2008 Focus Sales Surge 36%

range

A straight-jacket might be more appropriate. Could you at least try and write something unrelated to your car? And use facts? Your negative flaming opinions and your car are no longer relevant.

It's the :cheerleader: that keep bringing them up. I only respond...I don't bring them up in threads where they don't belong. Talk to the :cheerleader: if you want it to stop.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?

Yes really.

And here is what MT had to say about the Fusion:

More obvious is the disappointing grade of the interior: the clunky texturing, the ancient green illumination of the dials at night, the style-less, rectangular shape of the sound-system cluster

And:

At the center stack's base, where the other three cars relegate occasional-use bins (sensible, given the location's eye-diverting distance from the road), the Fusion locates the ventilation controls. And ensuring your eyes will be kept from the road even longer, those controls are manipulated by nearly flush buttons.

But there is really no point in arguing, because words cannot describe how much better looking this is:

Chevrolet-Malibu_LTZ_2008_photo_05.jpg

Than this:

Ford-Fusion_2006_photo_2d.jpg

Yes really.

And:

But there is really no point in arguing, because words cannot describe how much better looking this is:

Than this:

P71,

That is your opinion...I personally like the interior of the Fusion much better than the "melted in the middle" Malibu look...and try showing the SEL interior to compare with the top line Malibu (LTZ?) interior....that Fusion shot is of the base S model.

Edited by twintornados

Yes really.

And:

Give me a break.

1321234359_37168dafce_b.jpg

Dash-md.jpg

And here's what C&D had to say about the Fusions interior:

This Ford's interior was a knockout, with joyful red-leather inserts in the seat cushions, matching red stitching, a jewel-like analog clock, and a leather-wrapped wheel. Forward sightlines were excellent. The trunk was as large as the Hyundai's.

Not to bad for Tupperware, eh? If only the Fusions interior was half as bad as some here try to make it out to be...

Edited by White99GT

Wow, that's great the current Focus is selling well. I still think it's quite ugly, but at least it's selling. No matter how you spin it, it's good news. I think the upcoming Flex is quite ugly as well, so maybe it will sell too. I said it before though, regardless of anyone's opinion, Ford needs sales right now.

For those of you that are comparing a SD's interior quality with BMW's, you can't be serious, or you've never driven a BMW. I'm not knocking the SD interior, either. I like it and to a degree the current F150 interior, but let's not get crazy.

P71,

That is your opinion...I personally like the interior of the Fusion much better than the "melted in the middle" Malibu look...and try showing the SEL interior to compare with the top line Malibu (LTZ?) interior....that Fusion shot is of the base S model.

Hey look, the Malibu has the controls at the bottom as well..... :stirpot:

Seems Canadian Focus sales are going downwards, could be lack of wagon and hatch variants.

Oct.2007 just over 1900 units

Nov.2007 just over 2000 units

Dec.2007 just over 1600 units

Jan.2008 just over 1400 units

Feb.2008 just over 1200 units

Where can find a breakdown of Canadian sales?

But yeah it seems Ford car sales in Canada have been declining for a while. While truck sales have gone up. Gp figure.

I thought for a split second that was the interior of an old SN95!

As for Focus I am seeing a lot of them around - without bar codes! :o

They are nice - good for Ford! The only thing I would do though if I were the target customer is remove that tacky faux chrome side vent if I purchased one.

They are nice - good for Ford! The only thing I would do though if I were the target customer is remove that tacky faux chrome side vent if I purchased one.

Strange thing is is nearly every Focus I've seen has that on it, its not that out of place on it.

I've see some really tacky aftermarket vents on a 350Z and even a Mercedes

Yes really.

And:

Than this:

OH NOOOOOO! He posted interior photos to try to prove his point!!!! :finger:

Might I suggest brain surgery to connect your two neurons together. It would certainly be beneficial to you being able to put together a coherent argument. You know, something other than "<insert Ford product here> SUX and here's a photo to prove it!" :shades:

BTW, your posting of a quote that criticizes the Fusion in no way discounts my quote about the Malibu. I thought I might mention that in case you didn't quite get it.

Edited by TomServo92

You are trying to use logic on "Everything Ford does, says, is going to do, or plans to say, SUCKS.......... and everyone else is doing the same thing much better" man.

Hey, if we all start telling him how great the _________ is, then eventually he will start to say how bad it is, and how stupid it is of Ford to make it.

All I can say, is things must be pretty depressing in his house.

Anyone who shows a picture of a top of the line interior.............. against a picture of a bottom of the line interior................ as proof of how bad the bottom one is................ is an idiot.

You are trying to use logic on "Everything Ford does, says, is going to do, or plans to say, SUCKS.......... and everyone else is doing the same thing much better" man.

Hey, if we all start telling him how great the _________ is, then eventually he will start to say how bad it is, and how stupid it is of Ford to make it.

All I can say, is things must be pretty depressing in his house.

Anyone who shows a picture of a top of the line interior.............. against a picture of a bottom of the line interior................ as proof of how bad the bottom one is................ is an idiot.

And that, as they say, is that.

Strange thing is is nearly every Focus I've seen has that on it, its not that out of place on it.

I've see some really tacky aftermarket vents on a 350Z and even a Mercedes

I guess it is just personal preference. I like side vents if they don't look tacked on. Sort of like non-functinal hood scoops - why bother?

Doesn't matter. As long as Ford sells a buttload of these all is well. :shades:

I thought for a split second that was the interior of an old SN95!

As for Focus I am seeing a lot of them around - without bar codes! :o

I see a lot of new Focii around as well. I was next to one last night and today, they don't look that bad, IMO. One thing that does bother me though, and I know it's been mentioned before, is the empty look of the trunk and the way the taillights seem to just stop when they should continue onto the trunk lid.

The funny thing is, even the sunshine pumpers boasting of higher sales than expected of this car have to take a tone when describing what it looks like that is basically "actually, it doesn't look too bad, since it seems to have been styled by a bunch of blind retards wearing plaid pants and polka dot shirts."

Put Europe in charge of small cars, people!

Why...the Fusion looks the same (cheap and crappy) no matter what interior it has.

....... said the owner of a CV. Give me a break! You apparently haven't come anywhere close to a Malibu interior other than pictures. There is nothing about it that screams what you like to ramble on around here about. What about seat backs covered in hard scratch prone plastic appear not cheap and crappy? Better yet door panels made of flimsy materials? Does GM's brick radio scream high quality? The lack of a navigation system and bluetooth scream upscale? The only thing about that interior that is an improvement over the Fusion's is the gauge cluster.

Oh and when you are called out on it you come up with a lame excuse of some sort that only you can justify. You're amusing

Edited by Michael Reynolds

That's called exercising restraint. Otherwise it would look as horrid as the tail end of the MKFusion...or Milan.

Whatever.....I happen to like the MKZ and Milan rear ends, except for the undersized exhaust pipes.

Edited by rmc523

I think the new Focus looks fine. In some colors, I do not care for the side vent. In others, it looks great. I really like the blue.

That said, every single one I have seen, has the vent. Thus, they are all high end models. This means better profitability for Ford.