2008 Focus an "out of the park" hit

twintornados

I think they should stop being greedy and have ABS standard like the competition.

And $300.00 for randomly placed LEDs is just stealing.

In 2006, Ford came out with Fusion....ABS optional, I went shopping for my car...a 2006 Fusion.....got mine with ABS....price? Same as other comparably outfitted cars with ABS standard.....why Ford made it optional for 2006 then standard for '07 is anyones guess (quite possibly to have a "price point" that was lower than others in that range)....how much ya wanna bet Ford will make ABS standard on Focus for 2009? Hmmm?? Waddaya say P71....maybe Ford will also refresh your beloved :redcard: soon as well......

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do, when they are sold to fleets...and they still make a killing on them. :hysterical:

Try again!

Panthers sold to fleets go for $14,000 under MSRP? Wow. That makes them an even more useless vehicle to Ford's future.

And I'm still waiting for someone to tell us how much the Panthers make per sale. Nobody has seen any numbers for at least 5 years on this matter. I still assert that they probably don't make shit for profit anymore.

Panthers sold to fleets go for $14,000 under MSRP? Wow. That makes them an even more useless vehicle to Ford's future.

HA!!! You don't even know what you typed.

You said they should "drop the prices on the Panthers by about $14K." You didn't say they should drop them TO $14K.

And with the Panthers, it's not stealing. Ford sells a car that can be severly beat on every day of it's life and still last 200K, 300K, 400K, etc...

But yeah...kill the platform that actually makes money...retard.gif

And I'm still waiting for someone to tell us how much the Panthers make per sale. Nobody has seen any numbers for at least 5 years on this matter. I still assert that they probably don't make shit for profit anymore.

I told you how much they make them for...and I got my info from numerous people that work at the damn factory. Thats as close as you're going to get. You CHOOSE not to believe it because it blows your assertion right out of the water.

HA!!! You don't even know what you typed.

You said they should "drop the prices on the Panthers by about $14K." You didn't say they should drop them TO $14K.

Um. Re-read what I wrote, noob.

Here are both quotes:

"Panthers sold to fleets go for $14,000 under MSRP?"

"I guess Ford should drop the prices on Panthers by about $14,000 too then"

Which one of those states that Ford should sell them for $14,000?

Heck. $14,000 off MSRP on a stripper Crown Vic would put it under $14,000 list price though. :lol:

Orrrrrrrr maybe the new Ford is offering what consumers want. How's that for a change?

O.K. - gotta ask on this one why is it when Ford offers some new gadget it's "offering what consumers want" but when other companies offer new innovations it's labeled either "un-needed" or "an answer to a question nobody asked?" :redcard:

As for Focus this is great news although I do agree that gas prices and the economy are driving the sales of small cars at the moment.

O.K. - gotta ask on this one why is it when Ford offers some new gadget it's "offering what consumers want" but when other companies offer new innovations it's labeled either "un-needed" or "an answer to a question nobody asked?" :redcard:

As for Focus this is great news although I do agree that gas prices and the economy are driving the sales of small cars at the moment.

Ultimately, the public determines what is "un-needed" or "an answer to a question nobody asked". The take rate for SYNC and Ambient Lighting are high, so obviously the public likes them. When things like Quadrasteer or Night Vision are left unchecked on the option sheet, obviously it results in people questioning their need.

If Ford offered Quadrasteer on the F-series I would question its purpose just as I did when GM offered it.

Edited by NickF1011

Ultimately, the public determines what is "un-needed" or "an answer to a question nobody asked". The take rate for SYNC and Ambient Lighting are high, so obviously the public likes them. When things like Quadrasteer or Night Vision are left unchecked on the option sheet, obviously it results in people questioning their need.

If Ford offered Quadrasteer on the F-series I would question its purpose just as I did when GM offered it.

Well that is my point. I think the ambient lighting is "an answer to a question nobody asked." Same with the Mustang lighting color options in the dash. But some like them so great. Same with the cooling glove boxes and cup holders that have come out recently that many dismissed when they first came out.

I am about as big a cheerleader as there is and I still question the ambient lighting and my colour. People seem to like the former though, not sure how many like the latter. Sync on the other hand is very smart.

Well that is my point. I think the ambient lighting is "an answer to a question nobody asked." Same with the Mustang lighting color options in the dash. But some like them so great. Same with the cooling glove boxes and cup holders that have come out recently that many dismissed when they first came out.

I'd have to see the take rate for the cooled glovebox and heated/cooled cupholders to see if they are garnering any attention from the public. If they are, good for them. I'd be surprised.

I think the ambient lighting thing is a good hook for the younger buyers who are often into visual upgrades. They should take it a step further and start offering body kits. I know at least a few dealers offer them as add-ons, but Ford should consider getting a piece of that market from the factory.

^ Well that and it allows you to see things much better. Ford's interior lighting has sucked for a while, no footwell lighting, glovebox lighting etc. This, IMO is a welcome edition.

Is that in all cars FOMOCO vehicles? Guess I did not realize that.

Btw I meant to mention earlier I am seeing a lot of Focus' on the street in San Francisco and most do not have barcodes on them. Says a lot right there about it's success -

Edited by 96 Pony

• 1 month later...

"Give it a rest people. It's not because of the redesign."

Well, shows that the know everythings were wrong again. Just because one doesnt like the looks or expected a Euro car doesnt mean the whole world thinks the same.

