2010 Mustang without camo

RichardJensen

I got a feeling that the stang will have the 3.7 at launch, the v6 prototypes have them already with 6 speed auto

Im reading elsewhere that the boat anchor 4.0 will still be around for 2010MY. Cant remember where I saw that and to be honest I dont see the stang getting the 3.7 this time around. :banghead: Fords powertrain development is painfully slow. Other than a slight refresh Im not expecting much.

Does anybody have any inside info on how the 5.0 is coming along for the mustang and the F150? This part is really killing me not knowing much about it. :banghead:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im reading elsewhere that the boat anchor 4.0 will still be around for 2010MY. Cant remember where I saw that and to be honest I dont see the stang getting the 3.7 this time around. :banghead: Fords powertrain development is painfully slow. Other than a slight refresh Im not expecting much.

Does anybody have any inside info on how the 5.0 is coming along for the mustang and the F150? This part is really killing me not knowing much about it. :banghead:

Are you sure? The Cologne contract is almost up that is if it hasn't been up already...

Are you sure? The Cologne contract is almost up that is if it hasn't been up already...

No, Im not sure. Trust me, I want to be wrong. There are so many rumors flying around from those who dont know that its hard to know what to believe and what not to. I have not heard a word from Blue2 or Fourcam lately and they seem to be very reliable.

yes i know and i use it but other people will reply to such comments(im guilty) and then thats how the topic spirals down the shitter

if the post gets deleted and any off-topic responses get deleted then everything would run more smoothly and we will be able to get more useful info out of threads instead of this bullcrap that some members have and just come in here start stuff and laugh as it gets locked just to do it in another thread

...........trolls

actually warn them and then just ban them

lol sorry for being off-topic, im just sick of the crap in these threads

Who cares... Out of the 120+ pages of commentary in this section, half of it is meaningless with about 10 or so comments on each thread. It's becoming meaningless if you ask me.

The "boat anchor" 4.0 has the same 0-60 time of a 429 Cobra Jet Mach 1.

I DO NOT BRING THE PANTHERS UP!

You mentioned them when you didnt have too

The Panthers were brought up before I mentioned them. As I said before, I WILL respond...but do not bring them up.

And, I did have to mention them...other wise my sentence would have read:

I DO NOT BRING THE UP! The :cheerleader: do.
Edited by P71_CrownVic

The Panthers were brought up before I mentioned them. As I said before, I WILL respond...but do not bring them up.

And, I did have to mention them...other wise my sentence would have read:

i think the rear quarters on the stang are copied right off an old 64 falcon station wagon..this should end it once and for all.....no body knows about powertrain..those that do wont say cause there skared and no body knows about anything else either....once i get a good ream in the exhause ill let you know my findings...until then we have a few camoed piks to get sticky..have a great day

You NEED to visit a good opthamologist. Unless of course, you were being facetious.

huie2.jpg

2010-Ford-Mustang-Camo.jpg

lol....thats the exact same car including color my high skol math teather drove to skol every day..he was a track coach and the car was litered with power shake residue and power bars....you dont see the resemblance to the 10MY stang?...of course i am being ficticous

...Are there going to be any changes under the skin or is it going to be a carryover from 6 years ago?

6? The current 'Stang started just 4 years ago, it will be 5 when its replaced with this one. Its a mid-life update, the chassis will be tweaked and the engine lineup will be enhanced to compete with Camaro and Chally.

6? The current 'Stang started just 4 years ago, it will be 5 when its replaced with this one. Its a mid-life update, the chassis will be tweaked and the engine lineup will be enhanced to compete with Camaro and Chally.

People like to split hairs in the wrong way...the car came out Fall of 2004 and the new car comes out in the Spring or summer of 2009?

And I'm tired of hearing "the Camaro is coming", for the past 6-7 years...so now that it's out, I think it's soooo old and boring...to me it's dead before it even hit the birth canal.

Although I'm not expecting Ford to redesign this car at every 4-5 year interval because of it's sole platform. I would rather see them integrate it, or spin off a platform that could be shared with other Ford vehicles, to make it viable and affordable as well.

I doubt the zeta Camaro will be around for long, Holden and GM NA are already looking at merging

the Cadillac Sigma and Zeta to form one lighter RWD platform available as high and low series.

Looks like the Mustang and Falcon will outlive the Zeta RWD,

so much for common platform efficiency.:)

Edited by jpd80

The "boat anchor" 4.0 has the same 0-60 time of a 429 Cobra Jet Mach 1.

(Sorry Atomaro :))

My 2.3 4-banger has the same 0-60 (*) as the boat anchor 4.0, but I'll guarantee that I wouldn't keep up with even a 4-bbl 302 in a 71 Mach with modern tires.

(*) When you see SVO 0-60 quoted as 7.5, that's the '84. Most tests of the '85-86 show 6.9-7.0