Offical F-150 HP Ratings?

silvrsvt

Yeah...300hp/365tq and it drinks as much fuel as the 381hp/401tq V8 from Toyota, the 345hp/375tq V8 from Dodge, the 317hp/385tq V8 from Nissan, and drinks MORE fuel than the 367hp/375tq V8 from GM.

Three words for you:

Four Speed Automatic.

Not to mention the weight, but hey, that's what you get for building the most-capable 1/2 ton on the market.

Fuel economy increases across the board with the 2009, even with added power.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, people like you don't get it, I know several people who bought Dodge's with Hemi's since Ford didn't offer anything with adequate power.

Why whenever somebody asks for competitive power from ford do you people bring up drag racing? Enough with the nonsense already..

I don't want to have to buy a 50k truck to get adequate power, and then the Harley is too pretty to use as a real truck, the thing is a cruiser..

And how many people do you know who bought an F-150 instead of a Dodge just because they knew it was a better all-around truck? I know several. The number of sales Ford likely loses because it is not the fastest truck is marginal. As I said before -- who wants to wager that the 5.4 3V is still the highest volume engine in the F-150 lineup even after the Boss V8 is available (assuming it is still offered)?

There's nothing "inadequate" about the 5.4 3V's power at all. It's just not going to win you drag races. Other than that, it is FULLY capable of motivating the F-150, even with a few passengers its bed full with the highest payload capacity in its class.

tsk tsk. You left off

HIGHEST TOWING

MOST PAYLOAD

No, your wrong...again.

1. I mentioned the payload. GO back and read.

2. The MAX towing in this comparo was accomplished by the Chevy...at 10,500. And it still had 4-doors which, unlike the Ford, doesn't hurt your tow rating.

Good to see your back at the helm of the Fail Boat!

I thought it had the best brakes?

Nope. In this comparo it had the worst. It took the F-150 200 feet to stop 70-0. The best was by the Chevy at 187 feet. Test average was 196 feet.

it does, when its loaded...just to show how flawed his list is

Yeah...my list is flawed. Tell me, do people in your neighborhood carry an extra 1400 pounds with them just so they can stop better?

Nope. In this comparo it had the worst. It took the F-150 200 feet to stop 70-0. The best was by the Chevy at 187 feet. Test average was 196 feet.

Yeah...my list is flawed. Tell me, do people in your neighborhood carry an extra 1400 pounds with them just so they can stop better?

No but when it is loaded, you know like when you doing work instead of using your truck as an extention of your penis, it wil stop faster then any other truck on the market.

Ford hasn't even released final specs of the new F-150 so I don't quite understand how those of you that know so much can sit back and criticize.

I'm sorry but when it comes to real world performance these trucks are some of the best in the industry. I don't care if it is one of the slowest around, these things simply aren't meant to be stop-light race. They tow, haul a handle off road conditions damn well. That's what those that can afford to fill a 27 gallon tank @ 3.50 a gallon care about, because they are going to be the only ones that find purpose in a vehicle of this size and nature.

How is it that Ford is not striving to improve products? Give me one example when it comes to these trucks that comes off as subpar?

Bottom line it is apparent that most of you are content with couch racing a vehicle that you have not had a considerable of seat time in, nor used for its intended purpose. It is obvious for those that use these vehicles on a regular basis that the 4 speed auto has been the holdback for this powertrain. Offering the 6 speed has one up'd all but one contender, yet that makes Ford behind the curve?

I am going to order my F-150 when the order bank opens because I am one who actually uses my truck for work although I don't use it much but from time to time I will have to. I don't care how much tire burning horespower a truck has, I look at the ride, handling, and features the truck has and the F-150 is by far the best in those categories especially in the frame. So for all of you griping and moaning about how the F-150 should have 400 hp like the dodge and Turd then go out and buy one and race some mustangs at the drag strip. :reading:

Edited by FordDan74012

Part of the problem is with trucks, especially these days in advertising bigger is a selling point, and big power is a positive, and the F-150 with the smaller, much less powerful engines gets the worst mileage in the class I believe. so somethig needs to be done.

