Ford Capri at last...

Wow I hope it looks better then this rendered POS or that show car they did a couple years ago

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr...ng_at_last.html

Pretending that a 3-door Focus with Fiesta styling is a Capri won't work, there's not enough differentiation.

it's the same problem that afflicts every sedan trying to be a coupe, think Mustang of a Falcon sedan

Pretending that a 3-door Focus with Fiesta styling is a Capri won't work, there's not enough differentiation.

it's the same problem that afflicts every sedan trying to be a coupe, think Mustang of a Falcon sedan

Gotta agree with you JPD, Ford make-overs of the Mustang and Ford GT have been the best in the business, this is absolutely dreadful it is nothing more than a 3 door Focus.

Gotta say all l can see this as being yet another coupe flop failure for FOE, Ford should better spend the money elsewhere and invest it in something that will sell.

Gotta agree with you JPD, Ford make-overs of the Mustang and Ford GT have been the best in the business, this is absolutely dreadful it is nothing more than a 3 door Focus.

Gotta say all l can see this as being yet another coupe flop failure for FOE, Ford should better spend the money elsewhere and invest it in something that will sell.

Here's what I like to see happen with the Capri:

Give the Capri project to FoA and have them do a Focus based but RWD Retro styled Capri.

complete with extended front rails and hockey stick body style Focus struts and falcon IRS.

Ecoboost 2.0 and 3.5 engines are all that needed to complete the picture.

What could be better than Capri, the European "Mustang", it would probably sell the house down...again.

Ever since the first Iosis, Kinetic-styled concept cars, real and imagined, have made me a little sick to my stomach. This is no exception. The style's already so close to overwrought that throwing out production practicality is disastrous.

Edited by danup

Give the Capri project to FoA and have them do a Focus based but RWD Retro styled Capri.

complete with extended front rails and hockey stick body style Focus struts and falcon IRS.

Ecoboost 2.0 and 3.5 engines are all that needed to complete the picture.

What could be better than Capri, the European "Mustang", it would probably sell the house down...again.

Sounds more like a Capri that folk would want to buy including myself JPD, Ecoboost 2.0 and 3.5 engines would be just about perfect for European market.

If you to want a make car that look like a Auto Express Focus coupe then please call it a Focus coupe, and please don't call it a Capri.

Gotta say would not buy a Focus Coupe, l will stay on the sidelines just like everybody else is at the moment and leave the money in the bank instead, because if Ford can't be bothered nor will l.

Give the Capri project to FoA ...

Ya know mate, I like Australia, I really do ! But the FoA organization is a "shell" of what it used to be. Most of the engineers were let go over the past few years. Sure there are a few designers left, but not enough to do a full up new global vehicle. Remember, Dearborn Engineering is down over 30% from about 3 years ago.

And you have to get over your obsession with RWD ! GRWD is dead, despite what we all would like. Maybe, just maybe, if Ford can break even in 2010CY (a huge task) GRWD and a few other things might come back to life in 2011CY.

I would love that also (I owned a mid 70s Capri). It just isn't going to happen

Edited by theoldwizard

Ya know mate, I like Australia, I really do ! But the FoA organization is a "shell" of what it used to be. Most of the engineers were let go over the past few years. Sure there are a few designers left, but not enough to do a full up new global vehicle. Remember, Dearborn Engineering is down over 30% from about 3 years ago.

:hysterical:

Light Truck Project T6 = over 300 Engineers

Ford have spent near $1.8 Billion on testing facilities in Australia

Ford spent a shit load on FoA in 2006 making it a Centre of Excellence for Asia Pacific.

The T6 Project will earn Ford Australia $700 million, they were going to reinvest that money into

the GRWD and had begun the project when it was put on the back burner by Mulally this time last year.

GRWD would not have been a cost burden on North America, Mulally and Kuzak wanted Taurus instead.

You're now on Ford Jellymould's Christmas card list.:)

Edited by jpd80

What about the rumor of the Capri being turned into a 4 door coupe that was reported on here before? That would be an intersting alternative and would make a nice Mercury offering too boot. Based on the upcoming Focus platform...sorta like a VW CC?

And you have to get over your obsession with RWD ! GRWD is dead, despite what we all would like. Maybe, just maybe, if Ford can break even in 2010CY (a huge task) GRWD and a few other things might come back to life in 2011CY.

Jackie Stewart, Ayrton Senna, James Hunt, Terry McCann, Bodie & Doyle all once owned a Capri to many more names to list, and the old Capri V6 Cologne engine of the early 70's still soldiers on in the Mustang today.

