Loathsome Cars

This is really amazing to see, I even see a 90's era F-150 lightning in the background. How on Earth do those cars get there?

Because I know Europe has never see them, I would love to take my Lincoln MKX to the UK and drive it around for a bit :) .

I guess they must have all been imported at sometime a lot of the cars are from the Island, gotta say l would like to see Ford start selling Lincolns in Europe through Ford dealers, a sighting of a Lincoln on UK roads is very rare.

Gotta say apart from the usual Mustangs and Corvettes which are always a big hit at any UK show, the Studebaker Hawk was a bit of a big hit because they are just so very rare over here.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because I know Europe has never see them, I would love to take my Lincoln MKX to the UK and drive it around for a bit :) .

Do you liked being laughed at?

Anyway, these are the cars I currently loath...

Ford-Flex_2009_photo_0b.jpg

Chevrolet-Aveo5_2009_photo_01.jpg

Only because of how it looks...if something looks that bad...then NOTHING can redeem it

Ford-Focus_2008_photo_11.jpg

Acura-TL_2009_photo_01.jpg

Again, just like the Aveo...

Only because of how it looks...if something looks that bad...then NOTHING can redeem it

aside from the flex...with you all the way P...I mean WHATTHE HELL WAS ACURA THINKING?.....and everyon ehere knows my disdain for the Focus styling........

:shrug: I know exactly one Corvette driver, and he's a quality guy. (His daily driver is a really old Bronco, too. :D)

/anecdotal evidence

ETA: How in the world did I forget the Ridgeline? My aunt bought one, and when I saw it all I could think to myself was :nonono:...

There are always exceptions, my buddy drives a vette, but I know quite a few people who think the vette is gods gift to the motoring world just because it can go fast for cheap, its a cool car but id prefer to save my money and get something nicer.

...with you all the way P...I mean WHAT THE HELL WAS ACURA THINKING?.....and everyon ehere knows my disdain for the Focus styling........

Exactly. I don't know how you can go from one of the best looking cars made in modern times (TL Type S) to the current model.

How does that happen. Good thing Lincoln stole the headlights from the last gen and not the current...

Exactly. I don't know how you can go from one of the best looking cars made in modern times (TL Type S) to the current model.

How does that happen. Good thing Lincoln stole the headlights from the last gen and not the current...

You and I can agree on something. The previous car was really charming, reminded me of an Italian-school approach. The front clip of its replacement is ghastly in its awkwardness. How does it happen? It just does, nobody knows why, and it happens to different companies at different times. Probably, it is lack of involvement in senior executives who don't voice opinion on proposals, especially when it reaches prototype stage. They've spent 100 million to date, and you want to be heard going, "I hate to say this, but the project sucks"? So nobody says anything, and eventually another turkey waddles into the showroom.

If you see one behind you, do your part to beautify America — stomp on your brakes. The rear bumper on your sled should improve it considerably. :)

If you see one behind you, do your part to beautify America — stomp on your brakes. The rear bumper on your sled should improve it considerably. :)

Anything on my sled would improve it...including removing the Acura body and putting mine on...

Acura-TL_Type-S_2007_photo_09.jpg

I love the front, I love the crease in the side, and the rear is great as well. Whoever approved the current car should be fired.

Whoever approved the current car should be fired.

Again, I agree. That's not a great picture of it either, and it looks way better in the flesh. The crease with the marker lights was inspired, and should have been developed in the new sled.

While anything on your sled would improve it, I was thinking more of the crumple-effect. IIRC, yours has 5 mph bumpers. You could inflict a lot of improvement.:)

Again, I agree. That's not a great picture of it either, and it looks way better in the flesh. The crease with the marker lights was inspired, and should have been developed in the new sled.

While anything on your sled would improve it, I was thinking more of the crumple-effect. IIRC, yours has 5 mph bumpers. You could inflict a lot of improvement. :)

Yeah...net car show does not have the best pictures of it. Looks HOT in a gunmetal color. Too bad it is FWD.

Anything on my sled would improve it...including removing the Acura body and putting mine on...

Acura-TL_Type-S_2007_photo_09.jpg

I love the front, I love the crease in the side, and the rear is great as well. Whoever approved the current car should be fired.

Agree with you too P!

The entire car just had an excellent design in and out.

I guess they must have all been imported at sometime a lot of the cars are from the Island, gotta say l would like to see Ford start selling Lincolns in Europe through Ford dealers, a sighting of a Lincoln on UK roads is very rare.

Gotta say apart from the usual Mustangs and Corvettes which are always a big hit at any UK show, the Studebaker Hawk was a bit of a big hit because they are just so very rare over here.

The F-150 has to be the strangest thing on the roads there ;) Now lets send you guys an Excursion, Super Duty, Navigator, and Lincoln Mark VIII :).

Lincoln is not a remarkable car, it's tailored largely to American consumers and I can't imagine they would like them AT ALL in Europe. The MKX certainly would look a little curious there and would standout as something quite different, I would love to see the reaction, even if negative (I doubt it, it's a handsome car).

The car I hate the most is the one that you always find driving in the passing lane of the highway going 10-20 mph slower than everyone else. 90% of the times it's a Prius! That F***ing Prius! The remaining 10% of the time it is some other Toyota.

Yes!!! I experience that every day now that I commute to school.....I wish people would learn how to drive properly (moving into the right lanes if there's faster traffic behind you/when you're done passing). It drives me crazy when you're in the furthest left lane (that's not the HOV lane, b/c I'm by myself so I can't use it during peak traffic hours) going 60 on top of being blocked in on the right by more slow people. Rubbernecks drive me crazy too....like today there was a pair of cars being picked up by a tow truck today on the shoulder, the traffic was at a complete stop off and on for a few miles before there....you think it's some big accident and get there and I said, 'that's it?' Then of course, I ran into the aforementioned slow people in the left lanes problem.

Agree with all except Flex and Focus. I like the Flex's design (see sig), and I'm not opposed to the Focus' design. And do you not like the MKX either?

I completely agree! The current model is beautiful, especially the Type S (love the quad exhaust pipes!). New model is ugly from pics.

Whoever approved the current car should be fired.

I second (or third) that motion. Thinking about it, that statement should be applied to just about Honda/Acura's entire design department.

Edited by rmc523

I second (or third) that motion. Thinking about it, that statement should be applied to just about Honda/Acura's entire design department.

Agreed! All new Acura's, excluding the MDX look horrible.

The new Ridgeline and Pilot (can you really consider them all new?) are plain fugly.

Don't mind the Civic or CR-V much and kind of like the Odyssey, S2000 and Accord Coupe, but hate the Element, FIT and Accord sedan.

What is this (FCX Clarity)? Haven't seen that one before. Wow, 3 year lease for $600 per month, ouch! Zero emissions hydrogen powered fuel cell sedan? Is this the new Insight?

http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/

Edited by V8-X

What I loath most of all is any late 80's or so (for instance) japanese compact lacking paint and with a muffler so big you could fit a watermelon up it. I find that they usually drive like asses too.

And to that I add the Lexus SC430 (if not already mentioned)

Edited by MERKURXR4Ti