taurus ST coming.

blazerdude20

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will believe it when i see it, the SHO name plate has its fans inside the company.

In my mind an ST model would be a lame half assed version. We need to think big to bring in the enthusiast buyers. Make this car go head to head against the G8. Some pos that just competes with the impala ss is not going to get it done.

The SHOs were a little more exotic than this model; a turbocharged D35 is a little less interesting than a tiny V8 or a high-revving, unshared V6. That said, I think more people here in the states would recognize SVT than ST, so I still don't get this naming reconvention.

Edited by danup

The SHOs were a little more exotic than this model; a turbocharged D35 is a little less interesting than a tiny V8 or a high-revving, unshared V6. That said, I think more people here in the states would recognize SVT than ST, so I still don't get this naming reconvention.

I think an SVT-branded vehicle would need to be worked on by the SVT team.

ST indicates exactly what it is... a mildly hot Taurus.

Do we know who has the trademark rights to use the SHO name ? Maybe thats the issue...

Don't know if this has been answered but yes, SHO is a Yamaha TM. I saw it on their site. ST means 'Sport Touring'? Anyone? Anyone? If your going to bring the ST name over, bring the badge because it looks good.

Make this car go head to head against the G8. Some pos that just competes with the impala ss is not going to get it done.

Then the car needs to be RWD, with rear-biased AWD as an option.

Do we know who has the trademark rights to use the SHO name ? Maybe thats the issue...

Thank you for restating exactly what I said a few posts above.

Then the car needs to be RWD, with rear-biased AWD as an option.

Thank you for restating exactly what I said a few posts above.

1. The 'Intelligent AWD' introduced in the CD3 Platform can do 100% RWD to 100% FWD depending on the situation. The word is it's an effective system.

2. Glad to see we're all on the same page with the TM question. I used your link to find the Yamaha site. Thanks BTW.

Edited by Hugh

1. The 'Intelligent AWD' introduced in the CD3 Platform can do 100% RWD to 100% FWD depending on the situation. The word is it's an effective system.

2. Glad to see we're all on the same page with the TM question.

Key word being 'can do'. If people want the Taurus ST to roll with the G*, it needs to either be a RWD car (AWD is unnesessary), or for the people who don't know how to drive, a RWD car until slip is detected, then transfer power to the front.

It's easy enough to do a trademark search on the PTO web site:

Word Mark SHO

Goods and Services IC 012. US 019 023. G & S: AUTOMOBILES AND THEIR STRUCTURAL PARTS AND ENGINES. FIRST USE: 19881004. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19881004

Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING

Serial Number 73801872

Filing Date May 22, 1989

Current Filing Basis 1A

Original Filing Basis 1A

Published for Opposition October 10, 1989

Registration Number 1574745

Registration Date January 2, 1990

Owner (REGISTRANT) FORD MOTOR COMPANY CORPORATION DELAWARE THE AMERICAN ROAD DEARBORN MICHIGAN 48121

Type of Mark TRADEMARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR). SECTION 8(10-YR) 20000725.

Renewal 1ST RENEWAL 20000725

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Ford still owns "SHO" in regards to automobiles and related products.

A good ad campaign can get the word out. Before SVT, it was SVO and the change did cause some confusion. It didn't seem to be a big stink at the time. As well, dealerships spending money for the privilage to sell SVT seems out of step with the overall direction of the current Ford marketing.

Then it would no longer be a Taurus though if it would be strictly RWD.

Rear-biased AWD would be cool though. :)

Edge/MKX/Fusion/Milan/MKZ have it. IIRC, the D3 (Taurus/Sable/Taurus X/Flex/MKS) will have (or already have) it.

I think an SVT-branded vehicle would need to be worked on by the SVT team.

ST indicates exactly what it is... a mildly hot Taurus.

So, that ends the flush of anticipation for a proper SHO. That lasted about a week. Good Job Ford boys and girls, you really don't get it do you? You got more word of mouth and viral marketing for that one suggestion than you have in a VERY long time. Like years. And a half baked version is the result. You're going to get killed by the mass media rags etc.

AND that means that what currently passes for SVT is doing nothing.

Nice. :banghead:

And for the lack of that nothing, they expect the modern, educated and cost concious buyer to settle for this to the tune of 12/15% of total production?

Things are even worse than I imagined if that is the plan. Unlike with SVT stuff, they had better not be intending to charge a heavy premium for this bit of badge manipulation. Same engine, different shocks and spring rates. Betcha somebody in the leftover marketing dept thinks that will pass for performance in the current era.

Sadly mistaken if so.

And does that mean that the rest of the Tauri don't get the IRS? (hoping that is irony)

FTA

"Suspension-wise, the ST will feature a sport tuned version of Ford's new SR1 (Shock Ratio 1) suspension. The SR1 setup is a new independent rear suspension that will debut on Lincoln's MKS"

So is there anyway that that IRS can be stuffed under a proper Mustang? I mean one that isn't stickered up to within an inch of its life?

Rats, I was hoping for more.