Offical F-150 HP Ratings?

silvrsvt

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works for the majority of people on this board.

Yea I don't get it, I'm sick of hearing the shit talking and hearing people complain about how under-powered their F-150's are, this will all be solved in 2010 with the Boss, for some reason many people here like Ford being in last place in powertrains. What will they do when the Boss comes out? Kill themselves? :hysterical:

Yea I don't get it, I'm sick of hearing the shit talking and hearing people complain about how under-powered their F-150's are, this will all be solved in 2010 with the Boss, for some reason many people here like Ford being in last place in powertrains. What will they do when the Boss comes out? Kill themselves? :hysterical:

Well, they don't call it 'blind cheerleading' for nothing.

If they want to know the power output, just look at last years and add AT MOST 5%.

and FWIW, I don't think the BOSS V8, or whatever they are calling it, will see the light of day. Not with gas prices the way they are. Ford will probably use that EcoForce...or...Twin Boost nonsense in the Eff-One-Fiddy.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Maybe the majority of us, who actually own and use trucks, know that horsepower isn't all that a truck is about.

I'm not a 19-year-old boy, who gets a woody when I spin a tire. I want a truck that is strong, comfortable, and capable. I want it to be reliable, and be able to take whatever I throw at it. I'm not planning to drag race, with my car trailer attached. I have no plans to take it to Bondarant.

However, with a Ford truck, I know that I won't be one of those Chevy trucks that I drive behind and laugh at (you know, the ones that are "dog tracking"). I won't be one of the Dodge boys, who loads it up too much, and bends the frame. I won't be a new Tundra owner with a tailgate that looks like I dropped a wrecking ball on it. I know that I will be driving a truck that has more capability, in 1/2 ton form, than my '69 Crewcab 4x4 F250 has............ by far. Overkill for me.............. maybe. Just enough for others............... you bet.

Now, coming from me, this is saying something, as I am a bonafied Motorhead. More power........... oh oh oh (think of Tim the Toolman Taylor). I am, however, old enough to realize that hp is not the do-all-end-all of truckdom. If/when Ford offers the big hp.............. woo hoo. Will it change how I view Ford trucks.............. not at all. I have a feeling that most REAL truck buyers (you know, not those who buy them to have a cool, gas guzzling, tire squeeling accessory............. as an extension of their, obviously insignificant, manhood), agree with me.

Maybe the majority of us, who actually own and use trucks, know that horsepower isn't all that a truck is about.

I'm not a 19-year-old boy, who gets a woody when I spin a tire. I want a truck that is strong, comfortable, and capable. I want it to be reliable, and be able to take whatever I throw at it. I'm not planning to drag race, with my car trailer attached. I have no plans to take it to Bondarant.

However, with a Ford truck, I know that I won't be one of those Chevy trucks that I drive behind and laugh at (you know, the ones that are "dog tracking"). I won't be one of the Dodge boys, who loads it up too much, and bends the frame. I won't be a new Tundra owner with a tailgate that looks like I dropped a wrecking ball on it. I know that I will be driving a truck that has more capability, in 1/2 ton form, than my '69 Crewcab 4x4 F250 has............ by far. Overkill for me.............. maybe. Just enough for others............... you bet.

Now, coming from me, this is saying something, as I am a bonafied Motorhead. More power........... oh oh oh (think of Tim the Toolman Taylor). I am, however, old enough to realize that hp is not the do-all-end-all of truckdom. If/when Ford offers the big hp.............. woo hoo. Will it change how I view Ford trucks.............. not at all. I have a feeling that most REAL truck buyers (you know, not those who buy them to have a cool, gas guzzling, tire squeeling accessory............. as an extension of their, obviously insignificant, manhood), agree with me.

Very well said!! I agree 100%...and I use my truck as a truck: to tow ~6000 lbs worth of travel trailer.

Edited by fordmantpw

Sums it up pretty well.

Who wants to wager than even after the Boss comes out, the 5.4 (if it's still offered) will still end up making up the bulk of sales volume? The Boss engine will accomplish nothing but to shut up the complainers and offer up a few bragging rights. In the end, it probably won't accomplish much else.

Blind cheerleading or having a clue to what you are talking about.

If anyone is familiar with the current F-150, you would know that first off most of the competition is within spitting distance from a horsepower standpoint. From my understanding the 5.4 Triton is not tuned aggressively probably due to fuel economy.

Torque, you know the stuff for people who actually use trucks pay close attention to, is very class competitive.

This isn't a car folks, just because you don't see high HP figures doesn't mean jack. Furthermore, if you were familiar with the current gen F-150 you would know all to well that the 4 speed is the main culprit here. All this 'I'm tired of Ford being behind' crap really doesn't make sense, especially when you look at the vehicle up close and in detail.

Blind cheerleading or having a clue to what you are talking about.

If anyone is familiar with the current F-150, you would know that first off most of the competition is within spitting distance from a horsepower standpoint. From my understanding the 5.4 Triton is not tuned aggressively probably due to fuel economy.

Torque, you know the stuff for people who actually use trucks pay close attention to, is very class competitive.

This isn't a car folks, just because you don't see high HP figures doesn't mean jack. Furthermore, if you were familiar with the current gen F-150 you would know all to well that the 4 speed is the main culprit here. All this 'I'm tired of Ford being behind' crap really doesn't make sense, especially when you look at the vehicle up close and in detail.

Funny, GM, Dodge, Nissan, and Toyota all offer Hp, Tq, and a truck that can get out of it's own way. GM even does it with pushrods and a 4-speed.

It is called staying competitive. And Ford is behind.

Funny, GM, Dodge, Nissan, and Toyota all offer Hp, Tq, and a truck that can get out of it's own way. GM even does it with pushrods and a 4-speed.

