New World Fiesta killing it...

The strong early sales of the Fiesta helped Ford's European operations increase market share in November and bodes well for the company as it prepares to launch the global small car in China in the first quarter of next year and in other key Asian markets and the United States in early 2010.

In its first two months on sale, Ford has sold more than 42,200 new Fiestas in Europe's main 19 markets despite soft overall industry sales, making the new Fiesta the second-most popular vehicle in the Ford of Europe lineup behind the Focus compact. The Fiesta, including the new version and outgoing model, was the best-selling car in the United Kingdom in November among all models from all automakers.

"After only two months since its introduction, the Fiesta is already our second best-selling model behind the Focus," said Ingvar Sviggum, vice president, marketing, sales and service, Ford of Europe. "In the U.K., the Fiesta's market share for November was the highest since January 1998 for the nameplate, and the new Fiesta attracted 1,000 more retail British buyers than the previous model in November 2007. This is a promising start for our all-new global model."

Overall, November Ford of Europe sold 95,700 vehicles across its 19 European markets. This was down 21.4 percent versus November 2007, but the company again outperformed the industry by increasing its market share to 8.8 percent, up 0.5 percentage points. The Ford brand is now firmly established as the No. 2 brand in Europe's main 19 markets behind only Volkswagen.

Link

-- The new Fiesta, the first of a new breed of exciting and refined global small cars coming to market from Ford, is currently on sale in Europe and South Africa. It will go on sale in China, Australia and New Zealand in early 2009 and other major Asian Pacific markets in early 2010. The new Fiesta goes on sale in the United States in early 2010.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link

-- The new Fiesta, the first of a new breed of exciting and refined global small cars coming to market from Ford, is currently on sale in Europe and South Africa. It will go on sale in China, Australia and New Zealand in early 2009 and other major Asian Pacific markets in early 2010. The new Fiesta goes on sale in the United States in early 2010.

All thanks to to Big Al' :drool:

Well, before i bought the Ranger i was cross shopping Mustangs, Rangers, Crown Vics and Saturns. I guess anything is possible.

Interesting thought process going on there. When I bought my Mustang I cross-shopped it with two other vehicles: The Camaro and the Trans Am. When I bought the Mazda6, well, I didn't really cross-shop anything...I saw it and liked it right off the bat. Only other car I test drove was a Mazda3, which I found to be too underpowered and too small. :shrug:

Link

Ford has done a good job with this. I wish this could be earlier than 2010.

Ford has done a good job with this. I wish this could be earlier than 2010.

Can anyone give a FIRM launch date on the Fiesta?? Isn't it supposed to be a 2010 model? Wouldn't that indicate a launch earlier than early 2010? Seems unfathomable that this vehicle could still be over a year away from launch here.

Can anyone give a FIRM launch date on the Fiesta?? Isn't it supposed to be a 2010 model? Wouldn't that indicate a launch earlier than early 2010? Seems unfathomable that this vehicle could still be over a year away from launch here.

Suppose to launch Q2 2010 as a MY2011

Suppose to launch Q2 2010 as a MY2011

So it's launching in the same year as the new Focus? That doesn't sound right. If it is, why the hell is it taking Ford so long to get it here? It doesn't take 2+ years to retool an assembly plant, even if you are gutting the entire thing and starting from scratch. CHINA is getting it sooner for crimminy sakes.

Get on the ball, Ford. It is shit like this that makes me start to lose faith in you.

So it's launching in the same year as the new Focus? That doesn't sound right. If it is, why the hell is it taking Ford so long to get it here? It doesn't take 2+ years to retool an assembly plant, even if you are gutting the entire thing and starting from scratch. CHINA is getting it sooner for crimminy sakes.

Get on the ball, Ford. It is shit like this that makes me start to lose faith in you.

Come on Nick. The whole point of faith is to deny the things that don't make sense and blindly trust in the things that us fallen ones are too impure to understand. I know what you are! You're a f*cking nonbeliever! Who are you to ask intelligent questions?! You're going strait to hell!

Welcome the new car that will put another nail in the UAW's coffin.

The enemy is now within. :shades:

We all know your disdain for anything built with an American name on it. But to further bash them because they never hired you and your wanting to place the blame on the union is a little to much to fathom.

How's that job working out for you blogging for the transplants?

You want it fast or do you want it right?

This isn't a matter of "fast or right" anymore. If this gets pushed into the 2010 calendar year, I just simply see no excuse for it. Why is it going to be ready for EVERY other global market far sooner? It CAN'T be taking them that long to ready the assembly plant, and are emissions/crash test ratings that different between Europe and the US that it takes 2 years to make the necessary changes? Specifically, WHAT is the hold up? Whatever it is needs to be identified and eliminated or corrected.

I was thoroughly expecting this vehicle to be ready in the second half of the 2009 calendar year, with the Focus following a year after. This sort of thing is a perfect example of congress's complaints that Detroit is "slow to react".

Edited by NickF1011

no no, we NEED another debaucle ala 6.0...so rush rush rush....

I would think you would be more concerned about this also. I mean what the heck do you plan on selling next year? It ain't gonna all be refreshed Fusions, that's for sure.

And if the Fiesta is truly still over a year away, Ford better not even bother unveiling the NA version in Detroit next month.

Edited by NickF1011

This isn't a matter of "fast or right" anymore.

Bullshit

I was thoroughly expecting this vehicle to be ready in the second half of the 2009 calendar year,

Live with dissapointment, I do.

no no, we NEED another debaucle ala 6.0...so rush rush rush....

Sarcasm noted. And you're right, the last thing Ford needs NOW is to make an error.

Edited by Ron W.

I would think you would be more concerned about this also. I mean what the heck do you plan on selling next year? It ain't gonna all be refreshed Fusions, that's for sure.

And if the Fiesta is truly still over a year away, Ford better not even bother unveiling the NA version in Detroit next month.

its a 2010 model...will be released Sept next year IMO.