Vehicles that Presidential Candidates Drive

So what kind of pimped out rides are our would be presidents tooling around in? The Obamas have a Ford Escape Hybrid (Kermit the Frog not included).

The McCain's favorite is a 2004 Cadillac CTS. "I've bought American literally all my life and I'm proud," McCain once told a Detroit news station. Turns out that was just more crooked talk. Also in McCain's garages are a 2005 Volkswagen convertible (sweet), and a 2001 Honda sedan. There's some controversy as to whether or not McCain purchased a Toyota Prius (50 mpg) for his daughter. The McCain's other vehicles include a Ford pick-up (15 mpg), a 1960 classic Jeep, a 2001 GMC SUV, a 2000 Lincoln, a 2008 Jeep Wrangler, and three golf-cart-like GEM cars (which I once wrote about for a car blog). Cindy drives a Lexus (Japanese), which is registered to her beer distributor business. The vanity plate on that one reads "MS BUD." Go Belgium!

OK....So what?

The Democratic backed Unions is the reason the American automakers are in this mess!!!

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Union workers build what management decides and if management is wrong, it is not the union's fault.

American auto manufacturers are where they are today because of decades of bad management.

Grow up.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Union workers build what management decides and if management is wrong, it is not the union's fault.

American auto manufacturers are where they are today because of decades of bad management.

Grow up.

Well Said Mhlm5. I don't often agree with you but you are absolutely right on this one.

Wonder if Obama is upset that he didn't get this year's model escape hybrid? Wonder what gas mileage he is able to get in it. He's also a lot taller than McCain wonder if the escape has enough leg room.

Do these questions keep it on topic?

Well I like people who drive Fords so one more reason to like Obama

Heck even the 300c isn't really and elitist car.

Amazing cause the guy excelled at Harvard Law he's an elitist?

oops sorry off topic again.

Wonder if Obama owns any Ford Stock.

Read his book memories of my father, amazing book, its not really political its just an amazing insight into the guy. He started it his third year in law school

The 61 Continental Convertible looks very presidential. Beautiful car, even if the presidential modifications make it a little ungainly.

That's not the one in the Henry Ford Museum is it (the one below)?

EDIT: sorry about the large image size, I didn't realize it was so big, I hope this one is better (smaller).

post-28332-1222057113_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmc523

That's not the one in the Henry Ford Museum is it (the one below)?

EDIT: sorry about the large image size, I didn't realize it was so big, I hope this one is better (smaller).

That is the same car. They updated the grille when the '62s came out.

The Kennedys often drove Lincolns. I had a friend who owned Ethel Kennedy's '60 Continental convertible. There are films of the President Kennedy with his family at Hyannisport driving a '63 Mercury Marauder convertible.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Wonder if Obama is upset that he didn't get this year's model escape hybrid? Wonder what gas mileage he is able to get in it. He's also a lot taller than McCain wonder if the escape has enough leg room.

Do these questions keep it on topic?

Well I like people who drive Fords so one more reason to like Obama

Heck even the 300c isn't really and elitist car.

Amazing cause the guy excelled at Harvard Law he's an elitist?

oops sorry off topic again.

Wonder if Obama owns any Ford Stock.

Read his book memories of my father, amazing book, its not really political its just an amazing insight into the guy. He started it his third year in law school

I'm really quite sick of people who are duped into thinking that EITHER presidential candidate is NOT elitist. People who believe either candidate talk about how they were pulled up by their bootstraps and they walked around barefoot and hungry as a child have to be the most gullible people on earth. Get real! Does it really take too much of a brain to figure out that presidential candidates are AUTOMATICALLY elitist? The fact of it is, you HAVE to have money to even be a candidate, so that makes it impossible for the average Joe to get elected to a presidential position.

We're not a direct democracy! Do you really expect that guy who works at Tires Plus down the road to be a presidential candidate? Give me a break. Going to schools like McCain and Obama have attended automatically makes you elitist. You don't go to Harvard if you are poor. It just doesn't happen.

America's system is essentially one where you vote for the elitist that represents you best. In my case, that is neither ... so I doubt I'll vote for McCain or Obama. And, if I do vote for either, it will only be to PREVENT the one I dislike the most from getting into office.

By the way, anybody who votes for a political candidate based upon the car they drive should be taken out back and shot. What a stupid reason to vote for a candidate. This whole "what car he owns" is a big PR game that they have been playing. Obama pretty much proved that when he ditched his 300C for a Ford Escape hybrid. Give me a break people, these candidates can drive whatever they want - it doesn't accurately reflect what they believe or where their allegiances are.

If you were up for election for a position, would you like for people to vote for you base on your car or where you stood on the issues at hand? If any of you say that you'd rather be voted in based upon the car you drive, I really question what kind of integrity you have.

Grow up.

Have to say I agree with mlhm5 on this one. It wasn't the union's fault that Ford was developing cars that people didn't want to buy. That was management's fault. Ford's mismangement has caused Ford's problems - I don't think workers were making the cars shoddy. The union workers, although they are compensated amazingly well for their work, are simply a scape goat that has been blamed for management's screw ups. I guess it's easy to blame someone else when your management decisions are failing.

Edited by SVT_MAN

I'm really quite sick of people who are duped into thinking that EITHER presidential candidate is NOT elitist. People who believe either candidate talk about how they were pulled up by their bootstraps and they walked around barefoot and hungry as a child have to be the most gullible people on earth. Get real! Does it really take too much of a brain to figure out that presidential candidates are AUTOMATICALLY elitist? The fact of it is, you HAVE to have money to even be a candidate, so that makes it impossible for the average Joe to get elected to a presidential position.

America's system is essentially one where you vote for the elitist that represents you best. In my case, that is neither ... so I doubt I'll vote for McCain or Obama. And, if I do vote for either, it will only be to PREVENT the one I dislike the most from getting into office.

By the way, anybody who votes for a political candidate based upon the car they drive should be taken out back and shot. What a stupid reason to vote for a candidate. This whole "what car he owns" is a big PR game that they have been playing. Obama pretty much proved that when he ditched his 300C for a Ford Escape hybrid. Give me a break people, these candidates can drive whatever they want.

If you were up for election for a position, would you like for people to vote for you base on your car or where you stood on the issues at hand? If any of you say that you'd rather be voted in based upon the car you drive, I really question what kind of integrity you have.

So shoot me.