Ford February 2008 Sales

igor

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clubman.....

I loathe the entire brand now, especially considering the fact that they softened up their cars big time. Talk about a flimsy and chintzy interior.

You can't help but admire their sales though, wish it was was Ford had sales up 38% in February and produced classic styled winners again. The Mini holds it's value like nothing else does, l wish it was Ford making the exiting Classic cars rather than dull boring bland Mondeo's that lose most of it's value after just a couple of years.

MINI __up_arrow.jpg38.5%

Mercedes __up_arrow.jpg3%

Mazda __up_arrow.jpg2.5%

Honda __up_arrow.jpg1.9%

All the rest were down

You can't help but admire their sales though, wish it was was Ford had sales up 38% in February and produced classic styled winners again. The Mini holds it's value like nothing else does, l wish it was Ford making the exiting Classic cars rather than dull boring bland Mondeo's that lose most of it's value after just a couple of years.

MINI __up_arrow.jpg38.5%

Mercedes __up_arrow.jpg3%

Mazda __up_arrow.jpg2.5%

Honda __up_arrow.jpg1.9%

All the rest were down

reasons...Mini..Clubman and trendy, Mercedes...new c series HEAVILY subveened lease, Mazda CUV's?....Honda, new Accord.........

reasons...Mini..Clubman and trendy, Mercedes...new c series HEAVILY subveened lease, Mazda CUV's?....Honda, new Accord.........

Accord sales were down last month.

As for the Mini, when ALL you sell is a low-volume compact, of course your sales are going to be up right now. If Ford's only model was the Focus and they only sold a couple thousand of them last year, their sales would be up around 100% this month.

Accord sales were down last month.

As for the Mini, when ALL you sell is a low-volume compact, of course your sales are going to be up right now. If Ford's only model was the Focus and they only sold a couple thousand of them last year, their sales would be up around 100% this month.

interesting enough 2008 focus sales in our store were WAY up!!!! reaction to $104 a barrel perhaps....

he should..its a work of shit...it is bad...stang owners are so darn arrogant and have the attitude of the south end of the preverbial north bound donkey they overllok shoddy products in the stang....it needs to be better in 2010...it has to be better....as it stands now it reminds me of an interior in my neigbors 1980 fairmont..its that shitty

First of all, I think you should be banned for language.

Secondly, you're all wet. I have a 05 Mustang GT. I love it....great car: fun to drive, no problems, looks great, it's pretty fast out of the box (mine's one of the few that's still stock it seems), the interior is nice (I personally don't like the stamped plastic door panels) mine is the standard cloth (gray) and it looks fine....it's not over done, basic, yet still very comfortable.

3rd, I don't know any new Mustang owners who are arrogant....it's a good "bang for the buck" muscle car, most of us know it's somewhat basic (no steering wheel radio controls, paddle shifters, manumatic shifter, etc.) but what is there is done right, and who needs all that other extraneous stuff anyway? You probably think anyone with an IQ over 80 is arrogant.

4th, I had a 90 Mustang that was based off the Fairmont.....no comparison on the interior! Get real!

Wow, this thread is all over the place. Lemme see:

The sales numbers are an ouch for Ford, shy of some winners (Focus, Edge). The Mustang is stale and badly needs a refresh which should be coming, so no news there. Interesting Toyota took a hit.

As far as some of the OT stuff, I'll bite:

People outside of CA bitch about CA fuel regs again. If it affects you directly, blame your state for adopting CA regs. Blame your elected officials, they did it to you, NOT CA. Ignorant talk about CA breaking off, having a disaster, etc is just well..ignorant. CA people generally have active lifestyles (though as a nation we are all getting fatter), and enjoy our national resources. We have the mountains, the ocean, and the desert, and the moderate weather to enjoy it all year-round, so we are probably a little more concerned about than anyone else because we live here. Don't like that? Don't come here. I live here specifically for the outdoors, but pretty much can't stand most of the people.

Liberals aren't the reason Detroit can't compete (I'm no liberal either), years of shoveling crappy product on the consumer (until recently) is.

If you use a cell phone when you are driving, you are distracted, and more likely to have an accident. It's just a matter of how much. Requiring hands-free comm is a great step for CA, and yeah a few other states will likely adopt it. If you think you are somehow mystically immune from the distraction, please refer to this study.

Bush is still an idiot.

Racism is still racism.

If you want to blame anyone for illegal immigration, blame your government.

I had a chance to spend a lot of time in a Mustang lately. I've been very hard on the Mustang's interior, but to be honest it has been growing on me. That being said, a Mazda interior is still light years ahead.

Now to throw in some of my own OT stuff: Americans get fatter.

