2010 Ford Shelby GT500 squeezes out an extra 2 MPG

Oh................. :rolleyes:

8-speed trannies are Sooooooo last year.

I say that we just completely jump the competition, and offer that 13-speed now. The neat thing is, we can save money on development, by just sourcing them from big trucks. That way, they will have pretty much unlimited torque capacity, and noone will EVER complain about modding their vehicle, and having problems with tranny breakage.

It will only increase the weight a little bit (cough, cough). About the only negative, is.............. well, besides the high and low gears................ it is a bit notchy. :D

Oh................. :rolleyes:

8-speed trannies are Sooooooo last year.

I say that we just completely jump the competition, and offer that 13-speed now.

General "Buck" Turgidson: Mr. President, we must not allow a transmission mineshaft gap!

Fiesta will get the first one next year. High torque versions will be some time after that - my guess is at least another year.

From what people have said on here, the Durashift transmissions won't be able to handle that much torque for awhile, unless you want to drop big money on one. I remember reading that the Audi R8 had one and the owner was really disappointed with it.

From what people have said on here, the Durashift transmissions won't be able to handle that much torque for awhile, unless you want to drop big money on one. I remember reading that the Audi R8 had one and the owner was really disappointed with it.

I should have said "higher torque" versions - as in 250 hp or so. I don't think we'll see one on the ecoboost 3.5L anytime soon.

I see they also went from a 3.31 to a 3.55 in the rear at the same time. What gear did the GT500 go through the traps before? I am guessing it was closer to the bottom of 4th gear. Will the 3.55 will bring it through lights closer to the top of 4th?

Anyone knows when will ford offer dual clutch manumatics??

No plans for "PowerShift" (Ford's name for dual clutch "manumatics") in RWD or with any engine over 2.3L/2.5L.

I'm wondering how long Mustang can even keep a manual with F150 sporting an all automatic line up for 2009 and the same is rumored for the 2011/2012 SuperDuty.

I'm wondering how long Mustang can even keep a manual with F150 sporting an all automatic line up for 2009 and the same is rumored for the 2011/2012 SuperDuty.

Since when did the F150 share a transmission with the Mustang?

That about makes as much sense as saying the Focus won't have a manual becauce of the Fusion

I thought the 97-03 F-150 V6 and 4.6L manual (which IIRC was a mazda unit) was shared with the mustang V6 and maybe the standard GTs of the same era?

The Mustang of that era used the Borg Warner T-5 (V6), Borg Warner T-45 (97-00 GT and 96-99 Cobra), Tremec TR3550 ( 00-03 GT and 01 Cobra), and Tremec T-56 (03-04 Cobra). Could be off a bit on the years. Don't recall when exactly they switched from the T-45 to the TR-3550. No Mazda transmissions in any of them.

No plans for "PowerShift" (Ford's name for dual clutch "manumatics") in RWD or with any engine over 2.3L/2.5L.

what does the transmission choice in the f150 have to do with the mustang? most buyers buying an f150 want an automatic not a stick, on the other hand there is still a huge market for manual muscle cars.

I think it was the 99MY due to the increased power of the 99 4.6L and the T45 being a POS

I'm pretty sure it was a mid-year change though.

And yeah, the T-45 is pretty much garbage. Mine has been fine since putting a new shifter on it though.

Edited by NickF1011