March '09 Sales

Barring a deeper recession, YOY gains will obviously be easier next year if things get better since this year's numbers are so low.

As you said, though, markeshare % is a good indicator of success right now.

Ford definitely picked up market share on industry for March:

----------March 2009----->Feb 2009----->B/(O)%

GM---------->155,334-----> 126,170----->23,11

CHY--------->101,001-----> 84,050----->20,16

Ford-------->131,465-----> 99,050----->32,72

Honda-------> 88,379-----> 71,575----->23,47

Toyota------>132,802-----> 109,583----->21,18

Ford sales up almost 33% over February and everyone else at least down 10% from that figure. Ford is gaining ground even against the Japanese for once.

Ford definitely picked up market share on industry for March:

----------March 2009----->Feb 2009----->B/(O)%

GM---------->155,334-----> 126,170----->23,11

CHY--------->101,001-----> 84,050----->20,16

Ford-------->131,465-----> 99,050----->32,72

Honda-------> 88,379-----> 71,575----->23,47

Toyota------>132,802-----> 109,583----->21,18

Ford sales up almost 33% over February and everyone else at least down 10% from that figure. Ford is gaining ground even against the Japanese for once.

Nice to see Chrysler over 100k, and GM over 155k. With all the talk about Ford stealing sales from Gm/Chrysler, I thought they would have a smaller decrease than 41%.

dont count on f150 sales to go anywhere...ford just idled an f150 plant...dont know which one cause i missed it on the tele other then the large breaking news banner in front of the news slut

KCAP is down for a scheduled down week. Just keeping inventory levels down. ;)

Sometimes it takes them a while. Better than exploding out of the gate and then falling off, IMO.

Understand that. Just don't see how any new vehicles are managing to gain traction in the current market. Bodes well for both of them once the overall market picks up again.

Interesting market for sure. Vehicles that suffered shortly after launch (Flex and G8) are picking up momentum now??? I just can't explain it.

Probably an underground thing.

As people see more of them on the road they ask owners what they're like to live with.

These vehicles have the potential to really add image to each maker, the Flex offers huge room

without sedan like fuel economy and the G8 offers sedan efficiency with Camaro fun factor.

I just wish Ford would try the Falcon some time in the future.....

Edited by jpd80

Does anyone have the numbers on how the Flex is doing vs Chevy Traverse /Saturn Outlook /GMC Acadia? Combined or seperate.

I guy i work with just got a GMC Acadia and it is real nice. He is 6'-8" and said he is very comfortable. I have not been in a FLex to compare.

Flex: 2,971

T-X: 1,148

Enclave: 3,193

Acadia: 4,997

Traverse: 6,509

OUTLOOK: 988 (ouch.)

Not great, but we'll see how it goes. The big test will be how the new Explorer does in place of the ramping-down T-X, and how the MKT competes with the Enclave-if-there-still-is-one.

Probably an underground thing.

As people see more of them on the road they ask owners what they're like to live with.

These vehicles have the potential to really add image to each maker, the Flex offers huge room

without sedan like fuel economy and the G8 offers sedan efficiency with Camaro fun factor.

I just wish Ford would try the Falcon some time in the future.....

I know some people ask me how I like my Flex.....I talked with some people for about 15 minutes about the car at a gas station once.

Flex: 2,971

T-X: 1,148

Enclave: 3,193

Acadia: 4,997

Traverse: 6,509

OUTLOOK: 988 (ouch.)

Not great, but we'll see how it goes. The big test will be how the new Explorer does in place of the ramping-down T-X, and how the MKT competes with the Enclave-if-there-still-is-one.

I saw a Saturn "Advantage Plan" ad tonight.....they kept talking about how confident we should be in Saturn......I thought it was ironic given the fact the brand wont be around much longer.

I know some people ask me how I like my Flex.....I talked with some people for about 15 minutes about the car at a gas station once.

I saw a Saturn "Advantage Plan" ad tonight.....they kept talking about how confident we should be in Saturn......I thought it was ironic given the fact the brand wont be around much longer.

Depends on who you ask... we could have some "brilliant" things in Saturn's future! :hysterical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoULph4w8No

Sup,

Don't get me wrong here, Jelly is a nice guy, but he has no concept of the American market. I live in Canada right now for work, but I am American. The US economy is far worse of than Europe right now, hell it is far better in Canada and it is right next door. Banks are not lending money, so people will not be buying cars as much. Jelly what you have to understand is that Euro cars, as good as some may be, just do not sell that great here. Throw diesel engines into the mix and you have a harder sell. Also, tiny fiesta sized cars never sell that well here, and on top of that hatchbacks never sell well either. I was just reading about how in Europe the first version of the focus hatch sold so well in Europe, but in the US only like 15% were hatches. As for diesels, they can be better all they want, Americans just do not buy many diesel cars. Trucks yes, they need the torque, but cars no. You can try and ram down our throats about how much better Euro cars are, but as for me I would rather see the Aussie Falcon (nice car Australia, kudos for that one guys) than a diesel Fiesta. And I would bet, a lot of people here would agree with me. Not all, but a lot.

I think Ford in Europe makes some great cars, but just like how we don't make great small cars here, you guys couldn't make a decent full sized truck. Mostly because your population would have little use for one. I live about 45 mins from a major city, right in the middle of farm country, and you cannot drive by a farm that does not have at least 1 full sized pick up if not more. Someone posted a video about the Euro Ranger Max(?) I think it was, and all I could think was it looked kinda cute, but not much of a real truck. I could not see a farmer or contractor using that for work.

The point is, I do not think you have a firm grasp on the American car economy yet. I think the Fiesta will see well here, I just don;t thin kit will be as market altering as you think.

Skape