MT: Truck of the Year F-150

ANTAUS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great to see the US No 1 best seller the awesome CLASSIC F-150 still the best and still winning awards. Well done Ford.

I still fail to see why you use the word "classic" before F-150 every time you mention it.

Does the '09 F-150 remind you of this or something?

1948F-Series_timeline1.jpg

Other than them both having a bed, I don't see the resemblance.

i see what you mean, and i meant mine in much the same indifference to their pick. They picked the Nissan GTR as car of the year didnt they? lame. nothing screams COTY like a vehicle that has features on it that if used will void your warranty.

I figured as much and yeah I totally agree with your comments regarding the GT-R. I loathe that car.

I figured as much and yeah I totally agree with your comments regarding the GT-R. I loathe that car.

I figured we were pretty much a shoe in for this, but it's good to have it confirmed. Whether or not we give much value to MT's ratings, many people do. Hopefully this will get them in the door.

Have to disagree with you on the GT-R, though. The car pretty much defies physics. Way faster than it should be...

Back on topic, good job Ford, our truck leadership is something we should never give up. Even now. :happy feet:

And yet the author of this article still had to muddle it with the mention Ford's dwindling market share and falling sales? Why do these authors still have to mention this, putting a negative spin on an otherwise positive article? It's not like we weren't already aware of the current state of the automobile industry!

Edited by Alex D.

Well deserved and hard earned win over the new Dodge Ram.

I too agree that the new Dodge is a nice truck. Prior to the LA Auto show, i was convinced that the Dodge was a truck that I would consider buying. But once I saw the rear exhaust cutting through the back bumpers... I lost interest (among other things). The F150 is a much better truck all the way around... and its only going to get better.

As for MT. I think it's a good publication (have every mag since '91). Some might not agree, but I think its the one magazine that represents detroit the best. And they also produce the best numbers when it comes to track tests.

And yet the author of this article still had to muddle it with the mention Ford's dwindling market share and falling sales? Why do these authors still have to mention this, putting a negative spin on an otherwise positive article? It's not like we weren't already aware of the current state of the automobile industry!

This award is lame. Basically, they pit the "all-new" truck models against each other? What if they aren't better than what's already in the market? So in this case, the competition was the Suzuki Equator (what the hell is that?) and the Dodge Ram.

I'm I getting this all wrong?

I have no doubt, however, that the F150 is the best out there. I took a ride in my coworker's all new, 2008 Tundra double cab with the 5.7L the other day. Highs: 5.7L V8. Lows: Ride, Interior Quality, and that thing...damn...you can feel the bed bouncing and flexing like no tomorrow at low speeds! Utter crap.

This award is lame. Basically, they pit the "all-new" truck models against each other? What if they aren't better than what's already in the market? So in this case, the competition was the Suzuki Equator (what the hell is that?) and the Dodge Ram.

I'm I getting this all wrong?

I have no doubt, however, that the F150 is the best out there. I took a ride in my coworker's all new, 2008 Tundra double cab with the 5.7L the other day. Highs: 5.7L V8. Lows: Ride, Interior Quality, and that thing...damn...you can feel the bed bouncing and flexing like no tomorrow at low speeds! Utter crap.

Well, as Motor Trend explains it, the "of the Year" awards aren't so much about picking the absolute best vehicle on the market that year, but about picking the vehicle that made the biggest contribution to changing/improving the segment that year, so in that case, it couldn't ever be an existing vehicle since it would contribute nothing that wasn't already available the previous year.

Well, considering the last few months, does this mean that every article, about every vehicle................... from every manufacturer (except Mini)................... will also have some lame "falling sales" rhetoric??

Hey, again based on the last few months, does this mean that future Ford articles will talk about Ford gaining retail marketshare??

Of course not on both. Much the same way that pretty much every Ford or GM article has to talk about how much money they lost the last quarter. After the loan/bailout, they will also mention that.

Can't say I care.

M/T awards mean nothing to me, awards given by hacks just don't mean anything even if I like their pick this time around.

I don't think Ford will sell any more trucks because of this lame award from a lame publication given out by lame "automotive experts." :hysterical:

:devil2: M/T, go spread more misinformation about the "bailout" and just how awesome the new Honda is. :woot:

COTY is meaningless, TOTY even less so.

2009 Nissan GT-R (+- ugly but amazing)

2008 Cadillac CTS (++++ )

2007 Toyota Camry (boring)

2006 Honda Civic (new trend???)

2005 Chrysler 300 (++++)

2004 Toyota Prius (I assume for the hybrid.....+)

2003 Infiniti G35 (++)

2002 Ford Thunderbird (+++)

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser (+++)

2000 Lincoln LS (forgot it won! +)

1999 Chrysler 300M (-)

1998 Chevrolet Corvette (+)

1997 Chevrolet Malibu (really!!!!!!!!!! LOL -)

1996 Dodge Caravan (-)

1995 Chrysler Cirrus (OK at the time ---0)

1994 Ford Mustang (back to it's roots +++)

1993 Ford Probe GT (++ wish they stll made it, also wish they never named it Probe)

1992 Cadillac Seville Touring Sedan (+)

1991 Chevrolet Caprice Classic LTZ (?....0)

1990 Lincoln Town Car (+ still the same car! MORE OR LESS)

1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (++)

1988 Pontiac Grand Prix (-)

1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (+ but should have been for the 83)

1986 Ford Taurus LX (+++)

1985 Volkswagen GTI (eligible due to it being built in VW's now-defunct Pennsylvania plant) (+)

1984 Chevrolet Corvette (+)

1983 AMC / Renault Alliance (ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!------)

1982 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (- shoulda been the Mustang GT! But the Z had a new body)

1981 Chrysler K Cars, Dodge Aries / Plymouth Reliant ( only because it saved Chrysler then +)

1980 Chevrolet Citation (- new trend, but junk)

1979 Buick Riviera S (it won? OK +)

1978 Chrysler, Dodge Omni / Plymouth Horizon (+ only for the small FWD trend)

1977 Chevrolet Caprice (+ only for the downsized trend)

1976 Chrysler, Dodge Aspen / Plymouth Volare (------ ewww!)

1975 Chevrolet Monza 2+2 (a Vega underneath -)

1974 Ford Mustang II (a Pinto underneath, so a +)

1973 Chevrolet Monte Carlo (? it was a trend: Grand Torino Elite etc. +)

1972 Citroën SM (An imported vehicle that was selected overall "Car of the Year") (++++ but surprised!)

1971 Chevrolet Vega (---------------------------------------------------------------------- hated it!)

1970 Ford Torino (++++ )

1969 Plymouth Road Runner (???? any different that a 68 GTX? 0)

1968 Pontiac GTO (+++)

1967 Mercury Cougar (++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++)

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado (++++++++++++)

1965 Pontiac Motor Division (+)

1964 Ford Motor Company (++++)

1963 American MotorsRambler (+)

1962 Buick Special (+)

1961 Pontiac Tempest (+)

1960 Chevrolet Corvair (++++)

1959 Pontiac Motor Division (+)

1958 Ford Thunderbird (-0+..........except the 55-57 T-Bird was better!)

1957 Chrysler Corporation (all makes:Plymouth , Dodge, DeSoto , Chrysler , & Imperial ). (++++++++++)

1956 Ford Motor Company (+ safety sells?)

1955 Chevrolet Motor Division (+++++++)

1954 No award

1953 No award

1952 Cadillac Motor Division (+)

1951 Chrysler Corporation

1950 No award

1949 Cadillac Motor Division