• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the SHO doesn't scratch your performance itch as much as a Grand Marquis, then I give up.

How can you call an FWD vehicle "performance"? You said it yourself, the Mustang is RWD because it's a performance car. IMO, the SHO is not a performance car because it is FWD. When I decide to get out of the truck, I'll go get a Hemi Charger or 300. That is a performance car. V8, RWD. The SHO is not.

How can you call an FWD vehicle "performance"? You said it yourself, the Mustang is RWD because it's a performance car. IMO, the SHO is not a performance car because it is FWD. When I decide to get out of the truck, I'll go get a Hemi Charger or 300. That is a performance car. V8, RWD. The SHO is not.

the new taurus is better then fiat 300c or charger. it is all wheel drive. all wheel drive is the future..... i can wait for 4wd with the sho and use low range.....

Until Ford releases a Service Option vehicle it will not be considered for LE use. Too much time is spend trying to modify a standard vehicle for LE use and it is always a failure. As of now, the only Ford vehicles that come as a Service Option vehicle is the CV, Explorer and Expedition. Ford isn't pushing anything beyond those three vehicles to pd's. So whoever is saying it is a hard sell doesn't have the facts.

Edited by rscalzo

. Ford isn't pushing anything beyond those three vehicles to pd's. So whoever is saying it is a hard sell doesn't have the facts.

My very reliable source says Ford is finding AWD a hard sell to PDs.

Therefore I assume they can't offer PDs the EB V6 Taurus - wasn't that Ford's future police strategy?

Edited by jpd80

the interior of Taurus v Crown Victoria is moot.....a more apt comparison to interior size would be to Charger. With Crown Victoria slated for the scrap heap in the sky, making any comparison to Crown Victoria makes no sense, it's not as if the various PD's will shrug their collective shoulders and say..."Ahhh, the new Taurus just doesn't seem to 'fit' well interior wise.....keep buying Crown Victoria." They will not be able to buy Crown Victoria....

Now, does this mean, I think that the police will be buying Taurus AWD with EcoBoost and some sort of Police Interceptor package in droves?? Doubtful, more expensive to buy, and a more to maintain than ole Panther....

In my local PD...their are more and more Chargers......

Wrong. The Crown Victoria is the measuring stick for what a police vehicle should measure up to. And will continue to be long after it is gone.

Wrong. The Crown Victoria is the measuring stick for what a police vehicle should measure up to. And will continue to be long after it is gone.

AM,

If the car is no longer sold to PD's since it was discontinued <future speak here> How can anyone use it for a comparison if it no longer available....why that would be as asinine as using a Caprice as a "measuring stick" :shades:

And the Crown Victoria will never be a performance car as long as it's on the Panther chassis... Enjoy your Chrysler. :lol:

SHO = AWD

There, I can't get clearer than that. Are you now going to say that there is no such thing as a AWD performance based car that can keep up with the amazing chassis tuning of the Grand Marquis????

You guys have talked yourselves in circles... "I don't use that safety rating, I use this one!"..

"It's not a real performance car unless it's RWD!" WTF, it's an old lady's car, guys.

And the Crown Victoria will never be a performance car as long as it's on the Panther chassis...

Maybe someone should repost that video of the Crown Vic over powering, and out maneuvering two Mustangs and a Miata on a road course.

Enjoy your Chrysler. :lol:

Thank you, I will. I guess I'll be another customer Ford lost because they didn't listen to what we wanted.

SHO = AWD

Is it AWD 100% of the time, or just when the computer decides to engage all 4 tires? If it's the latter, and runs on a 2 wheel drive system, which wheels are powering the vehicle?

Edited by Cocheese

that video of the Crown Vic over powering, and out maneuvering two Mustangs and a Miata on a road course.

Please.. Just .. Stop.. Your head is broken.

Thank you, I will. I guess I'll be another customer Ford lost because they didn't listen to what I wanted.

