LINCOLN MKT PRODUCTION CONFIRMED

NLPRacing

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did no one read the press release cause they announced that all models will have paddle shifters and there will be a auto parking feature like seen on the lexus Ls.

I did notice that....also they said all seats would be heated and cooled (at least 4 of them I assume), unless I misunderstood it.

I wonder how well Lincoln's parking system will work and if it's even worth it? It seems the Lexus system takes so long to set up, etc. you could've parked the car 10 times before getting it to do it itself.

P71 and Pcsario: two Ps in a pod.

Why are they still here?

What exactly is the market for a $55,000-$72,000 Lincoln Flex? The real Flex isn't selling, production has been cut, and there is a 134 day supply of them.

And just when the Flex couldn't get any uglier...the Lincoln Flex comes out.

Seems to me that there is no market for such a vehicle...considering people are turning their noses up at the Flex.

And having a difference of opinion does not violate the TOS.

You said that there was no market for, in your words, the MKTaurus either. Yet, Lincoln customers seem to have embraced that model rather well.

Now you complain that there is no market for the, in your words also, MKFlex.

It would seem to me, that you are guaranteeing success.

You see no need for these vehicles, because, in your puny little Panther fogged mind, you cannot imagine that a Lincoln buyer would have a need for anything but a Panther.............. as they are the do-all-end-all of automotivedom.

You are wrong.

As usual.

Seems to me that there is no market for such a vehicle...considering people are turning their noses up at the Flex.

Well, last time I checked, and as Tim implied/said, people are turning their noses up at anything right now. As he also said, now that gas prices are going down some, it'll help the auto market.

What exactly is the market for a $55,000-$72,000 Lincoln Flex? The real Flex isn't selling, production has been cut, and there is a 134 day supply of them.

A navigator or escalade customer that doesn't need the towing capability, wants better driving characterisics and would rather tell people that they drive a CUV than an SUV. Not a huge market, but they aren't planning to sell a ton.

You said that there was no market for, in your words, the MKTaurus either.

Show me where I said that. I can't seem to remember.

Now you complain that there is no market for the, in your words also, MKFlex.

Not complaining...just stating the obvious.

It would seem to me, that you are guaranteeing success.

No, I'm not. I won't guarantee anything...there is a small chance that someone migtht actually want to blow $65K on a WAY overpriced Lincoln Flex.

You see no need for these vehicles, because, in your puny little Panther fogged mind, you cannot imagine that a Lincoln buyer would have a need for anything but a Panther.............. as they are the do-all-end-all of automotivedom.

Show me where I said that...because I can assure you I didn't say that.

You are wrong.

As usual.

We shall see.

Who said the MKT is going to be priced at $65k? I'll admit, I could have missed it somewhere.

That is a guess...and, that is not where I think it will start. I think it will start at around $43K and end somewhere between $60K and $65K.

For the starting price, I took the base price of the Taurus, and subtracted it from the base price of the Lincoln Taurus. For the end price, I just took the difference between the Flex base price and the fully loaded price.

It is a bit less than I had originally thought...but still way too much.

During the New York International Auto Show, myself and some people from work took the afternoon off to go see the cars. These folks (as well as myself) are the usual European-biased brand snobs, whose idea of a Lincoln is the black Town Car that ferries us around the city. Money is not an issue.

They were absolutely CAPTIVATED by the Lincoln MKT concept. They loved the grill, clean sides, and gull-wing like taillight assembly in the back. Their only question was whether or not it had all-wheel drive.

This is a multi-purpose luxury vehicle. For my friends, I know exactly what they would do with it. During the week, their wives would drive their kids around in it. This is a six person vehicle, so assume each family has two kids, plus the occasional need to cart around other kids. During weekend evenings, it's a vehicle for dinner dates. During some weekends, it's a vehicle you'd fold two rows of seats down, and use to drive to upstate New York or Pennsylvania to go pick up antique furniture with.

Obviously, there are MANY vehicles out there that satisfy these needs. Lincoln mentioned the Audi Q7 and Mercedes-Benz R-Class. Frankly, any one isn't that much better than the others, so these vehicles are largely sold on STYLE. Whether you like it or not, the Lincoln MKT is a VERY stylish vehicle, and people with money will buy at least 20,000 of these a year.

I was bouncing around the idea of ordering a Lincoln MKS, but I realized that while the MKS is stylish and useful, I simply don't want to drive a vehicle that large without the utility of a crossover or SUV. Now, I'm bouncing around the idea of a Lincoln MKT. Things I'd want:

-Smooth ride, secure handling, and vault-quiet interior

-NVH should be smooth as butter

-Quality interior feel

-EcoBoost engine with at least 340hp, with some kind of manual-shift feature

-AWD

-Vista Roof

-Adaptive Cruise Control

-20" rims

That's all I'm looking for. Anything else would be icing on the cake, and I'd like to keep it under $65,000 please.

-Quality interior feel

-AWD

-Vista Roof

-Adaptive Cruise Control

-20" rims

That's all I'm looking for. Anything else would be icing on the cake, and I'd like to keep it under $65,000 please.

Well, it appears that all of that and more will be available or standard on the MKT, so I guess that'd likely make you a future MKT customer.

Things I'd want:

-Quality interior feel

-AWD

-Vista Roof

-Adaptive Cruise Control

-20" rims

Apparently the Flex has all of the for $45K save for the adaptive cruise.

Well, it appears that all of that and more will be available or standard on the MKT, so I guess that'd likely make you a future MKT customer.

We'll see. The Flex got vetoed by the woman I live with, because she doesn't dig the giant box look, and I want to see what BMW is doing with the X5 when the time comes to buy.

We'll see. The Flex got vetoed by the woman I live with, because she doesn't dig the giant box look, and I want to see what BMW is doing with the X5 when the time comes to buy.

Gotcha....from what I've read and seen on websites is that it appears BMW is readying some sort of performance X5, whether it'll wear the M badge or not is debatable, but still. Other than that I'm not sure what type of updates are coming. I do know if you're looking to carry people in the third row, there's not really a point with the X5, they're tiny from what I remember.

Honestly, I'm still on the fence in regards to the new X5's design....I like it but it's almost looks to bloated in some views. I do think the X6's look pretty cool though.

Nick won't like it he has already said it's awful but at least it is a refreshing change to see something other than a Mondeo shaped car, Fords were beginning to look very stale shaped and boring its nice to see Lincoln break the mould.

Seriously. You have GOT to stop putting words in my mouth.

What I said was I hated the rear end of the MKT concept car. Looking at the spy photos, it's plainly obvious the entire rear end of the production car is different. Therefore, there's a very GOOD chance I'll like the finished product.

The next time you so blatently misrepresent what I say, I'm going to umm....I dunno, but I'm gonna do something. :P