Now I feel all warm and caught-up. :reading:

Hahah! That's hilarious! An American company with maybe one Hispanic employee outside Hermosillo sells a car designed in Europe and given Spanish name, and you somehow equate it with illegal immigration from Latin America in the US?

Well, racists and bigots aren't known for their feats of logic....

Sure is hard to have conversations with people when they have to throw in the Racist or Bigot card just because someone has concerns about immigration, culture, etc.?

By your flag every one else in the world must be 2 to 3 times the racist bigot because no country in the world that I know of even comes close to allowing the immigration that the US does. Legal and Illegal.

Peace and Blessings

Sure is hard to have conversations with people when they have to throw in the Racist or Bigot card just because someone has concerns about immigration, culture, etc.?

By your flag every one else in the world must be 2 to 3 times the racist bigot because no country in the world that I know of even comes close to allowing the immigration that the US does. Legal and Illegal.

Peace and Blessings

Ok, so your telling me you think its reasonable to dislike the name Fiesta because of concerns about immigration? And per capita, the US does not let in all that many legal immigrants.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Ok, so your telling me you think its reasonable to dislike the name Fiesta because of concerns about immigration? And per capita, the US does not let in all that many legal immigrants.

Well, I don't think it is that terribly difficult to see what Furious and many others are concerned with. And it is not racism or bigotry. A backlash against something that has gone way too far one way is not so simply defined as Racist or Bigotry with regard to Legal or Illegal immigration. Car names or having to hit #1 for English is just a bi product of frustration over things like the above.

I have no factual numbers on how many Legal immigrants the US lets in. But I am willing to say that there are probably Very Very Few to No other countries that take in more Legal immigrants than the US. And it is not because those other countries are Racist Bigots. It is because they want to maintain their own culture, costs, etc.

Further, there is probably Not One other country that lets in as many Illegal immigrants as the US does. Again, they are not Racist Bigots for not allowing this. They simply want law and order and to maintain what is theirs.

How much has Canada's population grown in the last 30 years? How much of it is Mexicans or Central or South Americans? Why is it so difficult to migrate from US to Canada and become a citizen?

Ca will be 51% Hispanic in maybe a decade. That flipped from a very low % to a majority in just 30 to 40 years. So will many other states.

Mn has so many Hmong and Somalis that it is getting to be a bit more than a burden. The Feds drop 60k Hmong in 2 years into MN. That is not integration and absorption. It causes huge problems because they do not absorb our culture but instead bring theirs here and that is a recipe for problems.

There are many other states going through the same thing.

Peace and Blessings

Well, I don't think it is that terribly difficult to see what Furious and many others are concerned with. And it is not racism or bigotry. A backlash against something that has gone way too far one way is not so simply defined as Racist or Bigotry with regard to Legal or Illegal immigration. Car names or having to hit #1 for English is just a bi product of frustration over things like the above.

I have no factual numbers on how many Legal immigrants the US lets in. But I am willing to say that there are probably Very Very Few to No other countries that take in more Legal immigrants than the US. And it is not because those other countries are Racist Bigots. It is because they want to maintain their own culture, costs, etc.

Further, there is probably Not One other country that lets in as many Illegal immigrants as the US does. Again, they are not Racist Bigots for not allowing this. They simply want law and order and to maintain what is theirs.

How much has Canada's population grown in the last 30 years? How much of it is Mexicans or Central or South Americans? Why is it so difficult to migrate from US to Canada and become a citizen?

Ca will be 51% Hispanic in maybe a decade. That flipped from a very low % to a majority in just 30 to 40 years. So will many other states.

Mn has so many Hmong and Somalis that it is getting to be a bit more than a burden. The Feds drop 60k Hmong in 2 years into MN. That is not integration and absorption. It causes huge problems because they do not absorb our culture but instead bring theirs here and that is a recipe for problems.

There are many other states going through the same thing.

Peace and Blessings

I think you are missing the point entirely. Its a name. There is nothing racist about it. To dislike it because it can be associated with one group can be seen as racist. Its not very hard. Also, there is no one to blame for immigration problems except for the US government.

USA:

Net migration rate:

Definition Field Listing

3.05 migrant(s)/1,000 population (2007 est.)

Total fertility rate:

Definition Field Listing Rank Order

2.09 children born/woman (2007 est.)

Life expectancy at birth:

total population: 78 years

male: 75.15 years

female: 80.97 years (2007 est.)

Canada:

Net migration rate:

Definition Field Listing

5.79 migrant(s)/1,000 population (2007 est.)

Total fertility rate:

1.61 children born/woman (2007 est.)

Life expectancy at birth:

total population: 80.34 years

male: 76.98 years

female: 83.86 years (2007 est.)

From the World Fact Book. Canada has been growing, at a different rate.

Edited by suv_guy_19