Ford Ranger sales post another gain in April

RangerM

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny at the same time the Mazda (same truck) B-series are at an all time sales low. I think they sell less than 100 per month now. I wonder why they don't try to pus that as well.

I hope a good F-100 comes out. I think if they put effort into it, they can have some good truck sales.

So you honestly think a midsized (old fullsized) F-100 is going to get SUPERIOR MPG versus the current compact Ranger? None of the other midsize trucks that replaced their compact predecessors are....what's gonna change with the F-100?

Leave it Ford to have the last of and best of something on the market and find a way to can it.

fail2eo3.jpg

He never said it would be more fuel efficient than the Ranger, he said it'd be more fuel efficient than an F-150, which it will be. The F-100 is, as Nick said, meant to be a capable, yet relatively fuel efficient truck. For those who will need a Ranger-type small, really fuel efficient truck, they will be able to buy an all-new Ranger in a few years.

This will be Ford's truck lineup in a few years:

-Ranger

-F-100

-F-150

-Super Duty

Looks good to me.

Mazda has, for years, intentionally deemphasized their B-series sales. The ONLY reason that they still even do it is to create some volume for a few dealers that need it in particular markets. Now that the Mazda portfolio is much more well rounded, the need to push the B-series is gone. Heck, I'm not even sure if the B-series is still produced, or if they are still just selling off inventory that was created a year or two ago.

why not?

Because now is not the time to introduce yet ANOTHER gas guzzling truck to the market. Not to mention that Ford claims they are not killing the Ranger. Why the need for two full-size trucks plus the Ranger?

This is another classic example of Ford answering a question nobody asked.

Because now is not the time to introduce yet ANOTHER gas guzzling truck to the market. Not to mention that Ford claims they are not killing the Ranger. Why the need for two full-size trucks plus the Ranger?

If only you ran Ford. Then things would be "right." :rolleyes:

Because you didn't ask it doesnt mean that other people haven't...

As for the F-150 vs F-100, 1/2 ton market has grown too big for its own bitches and I'm sure that people who buy an F-150 would downsize into a F-100 if it got over 20 MPG and keep the overkill F-150 for people who want it and still let the F-SERIES keep its sales crown.

Because you didn't ask it doesnt mean that other people haven't...

As for the F-150 vs F-100, 1/2 ton market has grown too big for its own bitches and I'm sure that people who buy an F-150 would downsize into a F-100 if it got over 20 MPG and keep the overkill F-150 for people who want it and still let the F-SERIES keep its sales crown.

Great. If you don't want the F-150, get a Ranger. Is that concept so hard to understand that Ford needs another gas guzzling truck?

And here is the post that starts the new thinking/bullshit that the sheep can follow!

" Not to mention that Ford claims they are not killing the Ranger."

BULLSHIT!!! No ford has NOT said they won't kill the ranger, the same as they did NOT say they would! Only fucking negatards ON HERE have stated that they would/wouldn't!

How about this; Ford said the new mustang will be 1000+hp.

There, now everybody has something to screem about. for/against

You have already proven the uselessness of this truck. You haven't answered the question yet...

A truck that will be better on fuel than an F-150 but be more capable than a Ranger is useless? Ford sold full size trucks during the oil embargos, they're still going to sell them now. A more fuel efficient, albeit less capable, full size truck built along side of the F-150 on the same platform seems like a good way to profitably increase market share and help CAFE numbers.

A truck that will be better on fuel than an F-150 but be more capable than a Ranger is useless? Ford sold full size trucks during the oil embargos, they're still going to sell them now. A more fuel efficient, albeit less capable, full size truck built along side of the F-150 on the same platform seems like a good way to profitably increase market share and help CAFE numbers.

it will suck, small ecoboost, better fuel economy, more modern underpinnings, better ride, drive , handling, asthetics, styling interior, comfort, capability, just plain superior in EVERY comparison with the ranger, AND be slightly larger to boot...no, theres no need for a superior product than a vehicle that has basically been the same and lacked upgrades and developement for ....how long....man, the lack of foresight here by the Doom and Gloom Gang is sometimes pretty hilarious...and they wonder why the barbs are directed.....and before whomever resorts to the baseline :beatdeadhorse: he makes sense so he must be a :cheerleader: cop out, look in the mirror for a sign of an IQ. This makes PERFECT sense.

Edited by Deanh

it will suck, small ecoboost, better fuel economy, more modern underpinnings, better ride, drive , handling, asthetics, styling interior, comfort, capability, just plain superior in EVERY comparison with the ranger, AND be slightly larger to boot...

Fine...then call the silly F-100 a Ranger replacement.

Then the truck makes sense. But the truck is utterly useless if it has an F-150 above it and a Ranger below it.

Then the truck makes sense. But the truck is utterly useless if it has an F-150 above it and a Ranger below it.

why P, next up a true Ranger replacement, smaller again about the current size, hopefully on a modern platform, smaller AGAIN powerplants eco 2.0 maybe...then you have ALL bases covered....youth ( Ranger )...everyday driver muliti-purpose ( F-100 ) and f-150 ( workhorse or heavy duty recreational ).....hell i had a Ranger, mileage was WORSE than my f-150...guess what I missed the most, Ranger was antiquated to say the least and too small inside bordering on semi claustrophobic....basically outgrew it, but good truck for the youth market....think of it as a version of Fords car lineup, compact, midsize, fullsize and then the Superdutys for the REAL HD stuff....

Edited by Deanh

The F-100 is, as Nick said, meant to be a capable, yet relatively fuel efficient truck.

So...rather than just tweak the F-150 to make it more efficient, you think it is a better idea to literally waste a TON of money on yet another truck?

Maybe if the F-150 didn't weigh just short of an adult elephant, it would be more efficient. :idea:

I guess the F-150 itself is utterly useless, since it has a Ranger below it and a Super Duty above it.

The Camry must be utterly useless too. After all, it has the Corolla below it and the Avalon above it.

I'm sorry, P71, but in this fragmented auto market, one size does NOT fit all. Plenty of people will want a truck bigger than a Ranger without the total bulk and ineffeciency of an F-150.