2008 Nissan Altima coupe

Ovaltine

What do you all think of the new Nissan Altima coupe?

I'm not crazy about the front-end, but it sure looks good from all the other angles!

-Ovaltine

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=120849

08NissanAltimaCpe.jpg

nissan-altima-coupe-2008-770186.jpg

2008-nissan-altima-coupe-60.jpg

CARmageddon2676.jpg

08.nissan.altima.coupe.int.500.jpg

must admit i like it...AND I sat in frontand behind an Infiniti G37 yeaterday...it is even more sucessful...car was a knockout

I saw one the other day. Maybe it was because it was directly in front of me and I was in my F series (so at a higher viewpoint), but I immediately thought, "Good lord, that thing is one ugly car" (before I could even see what it was). After following it for a while, I figured out what it was that was so objectionable to my eye: the rear lights. They look huge . . .way too big and the way it slopes down from the roof line, it just is very unappealing to me.

I saw one the other day. Maybe it was because it was directly in front of me and I was in my F series (so at a higher viewpoint), but I immediately thought, "Good lord, that thing is one ugly car" (before I could even see what it was). After following it for a while, I figured out what it was that was so objectionable to my eye: the rear lights. They look huge . . .way too big and the way it slopes down from the roof line, it just is very unappealing to me.

I agree, I hate the massive taillights and rear end design in general. I also don't like how the license plate area cuts into the lower bumper.

I've taken a spin in one...for what it is, it's ok. The styling did remind me of the G6 particularly from the rear if you squint a bit. The trunk is rediculously small, and the interior dashboard and materials were chitzy. It just gives another option for buyers who dont need the 4 doors, and since it's the Solara's last year, this will probably pick some people who would have shopped for that.

I've taken a spin in one...for what it is, it's ok. The styling did remind me of the G6 particularly from the rear if you squint a bit. The trunk is rediculously small, and the interior dashboard and materials were chitzy. It just gives another option for buyers who dont need the 4 doors, and since it's the Solara's last year, this will probably pick some people who would have shopped for that.

I can see a bit of G6 in it's design. I'd rather have this than a Solara, if anything, just to avoid Toyota.

My GF loves the car and really wants one. We test drove one. The interior makes me feel like the wizard in Frot's house, the rear looks like the G6 coupe, the trunk is so small you would find it hard to fit 1 golf bag in it, and whe you get some options in it it gets rediculously expensive for what it is. As a base 2.5S the price is reasonable, but a 3.5SE with some options is waaaaay too high.

Its a chic car. What nissan needs to do is make a convertable of it to replace the Solara and the old Seabring.