Where's the Bronco

94bronco

Well considering its been a few years since Ford introduced the Bronco concept which had a very good response from what I can tell where is it? Not that I would want one as it's FWD unibody crap but it would find a lot more buyers than the beached whale ( MKT) and Lincoln golf cart that they introduced.

Edited by 94bronco

The Bronco concept was based on a Fiesta, basically it was a fake Bronco.

I never get this about Ford. A new Bronco seems like a good idea. But why did Ford even consider basing it on the Fiesta?

A few years ago Ford had the Land Rover Lr2 and the baby Volvo SUV under development. Both as I understand it share some comonality. Why not have extend this to the Bronco? Why fart about with the whole Fiesta idea?

Well considering its been a few years since Ford introduced the Bronco concept which had a very good response from what I can tell where is it?

I hear that it's still going to be produced, BUT... the name has been changed, and it will be called either the "BCZ" or the "Fronco".

:hysterical:

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

I seriously doubt we'll be seeing a new Bronco from Ford anytime soon, esp with them focusing in on Fuel Economy, they are going to be wanting to get away from building even more Trucks/SUV then they have now.

I was thinking that might happen as well...

I guess that Raptor just happened to be far enough along in development to make it into production before getting the axe?

I seriously doubt we'll be seeing a new Bronco from Ford anytime soon, esp with them focusing in on Fuel Economy, they are going to be wanting to get away from building even more Trucks/SUV then they have now.

If it was as small as the original Bronco concept, fuel economy would be a benefit, not a problem.

FJ Cruisers, Nissan Xterras, Jeeps, etc. aren't exactly flying off of dealer lots these days. Why would yet another 4WD SUV reverse the trend?

See the post above yours. The Bronco concept wasn't an FJ Cruiser, Nissan Xterra, or Jeep. It was closer in size to a Focus than to an FJ Cruiser.

As for its lack of offroad ability, BORG, who really cares? Okay, you piss off Bronco purists who last bought a Ford SUV 20 years ago. Darn. The concept was popular with the youth demographic, which is squarely where it was aimed anyway. If it brings first-time buyers into the Ford fold, it does its job.

I think the people here that love the Bronco didn't see it in person, it was about the size of a Honda Element and rsembled one in proportion. I found the entire exercise baffling, it looks nothing like an off-roading SUV.

I dunno, I saw it in person, and I liked it.

Also, although not as small, it would've been out around the time of the xB, so it could've stolen some sales from that.

And I thought the F-100 was cancelled or at least on hold.

Correct you are.........I am the biggest bronco fan there is and they canceled the F-100 which the Bronco was based on. The Ranger has its life extended and us true 4x4 guys (not you guys in pickups with BFG's, but us REAL wheelers) don't get anything....yet. It was originally being developed on the Defender 90 tried and true chasis, but since selling Landy, Ford is without a offroad brand.

There is good reason to think that Ford wants Jeep. They have been talking about it since 2002....Although I have not heard Allan comment...

Correct you are.........I am the biggest bronco fan there is and they canceled the F-100 which the Bronco was based on. The Ranger has its life extended and us true 4x4 guys (not you guys in pickups with BFG's, but us REAL wheelers) don't get anything....yet. It was originally being developed on the Defender 90 tried and true chasis, but since selling Landy, Ford is without a offroad brand.

There is good reason to think that Ford wants Jeep. They have been talking about it since 2002....Although I have not heard Allan comment...

you get mothing?....one word....Raptor.