It has been done with a new 6 speed auto that is geared to give better acceleration and better gas mileage. Add in a little more hp and torque and it's plenty fast enough for any job.

Damn straight and the just proves that most buyers out there don't care which truck has the most powerful engine. The will buy the best pickup out there in terms of its capability and it's hard to doubt a truck frame by Ford because that is the benchmark for the 1/2 ton segment and in the 3/4 ton segment a well.

Are you blind or just playing stupid? She went off the hook and hurled all sorts of insults at me totally un-provoked, did you even read her post? Obviously not.

And she has a nasty track record of doing so to people, as usual on BON, you post your opinion about a Ford vehicle, and the a-holes personally attack you, and then when you respond, you get attacked again by the groupies.

The only people that are in a bitchy mood is clearly the so-called cheerleaders who go off on anybody here who doesn't show absolute allegiance to Ford.

Unreal... :rolleyes:

LMAO.................. insults coming from you, have to be a compliment. :D

You really don't get it, do you? For a long time, I really didn't post here, due to all the negatoids, and how every post turned into a pissing match of "Ford sucks," vs "Ford is putting out some pretty good stuff." Finally, I just got tired of it, and decided to throw it right back at them (you know, you negatoids). I just like to wait until someone really goes off the deep end, in being stupid negative.............. then I post. If you don't like it, oh well. I don't like reading all of the extreme negative.............. no basis in reality or the real world............ BS. To take a swipe at some of the "holier than thou, my opinion is fact, and the only real fact that will ever exist in the universe," makes me laugh. You guys really are good fun.

I will tell you one thing............. I never talk from anything other than personal experience. Its funny what owning, and working at, your own auto repair and towing business................ for 9 years............... will teach you. But, I guess you are right.............. I don't have a clue what torque is. Thats why I made my post about the 6.8L V-10 being my favorite Ford truck engine. You and P are the ones with this hard-on about hp numbers on paper. So, please show me, short of after my posts, where you talked about anything other than hp numbers on paper.

As for the truck with the worst fuel economy, that is easy. It would be the Dodge with the Hemi. Read on real truck sites, where people actually drive real trucks (you know, not magazine racing), and you would know that the Hemi is the only small block truck engine that likes to pretend it is a big block (well, in fuel economy anyway).

Of course those of us who like the F150 use the word "racing" when describing what you don't do with a real truck. After all, we are not the ones who are always talking about the fastest truck.............. with the most hp. You want to know what the highest, or (now), close to the highest horsepower ratings brings to mind with me............... the 18-year-old "boy" in his "Hemi" trying to drag race me, in my Tribute, with my son in the back. It brings to mind every time I hear someone squeeling their tires around a corner (so impressive, I might add), and turn to look............... to see a Dodge half ton. How many of those "powerful" Dodge half ton trucks do you think I see, towing anything? Next to none. If this is what big hp numbers on a piece of paper gets you........... then I don't see the need. BTW, I see F150's towing all the time, and alot of that time, way more than they are rated for. As a matter of fact, they are the only half ton trucks that I see towing much of anything. Anecdotal evidence............ of course, and I realize that. I guess I just don't understand this obsession with hp numbers on a piece of paper. Any idiot can tune an engine to have high peak numbers.............. the true art, is the area under the curve.

Oh well, I am just happy to know that I yanked your chain pretty good................ and it wasn't even aimed at only you. Guess this ol girl did good. LOL :happy feet:

Oh, Furious............... don't try to confuse the thread with anything like facts. Some here are too busy playing "my magazine is faster than your magazine."

Edited by Extreme4x4

No, more like you posted a bunch of half-baked ideas. Which we all expect from you by now.

Where have I posted anything like that in this thread?

Well wait a second I thought the F-150 was behind.

No...for the THIRD time now, in this thread...the F-150 had the HIGHEST payload rating, beating the Chevy by 21 pounds!