Lincoln MKT Spied in Black

wescoent

From what can be seen of it, interior looks like it'll be pretty nice. That's to be expected on Lincolns now though. Good to see they are improving quickly on that front.

As for the exterior, couldn't really see any new details. Based on what can be seen of the front though, this thing is going to be hard to miss.

What exactly is the reason for this vehicle? And who are they targeting?

The Pacifica never did too well, and neither is the Flex. I am curious as to the justification of this vehicle. Is there a market there anymore?

It's a midsize CUV. Nothing less, nothing more. Don't try to read into its intended audience too much. It's just supposed to slot between the MKX and Navigator.

I would have rather seen this money go toward something else, but it should do okay.

It's a midsize CUV. Nothing less, nothing more. Don't try to read into its intended audience too much. It's just supposed to slot between the MKX and Navigator.

I would have rather seen this money go toward something else, but it should do okay.

The main benefit is to keep former Navigator owners who want a 7 passenger luxury CUV driving a Ford product.

There is still a market, it's just smaller than it used to be.

Sure, the MKT will offer an alternative for existing Navigator owners but,

I thought the MKT and MKS are all about conquest sales and increasing Lincoln's market share.

There will be a fair share of conquest sales, but what good are conquest sales if you can't keep your current clientele?

I don't see it doing any better than the Flex...which is not doing good.

Either way, the money should have been spent elsewhere. The last thing Ford needs is another large station wagon that gets so-so gas mileage.

I think a MKZ wagon would have been a much better choice. Smaller, but more importantly, it would be unique and efficient.

Please no wagons! Wagons are extinct for good. Only Caddy and Dodge were dumb enough to think otherwise and look how well they are doing.

The MKT is probably going after the Lambdas customers, or the customers stepping out of their Yukons, Suburbans, Expeditions, Navigators, etc... I'm not sure there are many import shoppers for these sort of cars.

Both the Flex and MKT are very ambitious products for frugal Ford, both sporting completely different top hats. Sadly, they are being applied in segments with the worst potential in this economy.

And yes, I think the Enclave is a hideous amorphous sloppy looking blinged out blob, I despise the design!

Isn't it considered full size?

I don't see it doing any better than the Flex...which is not doing good.

Either way, the money should have been spent elsewhere. The last thing Ford needs is another large station wagon that gets so-so gas mileage.

I think a MKZ wagon would have been a much better choice. Smaller, but more importantly, it would be unique and efficient.

I'm sure the current economic state has nothing to do with how well the Flex is selling. And so-so gas mileage? Flex gets the same, if not better mileage than most of it's competition.

Please no wagons! Wagons are extinct for good. Only Caddy and Dodge were dumb enough to think otherwise and look how well they are doing.

The MKT is probably going after the Lambdas customers, or the customers stepping out of their Yukons, Suburbans, Expeditions, Navigators, etc... I'm not sure there are many import shoppers for these sort of cars.

Both the Flex and MKT are very ambitious products for frugal Ford, both sporting completely different top hats. Sadly, they are being applied in segments with the worst potential in this economy.

And yes, I think the Enclave is a hideous amorphous sloppy looking blinged out blob, I despise the design!

Wagons are extinct for good?? Well the fact that the focus doesn't come in a wagon is the reason a guy at the shop (who has a 07 f150 also) bought a accord or camry or whatever that honda piece of shit is.

It is also the reason one of my neibours bought a chrysler minivan instead of a taurus wagon which isn't offered, so don't make a blanket statement that wagons are gone for good and nobody wants them. A focus wagon would suit the wife, with her current job, better than the freestar she's currently driving but since it wasn't offered she stayed with a minivan.

We had a crown vic, and the toss up was between keeping it or the windstar we had before, because of the room/utility of a minivan, we kept the windstar. If the CV would of been a wagon the decision might have gone the other way.

Edited by goinbroke2

I'm not sure there are many import shoppers for these sort of cars.

You can hardly blame Chrysler and GM's problems on wagons. Before you say wagons are extinct for good, you'd better hope that 4 dollar gas is too.

I don't think that Mercedes R class is setting the world on fire, saleswise, but I see a fair number around here.

I have to totally agree with you here...Once people get their bills paid off or need new cars they are going to be very attractive to people who want an SUV or a Minivan without the stigma of either.

I just wonder what Ford's sales projections are for the MKT, since the numbers I saw where are in line as to what the cheaper Flex is selling at now. The Flex is a great product with horendous timing when it came to launching. The automarket as a whole is going to blow chunks till 2010 the earliest...

The MKT is meant to be an LUXURY vehicle. hence the word luxury, if you can afford this vehicle then there is no need to complain about little things as gas mileage. I don't believe that owners of Land Rovers care about gas mileage, no more than Ferrari and Lamborghini owners do.

I do believe that when this vehicle hits the market with it's exotic look. everyone will be re-financing their homes all over again just to have one. As much as I hate to admit it Lincoln is making a great comeback while Ford continues to flop on decisions.

That wouldn't compete for buyers with the MKX at all, would it?

No...the MKX is a SUV, the MKZ wagon would be...a wagon.

Really? What about the Flex? That is a wagon. No other way to describe it (unless you fool yourself and call it a crossover...)