Ford May Keep Building Rangers

ANTAUS

Is your escape and 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder?

Long story cut short:

Courier grew in size to near US Ranger proportions and had Cologne V6, an I-4 and 2.5/3.0 Turbo diesels

Name was changed to Ranger but in Australia, only diesels survive as the

I-4 wasn't Euro IV emission compliant and the V6 production was discontinued

in South Africa although some V6 "Courier" are still being sold.

Understandable there are only diesels now as they give superior fuel economy for work trucks.

Edited by jpd80

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't Ford keep the St Paul plant open what's wrong with it, they have the expertise, skilled workforce what's the problem there Igor just interested. Why can't Ford get together with the unions and sort the plant out so it could be run as a brand new green field site with maximum flexibilty or what ever it takes to save the plant. It makes me sick to see talent wasted put on the scrapheap when it could be fixed which would be best for Ford and its workforce. Its a sin to close the plant down.

http://www.autosavant.net/2008/04/ranger-i...ive-ranger.html

Dido for the Wixom plant .

We all need to push buy AMARICAN ONLY!!! America first!!!

God Bless & Have a blessed day

Ps . seems simple to me.

OPEC sells oil for $145.00 a barrel.

OPEC nations buy U.S. grain at $7.00 a bushel.

Solution: Sell grain for $145.00 a bushel.

Can't buy it? Tough! Eat your oil!

Just for interest, the 4.0 Cologne Thai Rangers were produced in South Africa but, it was discovered

with the US 21 gal tank, the V6 was flat out getting 280 miles range where as the 3.0 turbo diesel

still spins the wheels but gets 500 miles range.:)

Edited by jpd80

Ps . seems simple to me.

Last warning. All subsequent posts by you of this nature will be removed.

Ps . seems simple to me.

Go one step further, Israel will be fully independent from having to use Arab oil within 3 years they plan to do it by using electric cars and Algae fuels.

Isn't this topic about Rangers?

I would like to see it kept around for a few more years. It outsells the 'newer' GM and Mopar mid sizers. Shows that Ford was right to not change it and make it a hog. Sure a new cab would have been nice, OTOH.

It would seem that the :redcard: mafia has hijacked yet another thread topic :hysterical:

It would seem that the :redcard: mafia has hijacked yet another thread topic :hysterical:

LOL Mafia, Getting thread back on track, gotta say l like the Ranger l hope Ford keep building them at the St Pauls Assembly plant and any new model that replaces the Ranger. I can't see the sense in closing it down, you have got to pay huge payoffs to all the skilled workforce at St Pauls, only then start all over again somewhere else. If Britains Rangers come from SA l won't be buying one in the future.

24mafia.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

What does all the posts about Crown Vics have to do with Rangers?

I have seen more on the road lately and think Ford was right to not upsize it, and would be best to replace it with same size truck. Too bad it will have to be imported and not made in MN.

You should know by now that most threads here turn into some sort of :redcard: debate, how the Fusion is/isn't competitive, and a few other topics at some point.

And from my understanding of what I've read, the new Ranger will be about the same size as the current Ranger, while the F-100 will fill the gap between the Ranger and F-150.

Edited by rmc523

am i the only one who thinks the ranger is a good machine and only needs a few changes.

the 2.5l could very easily be put in, as with other 2.3l vehicles. it gets good FE, has a 5spd auto. and is a capable truck. sure it could use a refresh stylistically, but its not like the colorado is all that great.

the only real issue is how to put side air bags in.

give a simple redesign on the inside so it can have nav and sync. and call it a day.

just my 2 cents. dont flame too much

am i the only one who thinks the ranger is a good machine and only needs a few changes.

the 2.5l could very easily be put in, as with other 2.3l vehicles. it gets good FE, has a 5spd auto. and is a capable truck. sure it could use a refresh stylistically, but its not like the colorado is all that great.

give a simple redesign on the inside so it can have nav and sync. and call it a day.

Yes, I agree small changes would be fine (outside of it's needed redesign), especially in the current market to increase fuel economy, but that would require spending $$ on changing a product that will be replaced in a few years.

I don't believe you would find anyone here to critique your desire to save Ranger, the problem is, the :redcard: mafia will use and subvert your ideas as justification to save the :redcard: chassis...two totally different designs for two totally different market segments.

Minor tweaks as you suggest have been tried in the past and they have really done nothing to increase vehicle sales.

The problem with small tweaks on a vehicle like the Ranger is that it is so far off the radar of most consumers anymore that such minor changes will not even be noticed by most people. So even while some of the small tweaks may make it a thoroughly better vehicle, it will take an obviously "all-new" design to make people actually notice it again.

If you are trying to say the Panther is a safer car then a D3 then go ahead,

kelly4.jpg

kelly3.jpg

kelly2.jpg

kelly1.jpg

And the officer walked away. Or is having you car crushed between two semis not good enough for you?

He would have been dead if he was in a D3.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Proof that he would have been dead?

Good point. How in the world does the fact that the CV performed admirably here prove that a 500/Montego/Taurus/Sable would have done worse? This isn't a zero-sum game! Both have a sturdy chassis.

Back to the topic, does anyone think that the intercession of politicians like Sen. Klobuchar or Sen. Coleman make any difference? I'd guess that if there isn't any money involved, it means very little.

• 2 weeks later...

Ps . seems simple to me.

245.gif