Ford Fusion in the Autoblog Garage

Wow I do not like the Red treatment on the dash...I know you can get blue or just plain black which is a good thing

I don't like it either, but Autoblog did. Aren't the blue/black dash pieces only available on the blue/black interior combos though (blue/black inserts respectively)?

Super lolz also for special Matt's "need the Mondeo stat" typed out on his brother's old 66mhz Pentium with Windows 95 from his parent's basement under the 60 watt lightbulb with the flip switch on the socket hanging from the floor joists, with the half-drywalled studs and bare concrete floor and the rusty flooor drain and the tiny patch of stained remnant carpet, amidst the piles of old newspapers and shoeboxes with unidentifiable objects in them and that fusty smell that damp basements have. The computer's on a card table with a ripped vinyl top with little bits of foam sticking out of it, and he's sitting on one of those old stackable banquet chairs with no armrests and he's blown out the back end of the cushion and there's foam sticking out of that too. The half finished bathroom with a shower curtain for a door and the dark brown hardwater stain in the toilet bowl and the creaky leaky faucets and the deep freeze are his only other companions, and his mom yelling from the top of the stairs, "MATT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR WORK??"

Also, what's up with "Richard" and "I am Rich" over there? Richard seems to be the guy on this board that owns a G8, and I can't for the life of me remember his nickname--only that he's also got (I think) a silver F150, and a signature picture with both of them in his driveway.

:hysterical:

And are you referring to Ford-150? He has a blue G8, and I think an F-150, and that used to be his signature, but not anymore.

For someone who was so hated and banned, that matt guy sure still gets a lot of attention around here. Hell he's become legendary - maybe he won by default? I thought this was going to be about the Fusion...

Perhaps a 'banned poster hall of fame' is in order? Nah.... :devil2:

uhhh.... 20 posts long and nothing on topic? This car is sick, I saw it in person a couple weeks ago. I just prefer the old tail lamps though. They need to do a 2.5L ecoboost with a 5-speed, that'd be a nice complement to the SHO.

Yeah, that happens a bit here if you haven't noticed yet.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming Black trim dash pieces you can get both with the red or blue seats

Sport is avail w Red or blue or black seat inserts, w corresponding dash inserts I expect...as for the Matt diatribe, you guys should be ashamed.........................................................................

.................................................................................

..........................all those comments and not ONE mention of unwashed odorifirous Grandpa Tighty whiteys......you should ALL go and stand in the corner....

What's the point of this article? I was expecting to see performance stats, skidpad, 0-60, etc. We have all seen the pictures already.

That's not Autoblog's alley. Whenever they drive cars, they're often for liveability. Especially the "In the Autoblog Garage" posts.

Wait for the rags to get ahold of the car... then you'll see those numbers.

What's with all the complaints that it doesn't have a 3 spoke steering wheel? I never counted how many spokes any of my cars have, but I don't recall ever having a problem steering with however many spokes my wheels had - and I admit to driving my vehicles hard and even sideways from time to time.

Also, why all the complaints about the approach angle (front overhang)? Do they expect it to be "Trail rated" because it's a 4x4?

I wonder how many of the autoblog commentors actually have drivers licenses yet.

Edited by jpvbs

uhhh.... 20 posts long and nothing on topic? This car is sick, I saw it in person a couple weeks ago. I just prefer the old tail lamps though. They need to do a 2.5L ecoboost with a 5-speed, that'd be a nice complement to the SHO.

ps where's this dude's post on autoblog?

Old taillights were definitely better. Everytime I see the rear of the car, I think of the 2005 or so Focus. I love the taillights on my 06 Fusion. They're my favorite detail on the car in fact. *shrugs* Maybe I just like chrome because I'm part of the "ricer generation." I think it's tasteful on the Fusion though.

When a car is as good as the new Fusion Sport is, people start to nitpick the small things that don't matter.

That's true. I change my viewpoint.....that parts bin steering wheel is HIDEOUS!!! :hysterical:

just kidding if you couldn't tell.

Edited by rmc523

Oh, it's way back in the comments list...

As to comments being on topic what's to say? AB likes it, we like it, and some funny guys made butts out of themselves complaining about it?

Sorry guys don't mean to derail the thread again but I just wanted to see if Richard noticed Matt's (aka P-71's) newest alias which is RichardJfromSD. He does nothing but troll under that identity as well. Just wanted RJ to know. Now, back to talking about the Fusion Sport...

P.S. I want one!

Sorry guys don't mean to derail the thread again but I just wanted to see if Richard noticed Matt's (aka P-71's) newest alias which is RichardJfromSD. He does nothing but troll under that identity as well. Just wanted RJ to know. Now, back to talking about the Fusion Sport...

P.S. I want one!

It never ends does it?

P.S. I want one!

Why doesn't someone create an alias called MattFromMN and do nothing but heap praise on everything related to Ford?

P.S. I want one!

ZOMG!!!!

HE STILL COMES TO THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Matt. We'd love to have an intervention for you, but we've all been really busy lately.