I fixed that for you. Why don't you lay on the floor and kick and scream? Maybe shit on yourself a little. Maybe they'll listen to you then.

Is it AWD 100% of the time, or just when the computer decides to engage all 4 tires? If it's the latter, and runs on a 2 wheel drive system, which wheels are powering the vehicle?

So you have a problem with which wheels are engaged when you're coasting... Wow. If you have any questions about the RWD characteristics of an AWD system, just go to a parking lot in the snow. You will rip better, more controlled donuts in the AWD every time. There's your answer about the enthusiast capabilities of AWD. Christ man, look at a rally car. Look at... Never mind. You're an idiot. Have fun in your "high performance" Panther. The car gets smoked by a Focus, for God's sake. :hysterical:

Edited by chiefstang

Sounds like a lot of wistful dreaming going on at the retiree doughnut shop..... :hysterical:

The Caprice did have a few reliability issues, but it is a law inforcement legend, like it or not. For all the years the LT-1 9C1 Caprice was available, the CV was second rate. The latest CV is much improved, but a lot of officers I know would still rather pull a shift in a Caprice shop than a new CV.

Sounds like a lot of wistful dreaming going on at the retiree doughnut shop..... :hysterical:

I need to find that video of the LT1 B-body Impala SS (same as LT1 9C1 Caprice) outrunning those CVPIs and the police helicopter. :hysterical:

In the 1990's the 9C1 Caprice was the measuring stick for best cop car ever, I think the CVPI finally overtook that in 2003 with the improved seats, strengthed frame, and improve steering characteristics. Now the CVPI is the measuring stick for departments for police cruisers...not to mention the livery market.

Edited by Armada Master

Please.. Just .. Stop.. Your head is broken.

Little touchy I guess. That usually happens when you're back is against the wall. The video is real, it was posted here. A Crown Vic overpowering and out maneuvering two Mustangs and a Miata on a road course. I know how much Mustang fanboys and Panther haters are bothered by that vid, but it's real, and it shows the potential of the Panther.

I fixed that for you. Why don't you lay on the floor and kick and scream? Maybe shit on yourself a little. Maybe they'll listen to you then.

Your ignorance is troubling. Just keep your head in the sand kiddo.

So you have a problem with which wheels are engaged when you're coasting... Wow. If you have any questions about the RWD characteristics of an AWD system, just go to a parking lot in the snow. You will rip better, more controlled donuts in the AWD every time. There's your answer about the enthusiast capabilities of AWD. Christ man, look at a rally car. Look at... Never mind. You're an idiot. Have fun in your "high performance" Panther. The car gets smoked by a Focus, for God's sake. :hysterical:

Maybe you should stop talking out of both sides of your mouth. Tell when the average person is going to drive their car the way a rally driver does? But I like how you moved on passed the NASCAR comment when you realized it didn't help your cause. Just throw enough shit against the wall and hope something sticks. Pathetic

Again, let's get the vid out of the Crown Vic on the road course If a Focus can "smoke" a Crown Vic, and the Crown Vic smoked those two Mustangs, then what does that say about the Mustang? Oh wait, you're a Mustang fanboy, who just like the D3 fanboys, are so insecure that a 30 year old platform that hasn't seen any updates in nearly a decade, is more capable then you platform of choice. How sad

Why not consider using the Falcon platform but build an "Interceptor" on a longer wheelbase

That would give the V8, RWD plus plenty of hip, shoulder and leg room needed in a LEV.

All available for around the same price as a panther, especially if built at STAP.

Crazy not to use a simple solution already sitting there waiting.

Little touchy I guess. That usually happens when you're back is against the wall. The video is real, it was posted here. A Crown Vic overpowering and out maneuvering two Mustangs and a Miata on a road course. I know how much Mustang fanboys and Panther haters are bothered by that vid, but it's real, and it shows the potential of the Panther.

