2010 Mustang without camo

RichardJensen

Europes car market is in a nose dive at the moment as the credit crunch starts to bite here, why can't we have the Mustang over here to help us out with falling car sales charts that are hitting the floor at the moment it would be a refreshing change, we will have to rely on Ford of America from now on to prop us up and bail us out.

It would be nice to see something exciting from Ford in Europe for a change like the Mustang because l am not a big fan of FOE "Pig in lipstic" cars, l want to buy a new Ford car but nothing at all interests me one bit at the moment. So what do you do other than wait and moan meantime.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 5.0 Mustang will be DOHC. I've seen those frikken wide valve covers. That's the good news.

Bad news: Carryover powertrains for '10. 3.7 and 5.0 aren't around until '11.

Swizco

This happened in '93 also. New care in 93 but the new mod engine didn't come until 94 or 95 right?

I am reletively pleased with the design update, don't get me wrong, I just don't want it to loose that sharp edge to the design. It looks like they softened it a bit, but I think they may have added more 'texture' to the sheetmetal so I hope it emotes better in person than on film.

I am hoping they do a better job with the V6 iteration since the base 'stang is needlessly cheap looking. It shouldn't look so much crummier than the GT. Hopefully the grille will work better when not equiped with the fog lamps. The base 'stang just looked awful without the lamps.

The interior is a similar story to the exterior, a softened version of the previous design and I'm not so sure I like it better, but the new switchgear and tech features are certainly more desirable (hopefully material quality is improved as well).

Edited by BORG

1996 Mustang had a 4.6L, feel better :shades:

Yep.

The SN95 design first appeared as an '94 model, but still had the old power train. The new power train finally appeared in the '96 models.

Kind of like the redesigned Escape/Mariner appeared as a '08 model, but still with the old power train. The new, and vastly improved, power train lagged by a year and appeared in the '09 models.

To me, this refines the '05 design for the better.

My big hangup on the '05s was that the front end was to blocky and square. It did not fit the rest of the vehicle well and over powered it. A lot of the late 60's mustangs had a low - horizontal vibe to them. This redesign brings back that vibe of a low wide long front end. The rear end also adds some more personality with out becoming overly busy and still looking like a Mustang.

When has this segment been completely redone every 4-5 years? This is a lot more than was done in '87 and on par with what was done in '99. I wish the stang would have looked like this out of the box in '05.

Couldn't have put it better myself. It has always been my opinion that Ford design is 5 years behind their own market. Even the classic refreshes were far better. Since the eighties I've been scratching my head wondering the exact same thing, why didn't they just use this design 5 years ago? Again, and Again, and Again. Always more of the same from Ford, old designers with old ideas in a new world. If I get one, I'll have it fitted with better bodywork... just like every other Mustang I've owned.

The Premium interior is like a completely different car compared to the base model. I wonder if the price between the V6 and GT will increase as substantially as the quality. I hope not. That steering wheel is dead sexy. The best mustang steering wheel since the '69 and by leaps and bounds :happy feet:

The Premium interior is like a completely different car compared to the base model. I wonder if the price between the V6 and GT will increase as substantially as the quality. I hope not. That steering wheel is dead sexy. The best mustang steering wheel since the '69 and by leaps and bounds :happy feet:

Gotta say l have never seen a Mondeo steering wheel is it still round l never look much past the exterior its so :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring:

The steering wheel is more or less the same as the current car...just some minor tweeks about it

Geez. I wasn't talking to YOU. Look at Jellymoulds' last post.

don't you have the authority to delete posts?...if so just delete posts that have nothing to do with the topic...i know most people won't mind

but im not sure about the Mustang interior i want to see the GT premium interior