G8 To be Cancelled

ANTAUS

Wow... i guess that backs up my point of not giving a crap about the rest of their lineup. G8 rocks, eveything else sucks.

the Solstice is fun to drive....yeah its small but give it a try

but when i found out the G3 was coming i was disgusted....then they say they will stop commitment to the G8 and Solstice

GM might just turn into Toyota with all its uninspiring cars

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but when i found out the G3 was coming i was disgusted....then they say they will stop commitment to the G8 and Solstice

I have driven a Solstice. Im too tall and fat to be comfy in there. My left knee kept jamming in between the steering wheel and the door panel the whole time behind the wheel. It was an uncomfy experience.

An awful lot needs to change at GM before they can even be here in 5 years. The G8 was a bad idea to begin with, indicative of a GM more interested in the product rather than the business. Now GM is left with no sustainability with any of its brands or product. Right now, everything needs to go and they have got to start over.

Major issue about the Solstice is: You have to get out of the car to drop and raise the top. :finger:

An awful lot needs to change at GM before they can even be here in 5 years. The G8 was a bad idea to begin with, indicative of a GM more interested in the product rather than the business. Now GM is left with no sustainability with any of its brands or product. Right now, everything needs to go and they have got to start over.

be careful what you wish for.....

Major issue about the Solstice is: You have to get out of the car to drop and raise the top. :finger:

i prefer a hard top.

didn't they show a solstice hard top at an auto show recently....IMO it looked a lot better than the convertible(not a fan of soft top verts)

im going to look it up

An awful lot needs to change at GM before they can even be here in 5 years. The G8was a bad idea to begin with, indicative of a GM more interested in the product rather than the business. Now GM is left with no sustainability with any of its brands or product. Right now, everything needs to go and they have got to start over.

The G8 Zeta design was started back in 2002 when gas was about a buck a gallon and ther was no global warming.

GM has been trying to reneg on Zetas at every opportunity with over fear of CAFE and buyer resistance.

FoA didn't persue exports, developed the latest Falcon for half the cost and now look pretty good compared to Holden's red ink.

Falcon is suited perfectly for AUS, FNA chiefs know it and will revsit a RWD plan after all the immediate disasters quell down

and some normalcy returns to gas prices. You can have big without thirsty, it's as simple as smart engineering choices like EB I-4.

Edited by jpd80

indicative of a GM more interested in the product rather than the business.

thats funny.....so you rather them not have good products like back in the 90s and early 2000s?

you need to focus on both good products which should lead to good business

not just make a FWD piece called the G6 or Impala or LaCrosse or G3 or Malibu or Cobalt

The G8 is a niche product, some of us in the world like to drive a performance RWD sedans while others prefer FWD/AWD.

While RWD sedan doesn't interest most people, it is still a valid niche that should be cultivated.

Expecting volume product sales from a niche product is ignoring basic logic, G8 is a product adder not the main game.

The G8 is a niche product, some of us in the world like to drive a performance RWD sedans while others prefer FWD/AWD.

While RWD sedan doesn't interest most people, it is still a valid niche that should be cultivated.

Expecting volume product sales from a niche product is ignoring basic logic, G8 is a product adder not the main game.

yeah some people here believe that it should be selling as if it were FWD

yeah some people here believe that it should be selling as if it were FWD

There is the Holden Omega base model that retails in Aus for about $10,000 less than the SS (G8).

Comes with fairly well equipped for a poverty pack but has aweful 4-speed auto from when Noah was a by.

I guess if they wanted bulk sales you could push a Pontiac Omega with Holden nose for about $20,000

but would distroy the resale value of your car. That's why it isn't done, slits their own throat.

That was what the (overwhelmingly rental-fleet) Grand Prix was. Pretty much a rebodied Impala/LaCrosse. We don't want to go there again.

yeah i know...i did not like those cars

i did not buy my car because it was a pontiac

pontiacs have not been good recently except for the GTO

Edited by Ford-150

• 2 weeks later...
No, I mean they only sell it here:

canada.jpg

So you wouldn't necessarily know about it.

Yeah, I saw a couple when I was in Montreal last year.

here is the hardtop....looks a lot better IMO

7_pontiac_solstice_coupe.jpg

Are they still planning on producing/selling that?

This is my 7,000th post.

Edited by rmc523

Small cars are very popular in Quebec.

I wanna say it was called the Wave though? Or at least I remember seeing something called the Wave.

I seem to have deleted it, but I also saw an Acura __(insert proper name here)__ which was essentially a rebadged Civic.

I wanna say it was called the Wave though? Or at least I remember seeing something called the Wave.

I seem to have deleted it, but I also saw an Acura __(insert proper name here)__ which was essentially a rebadged Civic.

It is called a Wave, but I think its the G3 Wave now. The Acura you are thinking of the either the EL, a re badge of the previous Civic or the CSX, a re badge of the current one. The fact that Acura had just ended production of the EL made it necessary for the Expedition EL to be called Expedition Max here.

It is called a Wave, but I think its the G3 Wave now. The Acura you are thinking of the either the EL, a re badge of the previous Civic or the CSX, a re badge of the current one. The fact that Acura had just ended production of the EL made it necessary for the Expedition EL to be called Expedition Max here.

G3 Wave sounds stupid.

Man, I knew it was CSX. It was the new Civic, and like I said, I seem to have lost the picture. I remember that issue with the Expy EL/Max's name.

People on mesage board demand RWD, but then do they buy brand new RWD cars? Or, is it just for dreaming?

GM listened and brought over the Commodore and guess what?

i bought it brand new.

although i think they spent too much development dollars on the Camaro/G8/ZR1 and now the Volt may come too late to save them.

i heard it cost GM 40 million dollars to make the front of the G8....hell i would have taken the Commodores front and they could have just replaced the holden badge with a Pontiac one, i don't care either which way....i bought it because it is better than all FWD sedans on the market and better than a lot of RWD sedans at the same time

Edited by Ford-150

i heard it cost GM 40 million dollars to make the front of the G8....hell i would have taken the Commodores front and they could have just replaced the holden badge with a Pontiac one, i don't care either which way....i bought it because it is better than all FWD sedans on the market and better than a lot of RWD sedans at the same time

They probably had to modify it for 5-mph bumpers, which I don't think are mandated in Australia. Could be wrong though. It's more than just swapping the badges though.