One question: How many thousands of dollars in modifications did this Crown Victoria have? I could make a shopping cart with a wobbly wheel outhandle a Miata on a road course with enough money. :hysterical:

Edited by NickF1011

If you really think a stock CV will beat even a Miata on a road course, let alone a Mustang GT, I feel sorry for you. Let me guess, you're going to tell me my head's in the sand...

Your ignorance is troubling. Just keep your head in the sand kiddo.

... Yeah. Coming from a guy who claims the CV outperforms a Mustang, I'll even let you keep the grain of salt and just pretend it never happened. Kinda like pretending Ford never got rid of the almighty CV for retail sales. It stings, but I'll get over it.

Maybe you should stop talking out of both sides of your mouth. Tell when the average person is going to drive their car the way a rally driver does? But I like how you moved on passed the NASCAR comment when you realized it didn't help your cause. Just throw enough shit against the wall and hope something sticks. Pathetic

Again, let's get the vid out of the Crown Vic on the road course If a Focus can "smoke" a Crown Vic, and the Crown Vic smoked those two Mustangs, then what does that say about the Mustang? Oh wait, you're a Mustang fanboy, who just like the D3 fanboys, are so insecure that a 30 year old platform that hasn't seen any updates in nearly a decade, is more capable then you platform of choice. How sad

Every time granny Smith goes for a ride in the snow, she gets to be a rally driver. Pretty sure I didn't dodge the NASCAR comment. It's a RACECAR! It's not a family hauler. The Taurus is a FAMILY HAULER, not a racecar! How can I be clearer? As for your amazing internet video, I saw one that had the Death Star over the NYC skyline. Thing is, I'm not a moron, so I ain't runnin' for cover! What are you doin' under the bed Cocheese?

I think the CVPI finally overtook that in 2003

The Caprice was discontinued in the mid to mid 90's.

Here are the results of the 2009 Mich. State Police Vehicle Testing Results. http://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/Vehi...ng_260466_7.pdf

As the leading in police vehicle testing they set the standard.

Here is the link to the entire test.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123--16274--,00.html

The CV was about the same as the Charger V-6 but was no where near the Charger Hemi. Police unit sales of the CV are down to about 50k per year and dropping. I don't see a continued trend for the car.

Edited by rscalzo

Why not consider using the Falcon platform but build an "Interceptor" on a longer wheelbase

That would give the V8, RWD plus plenty of hip, shoulder and leg room needed in a LEV.

All available for around the same price as a panther, especially if built at STAP.

Crazy not to use a simple solution already sitting there waiting.

Falcon Falcon Falcon, isn't the Falcon nearly as old a platform as the Panthers? I'll take B-O-F over unibody anyday.

The Caprice was discontinued in the mid to mid 90's.

Yes, December of 1996. And remained in service, and in some cases, refurbished to remain in service for many years after that.

Here are the results of the 2009 Mich. State Police Vehicle Testing Results. http://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/Vehi...ng_260466_7.pdf

As the leading in police vehicle testing they set the standard.

Here is the link to the entire test.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123--16274--,00.html

The CV was about the same as the Charger V-6 but was no where near the Charger Hemi. Police unit sales of the CV are down to about 50k per year and dropping. I don't see a continued trend for the car.

We're not talking just testing results, we are talking about the CVPI being the measuring stick in the hearts and minds of police officers and fleet managers across this country.

The bulk of the Police Departments in Florida [More so South Florida] that have tried the Hemi Charger since 06 have found it to be a big time maintenance nightmare....I saw 2 Police Chargers being loaded up on a flatbed just this past weekend...They have since went back to ordering the CVPI.

Edited by MIAMI-DADE

The bulk of the Police Departments in Florida [More so South Florida] that have tried the Hemi Charger since 06 have found it to be a big time maintenance nightmare....I saw 2 Police Chargers being loaded up on a flatbed just this past weekend...They have since went back to ordering the CVPI.

Ultimately, the customer will decide.

If police departments want a big rear wheel drive vehicle then Ford better have a good one for them.