SHOCKER HEADLINE: Toyota Beaten by Ford in U.S. New Auto Sales in February

range

CAN WE PLEASE STAY THE FUCK ON TOPIC!?!!?!??!?!??

I AM TIRED OF THIS ENDLESS D3/Panthers PISSING FIGHT !!!

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE SINGLE THREAD THAT ACTUALLY REMAINS CLOSE TO ITS TOPIC!?!?!?

PLEASE!!!!

Igor

Edited by igor

PLEASE!!!!

Igor

So, do you think the D3's are better or worse than the Panthers? :ohsnap:

So, do you think the D3's are better or worse than the Panthers? :ohsnap:

They are both failures - both caused by Ford dumbness - unfortunately for the Panthers, there is absolutely NO way to fix their problem.

The D3's will be resurrected shortly, with the 2010 Taurus, 2011 Sable, 2009 MKS, 2009 Flex, 2010 MKT, and 2010 Explorer - like CD3 the D3 will shine in the sales charts thanks to product that will finally let this excellent platform shine in its full glory. CD3 is coming close to 500,000 units sold a year (with 6 models), and will break that barrier this year. D3 will most likely outsell the CD3 once its worthy product is actually on sale (again 6 models).

The Panthers are doomed by the single factor that makes them attractive to their little niche: BOF construction. Ford did extensive research, and there is no way to make Panthers handle well enough for the retail market to give any hint of a damn. The only way to make them attractive is to build them on a unitobdy RWD platform and that is coming - but that is no "new Panther." Panther IS BOF RWD car - that concept is dead - the market rejected it. Ford is moving on to a modern RWD platform.

OH and unlike Panthers, I believe the D3's are actually good cars (see my review of the Taurus X), but obviously the market disagrees, and at the end of the day that is ALL that matters in this world.

Igor

Edited by igor

PLEASE!!!!

Igor

LMAO !!!!

Glad to see that I am not the only one who thinks this.

I swear to god that a Mustang interior upgrade post would turn into another :redcard: pissing match.

A little bit of moderation would go a long way in this place...all that happens to nearly every thread is the following:

D3 vs Panther threads

FoE vs FNA products with FNA products "suck"

Mustang Interior is "cheap"

Ford Needs Diesel engine in a car

Half cocked info on J/LR from Tstag

and the list goes on...

A little bit of moderation would go a long way in this place...all that happens to nearly every thread is the following:

D3 vs Panther threads

and the list goes on...

Topic: the day Toyota surpassed Ford, F stock lost 10% of its value. Today: -1%. Really fantastic.

OT: what is it with this site? The GM site seems to have a very organized forum.

Topic: the day Toyota surpassed Ford, F stock lost 10% of its value. Today: -1%. Really fantastic.

OT: what is it with this site? The GM site seems to have a very organized forum.

Well, markets are very much emotionally driven. What is seen as good news by some may not be seen as good by others...or it's just not good ENOUGH. In the end, market share itself isn't what matters. It's how much money you can make with your share of the market. When Ford makes significant profits again, Ford stock will rise significantly. Until then, it's going to remain very much in a holding pattern within a few dollar range per share.

D3 vs Panther threads

and the list goes on...

LMAO...don't forget all dealers suck, are crooks, I know how to buy a car, and run their business, and my engine seized at 1,000,000 miles and Fords not helping....oh and then theres always the Tommy take..."go F$%^K, yourself and SUCK ,D(*&^)..........

Edited by Deanh

That's two trends...

And how's that second one working for the Corolla and Prius as opposed to the Land Cruiser and Tundra/Sequoia?

seeing how the Prius phenomenon seemed to have already peaked... probably not all that well. especially when new ones don't come with those cute little 'Carpool Lane OK' stickers anymore.

I think the Land Cruiser err FJ was bound to be a niche vehicle from the start. and like any other niche/fad vehicle the newness has already worn off. not to mention it's hugeness cannot be easily disguised by making it in bright yellow or blue. I think normal people consider it for about 1/2 a second, then go oh it gets 18MPG in 2WD? and gas is $3.59 a gallon here in CA with no end in sight? OK nevermind I'll take that Highlander.

at least they have a new Sequoia and the ginormous T150 (Tundra)... hee hee. I like how only Ford and GM get lambasted for continuing to still build large SUVs, even though Toyota seems to exceed them in size while boasting about MPG from at the marketing and executive levels (those annoying ads and people at the top bragging how early they'll beat aggressive new CA fuel mileage standards) but at the same time legacy vehicles like the Explorer that the press hates are going decidely in another direction. seems like it's just time for more PR. and little kids in ads

PLEASE!!!!

Igor

No, it's not possible, unfortunately.....I agree with you, I too am tired of it.

PLEASE!!!!

Igor

Agreed. FORD has abandoned the platform, with good reason. There is no longer anything to see there, so please move on.

BOT: No matter how many times it's posted, it's great news for Ford. When was the last time anyone even thought it was possible? Very good stuff.

PLEASE!!!!

Igor

I agree, sign me up for the Igor fan club!!!!!!!