Rare/strange sight in South Florida

rmc523

The other day I saw a Ford Edge Limited driving on the highway in South Florida. I woundn't have even thought about it except this Edge had a Michigan "Manufacturer" plate.

Do you all/ya'll (for BlackHorse) think it was down here for some sort of testing (I don't know what type of testing that'd be), or just here because its here?

This is my 3000th post, BTW.

Edited by rmc523

Do you all think it was down here for some sort of testing

No son, listen, you gotta learn how to talk good english boy. lol

Do ya'll think. Not you all. Come on, don't be such a duddly do right. Ya'll. See how that just rolls off the tounge better?

Kind like "Mister I'm about to beat your butt!!!"

No, no you stick in the mud, it's "Boy I'm fixinda whip yur ass!!!" See?

You'll get it. You'll be fine. Practice in the mirror. LOL

Maybe they were testing the Edge for high humidity climates. Didn't someone say they are looking at selling them in Brazil?

The other day I saw a Ford Edge Limited driving on the highway in South Florida. I woundn't have even thought about it except this Edge had a Michigan "Manufacturer" plate.

Do you all think it was down here for some sort of testing (I don't know what type of testing that'd be), or just here because its here?

This is my 3000th post, BTW.

Maybe it was one of upper management who needed a vehicle to drive to Disneyworld? Who knows. :shades:

No son, listen, you gotta learn how to talk good english boy. lol

Do ya'll think. Not you all. Come on, don't be such a duddly do right. Ya'll. See how that just rolls off the tounge better?

Kind like "Mister I'm about to beat your butt!!!"

No, no you stick in the mud, it's "Boy I'm fixinda whip yur ass!!!" See?

You'll get it. You'll be fine. Practice in the mirror. LOL

Maybe they were testing the Edge for high humidity climates. Didn't someone say they are looking at selling them in Brazil?

:hysterical: Sorry....I will try to correct my ways. FIXED!!

That could be possible. Yes, they're going to sell them in Brazil.

Edited by rmc523

Maybe it was one of upper management who needed a vehicle to drive to Disneyworld? Who knows. :shades:

I thought it may have been someone on vacation, but this was in the Delray/Boca Raton area, not Orlando/Disneyworld. I suppose he could still be on vacation in Boca though.

What's strange about a Ford Edge Limited, we've already sold more then a dozen of them :idea: Probably just a Ford rep's car.

It wasn't the vehicle that was strange (I see quite a few Limiteds already), it was it's license plate. It had a Michigan Manufacturer plate (in S. Florida), which are usually on vehicles being tested.

Edited by rmc523

It wasn't the vehicle that was strange (I see quite a few Limiteds already), it was it's license plate. It had a Michigan Manufacturer plate (in S. Florida), which are usually on vehicles being tested.

Ford does testing in South Florida. I know an engineer that has some testing designated in the keys.

When I lived down there I'd see a manufacturer plate on occasion here and there, probably nothing special though.

Ford does testing in South Florida. I know an engineer that has some testing designated in the keys.

When I lived down there I'd see a manufacturer plate on occasion here and there, probably nothing special though.

Makes sense.

northern tundra weather testing

desert weather testing

humid heat testing

makes lots of sense to test these vehicles in all weather.

Of course, you may have also seen Mark Fields driving a company car.

Makes sense.

northern tundra weather testing

desert weather testing

humid heat testing

makes lots of sense to test these vehicles in all weather.

Of course, you may have also seen Mark Fields driving a company car.

Mark Fields would probably be driving a Jaguar Super V8 for his "company car" if he drove one. Even though everybody here hates Jaguar.

I hadn't seen one down here before, so I thought it was odd.

If it's in Miami, it's just being tested for real world, road rage duty actually. Maybe they are testing new brakes on the Edge which are desperately needed...thats a great place to test them at :)

:hysterical: No, it was the Boca area.

Miami drivers are horrible though.

Edited by rmc523

You didn't see Mark Fields behind the wheel did you? ;)

I don't know if I'm imagining it looked like him or if it did. Now that the thought is in my head, though, I may be thinking it was him even if it wasn't. I can picture him (Mark Fields) driving it, but I dont know if it was.....this is frustrating!!! I may have seen Mark Fields and not even have known it.

I was in a bus on a way to a soccer game, so I was way above the car, so I may have not even seen his face too. (and am imagining again)

:hysterical: No, it was the Boca area.

Miami drivers are horrible though.

I'm from Miami and moved up to Orlando 4 years ago, so Yeah I can critisize and YES, thats why we were rated as #1 in Road Rage, #1 in Rudest Drivers and #3 in Worst Traffic, in the U.S. :) Just wasn't worth the hassle to live there, which is why I moved...oh and people speak english up here :)

I'm from Miami and moved up to Orlando 4 years ago, so Yeah I can critisize and YES, thats why we were rated as #1 in Road Rage, #1 in Rudest Drivers and #3 in Worst Traffic, in the U.S. :) Just wasn't worth the hassle to live there, which is why I moved

Well, I live in Fort Lauderdale, so the drivers aren't as bad, they're still not very good, but not extremely bad.

...oh and people speak english up here :)

:hysterical: