Ford Displays Crashed Taurus At NY

ANTAUS

Hey, I'd love to take a look at a crashed Taurus, I'm use to seeing Volvos with that type of display but a close look at the innards of a Ford crash victim would be interesting.

As for no new vehicles, it is surprising that not even the MKZ is being shown in New York, but I know there is a Job 1 delay so they may have delayed their marketing plans a bit.

Edited by BORG

I think the Taurus actually looks better crashed :shades: ...... just kidding.

The crash performance of the Taurus is truly phenomenal, Kudos to the engineers. This car will save many lives, and the Engineers should be very proud of that.

It's really ashame that such a terrific car, is concealed in such an unappealing shell.

I think this crashed car display is a terrific idea. Albeit an idea that was taken straight from the marketing 101 text book, Focus on the products strengths (safety), and not the products weaknesses (styling). Why did it take so long for the Ford marketing team to come up with this?

From the very beginning of the 500, I've been critical of the bland styling and lack of power. Ford addressed the power issue with the introduction of the 3.5, and finally the car had the power that it should've launched with. Unfortunately for Ford, the added power of the 3.5 and the "3 bar grill" styling update, still didn't help the Taurus stand out in a very crowded marketplace.

Ford should definitely build on this "safety driven" marketing campaign. Does anyone know if they show 35mph crash pictures of the competition in the display? They should.

Maybe Ford should display 35MPH crash pictures of that cheap Chinese SUV, I don't recall the make, the one that crumpled up like an accordion in crash tests. The Taurus crash photos would be very impressive when compared to that Chinese P.O.S.

Edited by mrballsonya

Great idea for a display! Kudos to Ford here.

My only issue is that most of the folks at an auto show, already know about this car and it's safety qualities.

Now, does this mean that Ford is now going to properly advertise this car to the rest of the non-auto show going public? I hope so.

Maybe they'll get some time on the NYC evening news with this display.

PS. They aught to show a CV that's been rear ended @ 70mph!

Edited by Hemiman

This seems like a very effective display, especially allowing customers to stand inside the vehicle and see the lack of damage inside. Great job

WKA2008031956394_pv.jpg

WKA2008031825032_pv.jpg

I wonder if the Chinese are going to copy Ford's idea?

brill_crash01.jpg

Edited by range

Maybe Ford should display 35MPH crash pictures of that cheap Chinese SUV, I don't recall the make, the one that crumpled up like an accordion in crash tests. The Taurus crash photos would be very impressive when compared to that Chinese P.O.S.

And what, just not write the make of the Chinese vehicle? What'd be the point of showing a Chinese vehicle, when they aren't on sale here yet?

Great idea for a display! Kudos to Ford here.

My only issue is that most of the folks at an auto show, already know about this car and it's safety qualities.

Now, does this mean that Ford is now going to properly advertise this car to the rest of the non-auto show going public? I hope so.

Maybe they'll get some time on the NYC evening news with this display.

PS. They aught to show a CV that's been rear ended @ 70mph!

Try getting rear ended at 70 mph in your car and see how well you fare. Remember to include pictures.

brill_crash01.jpg
Try getting rear ended at 70 mph in your car and see how well you fare. Remember to include pictures.

Having lived thru a front end collision worse than this,, a broken back and crushed feet, because the L.F. tire wanted to sit in my Lap..... I feel now I don't need any safety eq. I've beaten the odds.

Seriously, I just read an article where... like everything else. all models are relatively comparable. But Ford's safty cage looked better. Their just wasn't something new to show at the auto show. Now I'm giving just the US automakers this for free,,,, set up a sideshow, like at the summer county fair carnivals, where you bring out all the failed concepts and then show the newest model like an MKR or MKT or (for GM, the Aztek and place a wax model of this next to LUTZ)giorgio_armani_12310701-thumb.jpg