The new 2009 Dodge Ram

CivicDuty2007

The "it'll tow 11,000 lbs" story kinda reminds me when Goodyear introduced the Gatorback "V" speed rated tires and every one clamored of , "Why on earth would you need tires that can handle sustained driving speeds of 130MPH ....?"

The point is, that if the tire can handle those speeds safely, it can withstand daily use at posted limits with zero problems.....same goes for F150.....sure it can tow up to 11K Lbs., it also makes for towing a 5K load that much safer since the truck is engineered way past that safely.

Think people......think.

I am sure Dodge will sell alot of those new Rams...and I hope they steal alot of sales from Toyota as American truck buyers come back home to American brands....but will it take Fords slot? Not even with the plant that makes it running three full shifts.....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will be buying the 09 ram..inetrior is far superior to the f150 and the truck just looks better..towing...lmao..i haul a 4-wheeler and a load of dirt now and then...trying to sell the f150 by tow rating sounds like dealer salesman bullshit..i tow..i want a super duty not an f150..ford needs to hire a few interior engineers from toyota like dodge did..ford interiors are pathetic

You want the guy that designed this:

http://images.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pic...a+dash_view.jpg

to ruin this:?

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/FordF150p...=thumb1280x1280

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/FordF150L...=thumb1280x1280 (Nav system picture)

The F-150 looks MUCH better than the hideous Tundra, both inside and out.

Edited by rmc523

The "it'll tow 11,000 lbs" story kinda reminds me when Goodyear introduced the Gatorback "V" speed rated tires and every one clamored of , "Why on earth would you need tires that can handle sustained driving speeds of 130MPH ....?"

The point is, that if the tire can handle those speeds safely, it can withstand daily use at posted limits with zero problems.....same goes for F150.....sure it can tow up to 11K Lbs., it also makes for towing a 5K load that much safer since the truck is engineered way past that safely.

Think people......think.

I am sure Dodge will sell alot of those new Rams...and I hope they steal alot of sales from Toyota as American truck buyers come back home to American brands....but will it take Fords slot? Not even with the plant that makes it running three full shifts.....

They are thinking. Your analogy applied works like this. This Z rated tire is rated to sustained speeds at 130 mph, while this other Z rated tire is rated to sustand speeds of 120 mph. i.e. 11,000 pounds versus 9,000 pounds. Well I know I'm never going to be driving my sports car anywhere near 120 or 130 for a sustained time so both will be fine.

How are those "declining across the board "Ford sales holding up?

How is that declining stock price holding up?

Actually, Ford stock was up 0.32 points, or 5.39% today to close at $6.58.

And those declining sales are beginning to end.

Edited by rmc523

i will be buying the 09 ram..inetrior is far superior to the f150 and the truck just looks better..towing...lmao..i haul a 4-wheeler and a load of dirt now and then...trying to sell the f150 by tow rating sounds like dealer salesman bullshit..i tow..i want a super duty not an f150..ford needs to hire a few interior engineers from toyota like dodge did..ford interiors are pathetic

congratulations

where did i mention toyoda?..another brain dead ford uaw worker playing on the puter...learn how to build a high quality, high reliable truck then get back to me

you mentioned Toyota in post #15.

But don't bother editing it as people have already quoted it.

They are thinking. Your analogy applied works like this. This Z rated tire is rated to sustained speeds at 130 mph, while this other Z rated tire is rated to sustand speeds of 120 mph. i.e. 11,000 pounds versus 9,000 pounds. Well I know I'm never going to be driving my sports car anywhere near 120 or 130 for a sustained time so both will be fine.

Both will be fine for you. Not for everyone.

OK....lets see, a "Z" rated tire can handle sustained speeds of 149+ MPH, if you compared "Z" rated tires, they BOTH can handle speeds of 149+ MPH, so your analogy is a bit off, but your reasoning is similar to the morons that tried to replace those expensive GatorBacks with a lesser speed rated tire that cost less money....guess what they found out, that the car handled and performed way differently at posted limits than with the OE spec tire. You see, the entire vehicle dynamic was altered when they put on the lower priced and lower speed rated (and in most cases, lower quality) tire.

In conclusion, while both vehicles may be "fine" as you state, the Fords ability to safely handle up to 11K Lbs will outshine Dodges ability to handle up to 9K Lbs when both are towing a "mere" 5K load...the principle that while the Dodge has already gone past the half way mark in max towing capacity, the Ford will not be nearly as stressed since it is handling less than half its rated towing rate.

C'mon....fire up those brain cells...I know you can do it :hysterical:

because itis a lame ass excuse for trying to reason why the f150 is better then then new dodge ram......

So, ability and capability is "lame ass" but, "who's got the prettiest interior..." isn't? If your opinion is that the Dodge has a sharper interior, so be it, but the Ford has better capabilities.....time will tell.

Edited by twintornados

I agree. I think the Ram will steal sales from all trucks, but it won't run with the F-150, it's capabilities are the major limiting factor, IMO.

You left out the fact that it's a Dodge. Dodge will never be the number one seller of trucks. There's too much inertia to fight.

I think some people here are under the assumption that ALL F-150s are capable of towing 11000 pounds. If you check the Ford towing guide, you'll see there is only ONE version of the F-150 that can. It's an XL reg cab with an 8 foot box and the Heavy Duty Payload package. It comes with HD frame, springs, shocks, wheels, cooling, differential and 4.10 gears. So, yes, that one model could tow 11000 pounds. Most of the other F-150s are rated in the 8K to 9.5K range.

You left out the fact that it's a Dodge. Dodge will never be the number one seller of trucks. There's too much inertia to fight.

Meh. I remember in the 80's people saying that none of the foreign cars would ever outsell the Big 3. That it was a passing fad. :banghead:

Yes there is the inertia factor and I don't think this Ram will outsell the new F150 - immediatly. But I do think Dodge has a hit on it's hand and who knows what will happen 5 years down the road.

So, ability and capability is "lame ass" but, "who's got the prettiest interior..." isn't? If your opinion is that the Dodge has a sharper interior, so be it, but the Ford has better capabilities.....time will tell.

I think the F-150 has the nicer interior.

You want the guy that designed this:

http://images.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pic...a+dash_view.jpg

to ruin this:?

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/FordF150p...=thumb1280x1280

The F-150 looks MUCH better than the hideous Tundra, both inside and out.

Not much left to ruin. The only thing that would make the F-150 interior worse is more buttons.

I think some people here are under the assumption that ALL F-150s are capable of towing 11000 pounds. If you check the Ford towing guide, you'll see there is only ONE version of the F-150 that can. It's an XL reg cab with an 8 foot box and the Heavy Duty Payload package. It comes with HD frame, springs, shocks, wheels, cooling, differential and 4.10 gears. So, yes, that one model could tow 11000 pounds. Most of the other F-150s are rated in the 8K to 9.5K range.

...now that is interesting. :shades: