'09 Edge

FordBuyer

I have noticed over last couple weeks that Ford dealers around me are either out of Edges or have only a handful of them left. No '09's in sight as of yet. I have seen '09 Explorer, Taurus X, Taurus, but so far have not seen one '09 Edge. Any info? Maybe we will see '09 F-150 on lots before Edge. What's going on? Not many '08 F-150's left on dealer lots around here either. More than Edge, but not full of them as a month or so ago.

I have noticed over last couple weeks that Ford dealers around me are either out of Edges or have only a handful of them left. No '09's in sight as of yet. I have seen '09 Explorer, Taurus X, Taurus, but so far have not seen one '09 Edge. Any info? Maybe we will see '09 F-150 on lots before Edge. What's going on? Not many '08 F-150's left on dealer lots around here either. More than Edge, but not full of them as a month or so ago.

2009 Edges are in transit to dealers as we speak.

Thanks for the reply. No '09 Edges as of today. Maybe sometime this week. Ford has said expect the '09 F-150's sometime in October. Kanas City has been building them for over a month and have not been shipped yet. Probably a couple quality holds.

What have they changed for the Edge 09?

How about the 09 F150?

As FordBuyer said, you can expect 09 F-150s at dealers sometime in October.

What have they changed for the Edge 09?

Well, I know they added the Sport model (w/ new front, rear and side skirts and 22" wheels), and I'd assume it'd get the newest version of SYNC.

As FordBuyer said, you can expect 09 F-150s at dealers sometime in October.

Well, I know they added the Sport model (w/ new front, rear and side skirts and 22" wheels), and I'd assume it'd get the newest version of SYNC.

I read Sync 2.0 and Next-Gen Nav.

Edited by Hugh

Thanks for the reply. No '09 Edges as of today. Maybe sometime this week. Ford has said expect the '09 F-150's sometime in October. Kanas City has been building them for over a month and have not been shipped yet. Probably a couple quality holds.

Or to help clear the 08's off the lots - gas prices did a number on truck sales.

There have been a few articles out about the F-150 launch been pushed to the right for October due to sales, inventory plus revising the configurations and options to gear towards work truck sales vice personal use.

As for the 09 Edge, there's not much changes from 08 but hasn't the launch been held up to clear 08 inventories?

There have been a few articles out about the F-150 launch been pushed to the right for October due to sales, inventory plus revising the configurations and options to gear towards work truck sales vice personal use.

As for the 09 Edge, there's not much changes from 08 but hasn't the launch been held up to clear 08 inventories?

The inventory of '08 Edges in particular and '08 F-150's are pretty much gone in Metro Detroit. Dealers around here need the '09's now.

Another change for '09 Edge is inclusion of built in outside convex mirror that eliminates blind spots. I would think that is quite a nice safety feature. I want to see them myself. Supposedly there will be optional electronic system to eliminate blind spot check.

Another change for '09 Edge is inclusion of built in outside convex mirror that eliminates blind spots. I would think that is quite a nice safety feature. I want to see them myself. Supposedly there will be optional electronic system to eliminate blind spot check.

It's only a safety feature for idiots who don't glance over their shoulder before changing lanes or don't adjust their mirrors properly. For everyone else it's a convenience.

Well, I know they added the Sport model (w/ new front, rear and side skirts and 22" wheels)...

I think I'm going to stop buying cars until the designers quit bending over backwards to the Gen X and Gen Y and stop putting those ridiculous "wagon wheels" on cars ! I don't need to know if a quarter is heads or tails when I roll over it.

A 60 series tire is extreme. Now a days 55, 50 and 45's aren't unusual. Even my 26 year old son complained about poor highway ride quality on a recent road trip in his new Mazda 3 with 17" rims. He actually paid for optional "rim" insurance, because he is concerned about pot holes.

If your just an old fart like me, you have to downgrade all the way to SE just to get P235/65R17 BSW tires. I wonder if those bigger tires are even rated as "all season". So much for being a "cross over" vehicle.

Edited by theoldwizard

The new 09 Edges came in today. From what I could tell, they are identical to O8's. Only outside difference is built in convex mirror and new exterior colors. I noticed that Edge unlike cheaper Escape didn't get capless fuel filler. Go figure. I also checke out new Chevy Traverse, and it comes with new built in convex mirrors also. Nice ride.

The new 09 Edges came in today. From what I could tell, they are identical to O8's. Only outside difference is built in convex mirror and new exterior colors. I noticed that Edge unlike cheaper Escape didn't get capless fuel filler. Go figure. I also checke out new Chevy Traverse, and it comes with new built in convex mirrors also. Nice ride.

Yes, I was going to mention, I saw my first Traverse today (from the rear only....couldn't weave through traffic enough to get in front of it) and noticed that it had built in convex mirrors. I wasn't at all impressed by the Traverse's rear. I don't even know where to begin...

And didn't Escape get capless filler for 08 when it was redesigned, or did it just get it for 09? Either way it did get a new powertrain for 09, so maybe that could've played a part in adding the capless filler if it was added for 09.

Btw, where is the Focus Coupe? They have been building this thing for at least a month and none in sight. I have seen a couple from plant being tested, but no shipment as of yesterday. Being basically same as sedan, you would think the Coupe would be at dealers by now.

There seems to be no press release on the 2009 Ford Edge and you still can't build one online. I can get a hold of the ordering guides for the Edge and MKX and look through the changes. I'm sure it has the capless fuel filler system.

My Mum's new '09 Mariner has the capless fuel filler system, first time I've actually use it. Works great!

OVERVIEW

The 2009MY Edge continues to define affordable family transportation with unprecedented interior comfort, flexibility and class leading

safety.

MODEL/SERIES/AVAILABILITY

• New for 2009 MY – Newly added to the EDGE line-up is the

SPORT series (FWD/AWD), (Late Availability).

Includes:

1. Body color front/rear lower fascias, door cladding and

side skirt rocker moldings

2. Lower front air dam valance with integrated fog lamps

3. Unique head lamp and tail lamp black out treatments

4. 20" Painted wheels with SPORT branded center cap,

wheels mounted on P245/50HR20 A/S BSW tires

5. Alcantara® grey suede seat inserts contrasted with

charcoal black trim

6. Unique center finish panel with SPORT logo

7. Paint color restricted to: Black, Redfire, Brilliant Silver or

Sport Blue

8. Available 22" Machined Polished Aluminum Wheels

(64K) mounted on P265/40WR22 A/S BSW tires

(includes 3.39 axle ratio on AWD)

EXTERIOR CHANGES

• Colors Added:

— Cinnamon Clearcoat Metallic (HT)

— Sport Blue Clearcoat Metallic (U1)

— White Platinum Tri-coat (UG)

— Brilliant Silver Clearcoat Metallic (UI)

— Sterling Grey Clearcoat Metallic (UJ)

— White Suede Clearcoat (WS)

• Colors Deleted:

— Blazing Copper

— Crème Brulee

— Vapor Silver

— White Sand Tri-coat

NEW STANDARD FEATURES

• SOS-Post Crash Alert System (automobile safety beacon) –

activates horn and emergency flashes in the event air bags

are deployed

NEW OPTIONS

• Ambient Lighting (86A) standard on Limited and SPORT,

optional on SEL with Sight & Sound Package (87S)

• New Voice-activated Navigation (58Q) – Includes integrated

audio and data Satellite radio (via SIRIUS® Travel Link

Services), optional on select series (Late Availability)

NEW PACKAGES

• Blue Suede Interior Appearance Package (60B) available on

SEL series. Includes:

1. Alcantara® blue suede seat inserts contrasted with

charcoal black trim, includes blue seat stitching

2. Contrasting blue stitching on leather wrapped wheels,

shift knob, door trim and armrest

• Cargo Package (62C) available on SEL/ Limited. Includes:

Power Liftgate and Rear Cargo Management System

• Leather Comfort Package (60P) available on SEL. Includes:

Leather Trimmed Surfaces, Driver/Front Passenger Heated

Seats, 6-Way Power front Passenger/Fold-flat Seat, DEAC

with Particulate Air Filter

• Sight & Sound Package (87S) standard on Limited, available

on SEL. Includes: Ambient Lighting and Audiophile Sound

System with 9 Speakers

• SPORT Premium Package (65P) available on SPORT

Includes: Heated Front Seats with Passenger 6-Way Foldflat,

Heated Mirrors with Memory, DEAC with Particulate Air

Filter, Universal Garage Door Opener and Power Liftgate

CUSTOMIZED ACCESSORIES, LPO

• Cargo Accessory Package (471) available on all series.

Includes: Rear cargo shade, cargo floor protector and rear

bumper step protector

• Dual Headrest DVD Entertainment System by Invision™

(67S) available on SEL, Limited & SPORT

• Illuminated Front Door Scuff Plate (18D) available on all

series.

2009 EDGE ORDER COMBINATIONS

SE FWD

Body Code: K36

Order Code:100A

SEL FWD

Body Code: K38

Order Code: 110A

Limited FWD

Body Code: K39

Order Code: 120A

SPORT FWD

Body Code: K30

Order Code: 115A

SE AWD (Fleet Only)

Body Code: K46

Order Code: 200A

SEL AWD

Body Code: K48

Order Code: 210A

Limited AWD

Body Code: K49

Order Code: 210A

SPORT AWD

Body Code: K40

Order Code: 215A

2009 LINCOLN MKX

MAJOR PRODUCT CHANGES

Product Changes and Features Availability

Features, options and package content subject to change. Please check www.fmcdealer.com or Dealer eStore for the most current information.

= New for this model year

- 1 - Lincoln Mercury

OVERVIEW

The 2009 Lincoln MKX is the future of luxury. It is strength and elegance perfectly blended in a refined yet dynamic design. With

features like the 6-speed automatic transmission, standard heated and cooled front seats and available heated rear sets, this

luxury CUV is poised to meet the demands of an ever-changing marketplace.

MODEL/SERIES/AVAILABILITY

• 2 Available Arrays

⎯ V6 Lincoln MKX

⎯ V6 Lincoln MKX AWD

EXTERIOR CHANGES

• Standard chrome door handles

• Standard Power Liftgate

• Colors added:

⎯ White Suede (WS)

⎯ Brilliant Silver Metallic (UI)

⎯ Sterling Gray Metallic (UJ)

⎯ Cinnamon Metallic (HT)

⎯ White Platinum Tri-coat (UG)

INTERIOR CHANGES

• Standard SOS-Post Crash Alert System (automobile

safety beacon) – Activates Horn and Emergency

Flashes in the Event Air Bags are Deployed

• Standard Front Passenger Grab Handle

• Standard Universal Garage Door Opener

• Standard Cargo Net and two Utility Hooks

NEW OPTIONAL FEATURES

• Voice-activated Navigation System – In dash screen &

Single DVD/CD/MP3 Player, DVD-audio, DVD-video

capability. Internal hard disk drive for map, POI storage

& 10 GB Music Jukebox. Includes THX® II Certified

Audio System

CUSTOM ACCESSORIES

• Available Dual Headrest DVD Entertainment System by

Invision™ (67S)

• Available Cargo Accessory Package (472). Includes:

Cargo floor protector and Rear bumper step protector

• Available Illuminated Front Door Scuff Plate (18D)

NEW AND UPDATED PACKAGES

LIMITED EDITION PACKAGE (60L)

• New exterior color choices: Brilliant Silver, Vivid Red,

White Platinum Tri-coat & Black Clearcoat

ULTIMATE PACKAGE (60A)

Availability:

• Optional on both FWD and AWD

Includes:

• 18" 8-Spoke chrome-clad aluminum wheels (64D)

• Adaptive headlamps

• Ambient interior lighting (New!)

• EasyFold™ 2nd row remote seat release

• Premium leather seating w/contrast piping

• Below floor cargo management system

EBONY INTERIOR PACKAGE (60E)

Availability:

• Optional on both FWD and AWD

• Requires the Ultimate Package

Includes:

• Premium leather seats in Charcoal Black w/Charcoal

Black piping

• Fineline ebony wood grain appliqués for IP passenger

side, front/rear door trim and steering wheel

2009 LINCOLN MKX ORDER COMBINATIONS

• FWD

Body Code : U68

Order Code: 100A

• AWD

Body Code : U88

Order Code: 300A

JOB 2 ORDER GUIDE UPDATES – Effective on all

Vehicles built on or after Job#2 (11/03/08 – Subject

to change)

• Cargo Accessory Package Now Available

• Illuminated Front Door Scuff Plate Now Available

• Navigation System Now Available

• SYNC™ with 911 Assist™ and Vehicle Health Reports

Our dealership just got our first 2009 Edge yesterday.

I've tried using the "Build and Price" feature on Ford's website and it appears that several of the 09 models are a closely held secret.I like to do some research a few months before I change vehicles and it's annoying that information is denied on several vehicles. I could understand it in August or even Sept.. but if they are indeed shipping vehicles it seems that consumers should be able to check them out online. Consumers know very well that 09 vehicles should be available and I'm not sure that it's a good idea to try to clear out inventory of 08 models by hiding the 09's. I've never tried selling cars so I could be completely wrong. I'm guessing that discounts are what will move the 08's off the lots but more traffic in the dealerships might be created by making more info available for the 09 models.

I've tried using the "Build and Price" feature on Ford's website and it appears that several of the 09 models are a closely held secret.I like to do some research a few months before I change vehicles and it's annoying that information is denied on several vehicles. I could understand it in August or even Sept.. but if they are indeed shipping vehicles it seems that consumers should be able to check them out online. Consumers know very well that 09 vehicles should be available and I'm not sure that it's a good idea to try to clear out inventory of 08 models by hiding the 09's. I've never tried selling cars so I could be completely wrong. I'm guessing that discounts are what will move the 08's off the lots but more traffic in the dealerships might be created by making more info available for the 09 models.

Ford is very serious about limiting the need to 'Cleararance' their products.

Borg, I also saw the illuminated scuff plates that are available for at least the MKS (as their brochure states), not sure if similar could be a dealer installed accessory on other products.

KBB has the '09 MKX pricing up -- but not the Edge. Illuminated Scuff plates are a $295.00 option ($248.00 invoice)