a "lifestyle" truck, while the F-150 serves as both a "lifestyle" and a work truck.