2012 F-150 speculation

silvrsvt

Second thought. This vehicle can not be built. The front over hang is way too big. It would add weight to the vehicle. The big wheels would cost $1500.00 each and get very bad fuel economy. If you fixed both problems it would look like a dog with fleas.

the shmuck that rendered that completely ripped off the 2005 Ram Maxxcab concept.

Just what Ford will do... style the segment leader after a 7 year old Dodge concept truck.

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/naias/maxx.html

Cab forward design is dead. Your Maxxcab uses cab forward, so that thing is entirely dated or dead already. Maybe at best they are using it as a vehicle to carry some other ideas for consumer group feedback.

Article also says that they shorted the bed like Ford and GM. So they copied FoMoCo and GM, who's copying them? I think not!

i think that the 2012 or 2015 f-150 will be front wheel drive so that ford can get the 35mpg standard. i think all cars will be fwd in the future. or they might be just a single wheel drive ie.. only the front left wheel has power to it.

Maybe, look at the Flex...something like that? EEEEEWWWW!!!!!

Nice car, not so much nice truck!

i think that the 2012 or 2015 f-150 will be front wheel drive so that ford can get the 35mpg standard. i think all cars will be fwd in the future. or they might be just a single wheel drive ie.. only the front left wheel has power to it.

I don' think so. There would be no reason to redo the mustang and introduce a new rwd car if rwd would be gone by 2012-2015. Also a FWD truck is not a truck at all.

PS I was under the impression that it was a fleet wide 35mpg average and not a 35mpg requirement for each vehicle? Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by ray101988

Your confusing Ford with Tata.

PS I was under the impression that it was a fleet wide 35mpg average and not a 35mpg requirement for each vehicle? Can anyone confirm this?

AFAIK its fleetwide and also done on the old measurement for MPG by the EPA...so its only 26 MPG or so

• 2 weeks later...

i think ford may come up with a new option for the drive wheels. There have been fwd, rwd,awd.

I think ford may do something I like to call DiagDrive. That is were lets say the front drivers side wheel gets power and the rear passenger side tire gets power only. This can be done thanks to electric motors on the wheels. We can then elimante the drive shafts entirely. :titanic: :titanic: :bowdown:

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/future/ford/12f150.html

I like styling, sans the upkick on the rear windows...

IMO, the headlights don't work with the grille. I aslo don't like the taillights or where they put the Ford emblem on the tailgate.

It'd be cool if Ford offered a power tonneau cover like they mentioned. Also a power tailgate. Okay, maybe the second option is more gimmicky, but I'd still like to see one.