The MKS Ecoboost ran a 13.9 at 104 MPH in the 1/4

Hmm nice numbers!

Edited by silvrsvt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh they are one in the same thing....

No, they aren't. A V6 that gets V8 performance put into a vehicle that doesn't need a V8 is TwinForce. A 4-cylinder that gets V6 performance, put into a vehicle that needs a V6 is Ecoboost.

2016 is going to be here before you know it. 5% mileage increase per year starting in 2011(I think). A drag car isn't going to meet the new mileage standards.

No, they aren't. A V6 that gets V8 performance put into a vehicle that doesn't need a V8 is TwinForce. A 4-cylinder that gets V6 performance, put into a vehicle that needs a V6 is Ecoboost.

2016 is going to be here before you know it. 5% mileage increase per year starting in 2011(I think). A drag car isn't going to meet the new mileage standards.

Ugh. Yet another who doesn't seem to know what the 'A' in CAFE stands for. Individual CARS don't have to meet mileage standards. Only COMPANIES do. A few high-performance vehicles aren't going to ruin anyone's CAFE.

Edited by NickF1011

Hmm but yet it gets the same MPG as the V6...so we get Performance without a MPG penalty ;)

:nonono:

Shame they focused on the TwinForce engines, and not the Ecoboost ones.

You keep saying the same damn thing. As you sit here and pout, smaller EcoBoost engines are being developed and tested to be deployed across Ford's full lineup. It's sad they're not here now, but they'll be here in plenty of time. Get over it and stop whining.

I may have missed it before, but how much boost are these motors putting out?? I can't wait until the aftermarket cranks out 20psi out of these puppies

Well isn't gonna do any good unless someone comes out with a transmission to take that torque

3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine

All Wheel Drive

6-speed automatic transmission with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters

Unique chrome dual tip exhaust system

Electric power steering (enabling available Active Park Assist)

Performance tuned suspension

Theres a story about it at Jalopnik.

Flex vs Corvette. I kept waiting for the Vette to blow the Flex's doors off but it didn't happen. It won but the Flex hung in there, 4500 lbs and the aerodynamics of a brick and it didn't have to hang it's head in shame.

Flex vs Corvette. I kept waiting for the Vette to blow the Flex's doors off but it didn't happen. It won but the Flex hung in there, 4500 lbs and the aerodynamics of a brick and it didn't have to hang it's head in shame.
:redcard: now squeeze 6 people in the vette.....

Wow...got video = It must have happened. :ohsnap:

I may have missed it before, but how much boost are these motors putting out?? I can't wait until the aftermarket cranks out 20psi out of these puppies

It's my understanding that there's a wastegate limiting the boost to keep torque numbers down. This obviously effects the horsepower curve as well. It's done to protect the transmission of the Taurus, MKX, and Flex. I'm sure a reflash of sorts will reprogram the wastegate fairly easily, but you run the risk of breaking the weak link, in this case the transmission. I don't see this being an issue with the Mustang and it's heavier duty drivetrains. Should see a nice bump in power pretty easily.

As others have said, EcoBoost and TwinForce are the same thing. EcoBoost was originally called TwinForce until gas prices went way up. At that point, the Ford management decided "TwinForce" sounded too performance oriented, and that "EcoBoost" sounded more environmentally/fuel-economically oriented/friendly. Therefore we got the name change.

Personally, I like the TwinForce name better. I support something similar to what you're talking about......use the TwinForce name on more performance-oriented products, while the EcoBoost name should be used in more fuel-efficient-oriented products.

Sorry. I can be like you guys if you want.

:cheerleader: Ford :cheerleader: can :cheerleader: do :cheerleader: no :cheerleader: wrong. :cheerleader: Rah :cheerleader: rah. :cheerleader:

Of course you have to cut out the rest of my post to make that work.

It ain't cheerleading to say they're already working on what you want them to do - and it's stupid and childish of you complain that they're not doing something you know they are doing.

Hmm but yet it gets the same MPG as the V6...so we get Performance without a MPG penalty

Tomato, tomahto.

I say it's a penalty because you don't need all that extra horsepower. Unfortunately, the Caliwackos and the Governator are seeing it that way as well. You want the horsepower instead of the efficient? You may not have a Ford in the future because of this strategy. Even some at Ford think so.

The automakers, now wards of the federal government, had no choice but to cheer the mandates, even though a senior Ford executive told the L.A. Times the mandates would likely put the automaker out of business.

LINK

Keep shaking your pom-poms and drink some more high octane kool-aid. It may be your last glass.

it's stupid and childish of you complain that they're not doing something you know they are doing.

No, it's stupid and childish to not see that they are going the wrong way with the technology they have developed. $4.00 a gallon gas was less than a year ago.

I say it's a penalty because you don't need all that extra horsepower. Unfortunately, the Caliwackos and the Governator are seeing it that way as well. You want the horsepower instead of the efficient? You may not have a Ford in the future because of this strategy. Even some at Ford think so.

And when No-Bama is gone in Jan 20, 2013 (end of an Error) they will repeal this law if it strangles us too much.

And who is it for someone else to decide what I need? I have plans to buy an EB car (2010 Flex or Taurus SHO) as the MPG is roughly the same that I get in my current car. For me it's a win-win.

And if we don't like this law, pressure your senators/congressmen to repeal it. Or even better, don't buy the fuel efficient cars. Remember, they have to make them, but nobody has to BUY them.

As others have said, EcoBoost and TwinForce are the same thing. EcoBoost was originally called TwinForce until gas prices went way up. At that point, the Ford management decided "TwinForce" sounded too performance oriented, and that "EcoBoost" sounded more environmentally/fuel-economically oriented/friendly. Therefore we got the name change.

Personally, I like the TwinForce name better. I support something similar to what you're talking about......use the TwinForce name on more performance-oriented products, while the EcoBoost name should be used in more fuel-efficient-oriented products.

He knows the branding change. He's just being obstinate by :stirpot: .