Funny how close the Ford and GM numbers are when it comes to acceleration and hp when you compare the 5.3 and 5.4. The 5.3 also has pathetic torque numbers.

Shhhh, you don't want to ruin their "I have more horsepower than you do" fantasy.

You know which truck engine is my favorite??? The 6.8 V-10. While it certainly isn't a horsepower monster, especially considering its size................. it makes huge torque. It is truly Fords best kept secret, and blows the 6.0, or 6.2L Chevy "truck" engines out of the water in towing and economy (all of GM's engines are designed for high horsepower, and marginal torque............ I don't care what the peak torque says. Talk to people who actually tow with them). All while maintaining respectable fuel economy.

Truck of my dreams: 2005-2007 V-10 F250 4x4 Crewcab Lariat Shortbed, with Tow Command. Oh oh oh oh.

You know which truck engine is my favorite??? The 6.8 V-10. While it certainly isn't a horsepower monster, especially considering its size................. it makes huge torque. It is truly Fords best kept secret, and blows the 6.0, or 6.2L Chevy "truck" engines out of the water in towing and economy (all of GM's engines are designed for high horsepower, and marginal torque............ I don't care what the peak torque says. Talk to people who actually tow with them). All while maintaining respectable fuel economy.

I had Uhaul Ford E-something 25ft truck or another with a V10 in it and I think it had somewhere in the 80-100K mark in mileage on it when I picked it up for work for a trip from NJ to NC. The guy at the place I was renting said it would never make it out of the state...but it did and it had decent pickup for something that big. It ate gas, but I drove it like my Mustang down I95 and it has the aerodynamics of a brick so doing 70-75 MPH will do that to you...

Funny because the Silverado is about comparible when it comes to straightline performance, all of that and the F-150 is a pig! Everything else out there comes with a 5 or 6 speed auto. You don't even know what specs Ford will end up releasing, nor how it will perform. As is F-150s with a performance tune have the ability to keep up with the Hemi, and do so without any long term engine damage.

I love your one dimensional arguments. They only further prove that you haven't a clue

Maybe you shouldn't pretend you speak for the majority, or that just because people want Ford to replace the heavy, under-powered, fuel guzzling mod with something bigger and far superior that they just want more horsepower bragging rights.

You see, when you use a larger engine, in this case the 6.2L Boss, you get a large increase in torque, especially down low where it counts in a truck, looks like you do NOT know what a truck is all about. It would be one thing if trucks these days hadn't become so heavy, but they have, and to offset that weight increase you need more power.

That's clear, you're a bitter old man hating lady which comes across in all your insulting posts.

Strong and capable means when I'm towing up the Grapevine in 110 degree heat that my truck can actually make it without a sweat, the only person bringing up red herrings like racing is you, get off it already. The Boss iscoming and there is nothing you can do to stop it, nobody will force you to buy it, you can always buy a 4 cylinder Ranger to tow with if you don't want people to think you're just a "boy racer"..

But you will be stuck in the truck lane up passes, going 20 mph behind some black soot belching semi, capability means more than you like to think it does.

You don't know what you're talking proven by how the only thing you can think of when talking about a larger more powerful engine is horsepower, instead of torque.

People that are obsessed with comparing vehicles to sex organs need mental help, maybe you are the one with some sort of (insignificance) problem.. :finger:

Let's not forget that Ford already offers the most powerful engine in a 1/2 ton pickup in the country in the form of the S/C 5.4 Harley Davidson F-150. :shades:

Problem is you can only get that engine in the expensive HD that isn't exactly a work truck..

I want that engine is a base regular cab.. Oops, that might upset the BON mediocre geeks..

Problem is you can only get that engine in the expensive HD that isn't exactly a work truck..

I want that engine is a base regular cab.. Oops, that might upset the BON mediocre geeks..

Well, the NA 5.4 seems to work just fine for the thousands of F-150 owners who use them for work trucks every day. The only people who seem to give a damn about the lack of power are magazine editors and negatards. For the magazine editors and negatards that need a fast 1/2 ton pickup (for what reason I really don't know) then you can buy the Harley Davidson F-150 and win any drag test against any competitor's 1/2 ton offering. The truck performs as advertised and, apparently, that is plenty to keep people buying it often enough to keep it the best-selling 1/2 ton on the market.

That's clear, you're a bitter old man hating lady which comes across in all your insulting posts.

You sure are in a bitchy mood. Is your prostate bothering you? Considering the simian behavior of the negatards, the lady has been rather reasonable, and didn't deserve your irascible twerpage.

Play nice, please.

Well, the NA 5.4 seems to work just fine for the thousands of F-150 owners who use them for work trucks every day. The only people who seem to give a damn about the lack of power are magazine editors and negatards. For the magazine editors and negatards that need a fast 1/2 ton pickup (for what reason I really don't know) then you can buy the Harley Davidson F-150 and win any drag test against any competitor's 1/2 ton offering. The truck performs as advertised and, apparently, that is plenty to keep people buying it often enough to keep it the best-selling 1/2 ton on the market.

I personally can't understand the fascination with having the biggest engine out there. For some people these vehicles are used as work trucks, but I would estimate that most people don't use their trucks as trucks. I live in a city, so maybe its just where I live, but most F-Series I see have nothing in the bed. Probably 90% that I see have absolutely nothing in the bed, and are used as commuter vehicles to and from work/school, etc. I am guilty of this myself -- the only thing in the bed of my F-150 is two old tires for extra weight for winter.

I have the 4.9L in mine, and I have to say, it is the smoothest engine I have seen in a truck, and its 150hp is more than enough for anything I can throw at it, although I do wish it had more than a four speed.