Mystery Lincoln in Video

I'm not sure...part of me thinks it may be a coupe, but part of me thinks it may just be a silver-painted MKR.

My question, though, is why they would have a 2nd concept model to paint gray? The only car I saw on the circuit last year was the red one, right? I'm crossing my fingers for a production model this week!

not quite...its a bit more rounded out...looks good though, maybe a production version?

Capture-1.jpg

A couple of other things to note.....the wheels appear (at least to me) to be a bit smaller than the red one. Also, look at the area where a fog light would be on the lower outside corners of the front end....they're filled in on the right side one, whereas they filled in differently on the left. The windows are definitely tinted/darker. Something strikes me as being different on the fender flare area in front of the rear wheel, but that may just be the odd black reflection on the silver one. Also, the crease in the door (the one that extended from the Lincoln emblem on the red concept) appears to me to be a bit higher up on the silver one.

My question, though, is why they would have a 2nd concept model to paint gray? The only car I saw on the circuit last year was the red one, right? I'm crossing my fingers for a production model this week!

I understand, and yes, the red one was the only one I know of to be put around the auto show/magazine circuits.

As PREMiERdrum said, though, I too don't think it's production....and I too noticed the mirrors.

----

Watching that video a few more times, I noticed other key things, though.

When watching the video, pay attention around the time when he's discussing the rear of the MKR - notice the background. From other shots, those are pictures of the MKS. If you look at the furthest left picture, notice the lightbar across the trunk, rather than the current MKS' design - perhaps a future design?

When watching the video, pay attention around the time when he's discussing the rear of the MKR - notice the background. From other shots, those are pictures of the MKS. If you look at the furthest left picture, notice the lightbar across the trunk, rather than the current MKS' design - perhaps a future design?

I'm not sure which one you mean, Rmc

...the dark one? down left of the Statue of Liberty?

in playing with bright/contrast, that looks like an unrealistic sketch to me - - with a huge hole in the bumper :eek:

Edited by 2b2

I'm not sure which one you mean, Rmc

...the dark one? down left of the Statue of Liberty?

in playing with bright/contrast, that looks like an unrealistic sketch to me - - with a huge hole in the bumper :eek:

Yes, that one....and that may not be a hole, it may just be a dark/blank space for the license plate.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Found it on Youtube:

Its about 55 seconds in. its a clay model.

I see.....comparing that image to a picture of the MKR, it appears to me that it's just another variation of the MKR's design.....another possibility for it's design. Notice the passenger side of it (what you can see) looks exactly like the MKR concept, but the driver's side is different?