Car Czar identified

Just kidding. However, the editorial page of my local paper picked up a syndicated article by George Will that basically said the best man for the job is Alan Mullaly. He ran through what Ford has done that others haven't and said the only thing holding this appointment back from happening is the fact that he is already employed by Ford.

I imagine this op/ed piece is located somewhere on the internet.

Hopefully this will be the next step in getting the public to understand the long-term viability of Ford. And maybe get some of them into the Ford showrooms.

If its Jack Welch I say NO DEAL, he hates unions to the core!

Someone like Robert Reich, Bob Rubin not Welch. He is Cavuto's buddy.

bad idea.

All Jack Welch ever did was cut costs by laying off employees, selling long-time GE business units in favor of financial services.

So I guess if Ford wants to sell off the car making business and focus on banking, then Jack would be the guy to show them

Does anyone question why there have not been "Czars" around for a while? Why are we getting them in the US government now and why?

Because our government has NO clue and would be lucky to find their own backsides with 2 hands and a flashlight.

I vote Jac Nasser! :hysterical:

Sarcasm I hope, if not

Bite your tongue!!

What he said.

Because our government has NO clue and would be lucky to find their own backsides with 2 hands and a flashlight.

Sarcasm I hope, if not

What he said.

the two hands and a flashlight they are familiar with....in Chinese massage parlours....

Edited by Deanh

So if Ford does not access it's proposed line of credit, they don't answer to the government.

The government should make funds available for GM and Chry under Chapter 11 restructuring,

Ford demonstrates restructuring and should qualify for loan pre approval under certain conditions.