Point is the predictions of 'wont beat Cobalt' and 'Focus will die off now' didnt happen, so suddenly it's now 'buyers are stupid'

"Give it a rest people. It's not because of the redesign."

Well, shows that the know everythings were wrong again. Just because one doesnt like the looks or expected a Euro car doesnt mean the whole world thinks the same.

Point is the predictions of 'wont beat Cobalt' and 'Focus will die off now' didnt happen, so suddenly it's now 'buyers are stupid'

no buyers aren't stupid. they are desparate. fortunately for Ford they are a little brand loyal too because there are better looking cars that get just as good MPG (if not better).

i bet if you could see where lots of the sales are happening it is at ford dealerships where a toyota or honda dealership is not close.

Can't wait until the real Focus returns in 2010.

no buyers aren't stupid. they are desparate. fortunately for Ford they are a little brand loyal too because there are better looking cars that get just as good MPG (if not better).

i bet if you could see where lots of the sales are happening it is at ford dealerships where a toyota or honda dealership is not close.

Can't wait until the real Focus returns in 2010.

Any excuse to cling to the lost argument that the '08 Focus is going to fail, huh?

Any excuse to cling to the lost argument that the '08 Focus is going to fail, huh?

its only success lies in the fact that gas prices are high.

just map its sales to gas prices and it is pretty apparent. People weren't buying the car because they WANTED to. just go ask a recent buyer of one how excited they are to own it. most people are going to just tell you it is a car and beats a gas guzzling SUV. Those reasons don't evoke much passion about the car.

Ford is fortunate that when gas prices are still high in 2010 they will have a car that people will be running to buy because it is hot.

Edited by inteller

its only success lies in the fact that gas prices are high.

just map its sales to gas prices and it is pretty apparent. People weren't buying the car because they WANTED to. just go ask a recent buyer of one how excited they are to own it. most people are going to just tell you it is a car and beats a gas guzzling SUV. Those reasons don't evoke much passion about the car.

Ford is fortunate that when gas prices are still high in 2010 they will have a car that people will be running to buy because it is hot.

Go ask a buyer of any Corolla how excited they are to own one. Your reaction will be pretty similar to that of a Focus owner. The car is a success. If gas prices are the reason, fine. It's still a success.

And again, nobody has FORCED anyone to buy a Focus over its competition. They are buying it obviously because they find something appealing about it above and beyond much of the competition.

Go ask a buyer of any Corolla how excited they are to own one. Your reaction will be pretty similar to that of a Focus owner. The car is a success. If gas prices are the reason, fine. It's still a success.

And again, nobody has FORCED anyone to buy a Focus over its competition. They are buying it obviously because they find something appealing about it above and beyond much of the competition.

I had a 1994 corolla four three years felt like i was riding on the ground and the gas mileage sucked ! I found a nice 2003 focus se every thing i wanted on it with 35 thou mile

rides great and 41 miles to the gallon ( 5 speed ) needless to say i sold that corolla in a heart beat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

winterfrost

Every time I hear how bad the new redesign sucks I have to laugh. I have been seeing a bunch of the new Focus on the road, and every time one goes by I think, wow thats a pretty sharp car. I really don't like the faux vents, but apart from that, the car really does look classy. It has a nice tailored look about that stands out amongst the melting butter looks of every thing else on the market.

If I had my druthers, Ford would stick the 6spd auto in the car, and add the 2.5 for a top-o-the-line sporty sedan with some better seats and better leather, and maybe do something about the overly gimmicky dash.

But, it really does seem like a pretty nice car. People do have other choices in the market, and the fact that the Focus is pulling in a very large % of shoppers will hopefully reinforce Ford's investment in future small vehicles.

I am about as big a cheerleader as there is and I still question the ambient lighting and my colour. People seem to like the former though, not sure how many like the latter. Sync on the other hand is very smart.

My Mustang was optioned with the MyColor and I like it. It did not have the ambient lighting so I installed my own set for $30 using a combination of stock and dealer accessory spec locations.

The 2009 Mustangs now package the MyColor and Ambient lighting with the Premium Package. The have recontented Premium Packages to include options that most people were taking. They still offer the less equipped Standard models. There is a Mustang for everyone and there is nothing wrong with Ford offering a wide range of options nor packaging them grouped together as most popular.

Ford is becoming aware that in order to retain market share they will have to start including options that people want. Just because people need to step down to a smaller economical car doesn't mean they want less equipment or have less money to spend on a car itself. We are going to see a lot of more fully equipped smaller cars to sell along with the budget concious versions.

My Mustang was optioned with the MyColor and I like it. It did not have the ambient lighting so I installed my own set for $30 using a combination of stock and dealer accessory spec locations.

The 2009 Mustangs now package the MyColor and Ambient lighting with the Premium Package. The have recontented Premium Packages to include options that most people were taking. They still offer the less equipped Standard models. There is a Mustang for everyone and there is nothing wrong with Ford offering a wide range of options nor packaging them grouped together as most popular.

Ford is becoming aware that in order to retain market share they will have to start including options that people want. Just because people need to step down to a smaller economical car doesn't mean they want less equipment or have less money to spend on a car itself. We are going to see a lot of more fully equipped smaller cars to sell along with the budget concious versions.

I have no problem with any of the options, I just don't see a reason for them. If they sell and others like them, who am I to judge? I think I was only responding to the super troll.