2008 Focus Sales Surge 36%

range

The funny thing is, even the sunshine pumpers boasting of higher sales than expected of this car have to take a tone when describing what it looks like that is basically "actually, it doesn't look too bad, since it seems to have been styled by a bunch of blind retards wearing plaid pants and polka dot shirts."

Well its better then its so fucking boring looking that it doesn't sell like the Ford 500

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the new Focus looks fine. In some colors, I do not care for the side vent. In others, it looks great. I really like the blue.

That said, every single one I have seen, has the vent. Thus, they are all high end models. This means better profitability for Ford.

I believe the "S" model is the only one that doesn't have the vent, and like you, the only one's I've seen have had the vent...either an SE or SES.

I also agree with you about the colors/vent combos.

You gotta love the Fusion's dummy buttons all over the dashboard ;)

The Malibu does have a remarkable attention to detail, even the dash box handle has a chrome bevel. I got to sit in my buddy's new Malibu and it rivals my Lincoln MKZ in overall design and refinement (if not features). It certainly obliterates the Fusion/Milan from every standpoint, but AWD is still mandatory IMO so I would not give the Malibu a look without that critical feature (I learned my lesson with the Milan loaner). I'm no longer sold on Fusion/Milan/MKZ quality so that's not a major factor from my perspective.

Edited by BORG

You gotta love the Fusion's dummy buttons all over the dashboard ;)

The Malibu does have a remarkable attention to detail, even the dash box handle has a chrome bevel. I got to sit in my buddy's new Malibu and it rivals my Lincoln MKZ in overall design and refinement (if not features). It certainly obliterates the Fusion/Milan from every every standpoint...

Thank you.

Thank you.

Don't forget I pointed out the absence of AWD which I consider to be a deal breaker ;)

In any case, I am very enthusiastic about the Malibu after a first-hand encounter, the Fusion and Milan can't even come close to what I saw, it's remarkable they are in the same category of vehicle. If you are looking for a V6 Fusion, there's no reason you should buy it over the Malibu unless you need AWD and Navigation (I don't believe Malibu has Navigation yet?). Otherwise you have to be a real penny pincher to justify the Fusion over the Malibu.

Edited by BORG

For many people the Malibu will look bland as well. They won't even get it a second glance.

It is a pretty sedate but sophisticated design. The Fusion has an expressive face but beyond that it's a fairly dull interchangeable package. It's a good design with nice proportions, but the coachwork of the car is glaringly cheap reletive to the Malibu/Accord/Camry etc. Sadly, this won't be addressed in 2010 since most of the body is carried over with it's soft creases, body panel gaps, and huge window filler strips.

Edited by BORG

It is a pretty sedate but sophisticated design. The Fusion has an expressive face but beyond that it's a fairly dull interchangeable package. It's a good design with nice proportions, but the coachwork of the car is glaringly cheap reletive to the Malibu/Accord/Camry etc. Sadly, this won't be addressed in 2010 since most of the body is carried over with it's soft creases, body panel gaps, and huge window filler strips.

Again, many people don't see it that way. Your looking for problems where they don't exist. The Malibu is nice but dull. The Fusion has very good fit and finish. Thats why it wins appeal and initial quality awards.

Again, many people don't see it that way. Your looking for problems where they don't exist. The Malibu is nice but dull. The Fusion has very good fit and finish. Thats why it wins appeal and initial quality awards.

I own an MKZ, I don't know what more I can do to provide genuine feedback. These are impression of cars I drive everyday!

Because statistically speaking, what happened to you is more significant than what happens to everyone else, right?

My feedback is anecdotal but you better believe I won't let stats rule out my experience.

And my impression of the Milan/Fusion is more positive because of the 'value' factor. The MKZ on the other hand has been one big disappointment that I paid too much to put up with

Edited by BORG

What you do not understand is that there is no "Europe" or "North America" under Ford's new product development regime.

The C2 Focus is being engineered in North America.

That's a half-truth. A team somewhere is going to style the vehicle. The Verve/Fiesta/Mondeo/Ka weren't styled by the guy wearing a polyester leisure suit in charge of this Focus.

It may be acceptable at it's present price point with folks clamoring to smaller cars, but Ford ain't building brand loyalty with this thing.

A team somewhere is going to style the vehicle. The Verve/Fiesta/Mondeo/Ka weren't styled by the guy wearing a polyester leisure suit in charge of this Focus.

Hmm. "A team" will style the new Focus, but the current Focus was styled by some "guy".

If I'm speaking half-truths, I'm surely not the only one.

BTW, Focus retail sales are up, so styling must not be as bad as you assert.... Falling sales in growing market (Aztek) = death by bad styling.

So...it's significant that your car has been flawless for 15K miles? Wow...who do I give the award to...:hysterical:

Uh huh. If someone had said their transmission had died within 15,000 you'd be all over it like white trash at a Britney Spears family reunion. But if someone had no problems, it's downplayed and treated as a joke. You are such a moron it's indescribable.