What your address Old Wizard l must send you a Xmas card, T-Stag won't be getting one :hysterical:

Design team numbers have dropped down 30% workload up 200% you dread it every time somebody retires because you know they won't get replaced. Manager comes in with pie charts & graphs telling you your under performing so he has found a load more work for you to do, and 10% will have to go because you are over manned and you won't be getting a pay rise this year you might need a pay cut, and sorry to say guys we invested all your money in the pension scheme in GM shares so we want you to contribute 10% more to get 10% less out and the retirement age will go up to 75 before you collect your pension. It's the same ole story thats getting spun worldwide ole man, we are all going through it.

Gotta say l am not bothered to much about how closer looking it is to the old Capri but l would still buy it if it was offered that way, but it should be an improvement on the old Capri and it's not sad to say the Auto Express version is dreadful l would not buy one in a million years.

Why can't a new Ford sports car be RWD and as good looking as a Old Capri, Ford GT, Mustang, Stingray, E-Type, 911, or Magnum Ferrari 308 GTS why does have to look so boring dull & very bland, wish somebody on BON would explain to me why are Ford on a GM styled deathwish? Because the Auto Expess Capri has got failure written all over it.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

This whole "Four Door Coupe", bullshit is getting annoying for me. It's like, a "sedan" for those who are in denial that is' a sedan. So it has "coupe-like stying...so what, it has 4 doors, 3 box design...its a sedan. I see these VW CC, and MB CLS, and that other BMW "thing" and aside they are paying EXTRA to NOT look like it's a sedan...its a freakin' sedan!! Then again, obviously denial has worked when it comes to station wagons we now call "Crossovers"....

This whole "Four Door Coupe", bullshit is getting annoying for me. It's like, a "sedan" for those who are in denial that is' a sedan. So it has "coupe-like stying...so what, it has 4 doors, 3 box design...its a sedan. I see these VW CC, and MB CLS, and that other BMW "thing" and aside they are paying EXTRA to NOT look like it's a sedan...its a freakin' sedan!! Then again, obviously denial has worked when it comes to station wagons we now call "Crossovers"....

3 door cars are more rigid much stronger, the Focus RS would fall to bits buckle distort after just a few jumps in WRC if it was a 4 door it would not last one single rally stage.

Porsche did not make billions in profits every year for decades with a 4 door 911 :hysterical:

Well if there is a market for it, why not cater to it?

I'm not liking it. The Capri doesn't (and shouldn't) have to follow FoE's face so closely. The US Mustang is unique to itself.....as should be the Capri.

Here's a few chops I did. Focus based (but rwd), BMW 1 series (just a starting point, but again rwd) and the last is Miata based (stretched) and again rwd.

If anybody at Ford likes 'em...email me timbrands@aol.com :reading:

meridian5512.jpg

meridiian2221.jpg

stilettocapri2coupe3333.jpg

capriIII.jpg

My old Capri

eCAPRI501.jpg

A Mustang based Capri (a request!)

caprilt.jpg

I'm not liking it. The Capri doesn't (and shouldn't) have to follow FoE's face so closely. The US Mustang is unique to itself.....as should be the Capri.

Here's a few chops I did. Focus based (but rwd), BMW 1 series (just a starting point, but again rwd) and the last is Miata based (stretched) and again rwd.

If anybody at Ford likes 'em...email me timbrands@aol.com :reading:

These renderings of yours are absolutely amazing Timmmmm, l am knocked out by the skill & talent some folk have got on BON. Gotta say l would not have a clue where to start.

This is "Capri/Mustang" heaven for me gotta say l like everything you have done they are all superb, the Auto Express version was dreadful the Capri has always been a bit of a rebel it would never want to be a straight laced rather boring looking Focus Coupe it would rather die than be seen in such a boring dowdy dull frock of kinetic tin panelling.

Gotta say your renderings are more in tune with a Capri that a buyer would want to buy, the Auto Express Capri would be another instant sales failure for Ford gotta say l would rather see Ford invest its money elsewhere in Ford. One thing folk love in Europe is the Ford & GM brand but one thing that has been putting them off of buying is the rather bland styling, glad to say the Fiesta ditched styling that is as dull as ditchwater and folk are coming home to the Ford they love again. Gotta say l find it very frustrating l love Ford to bits l have the money in the bank, don't need a bank loan from the bank but Ford don't make a RWD car that l can buy anymore.

Gotta say l prefer the your 3rd Silver Fox rendering of a Mercury Capri you done Timmmmmm as l find it the most aesthetically pleasing of them all. Thank you for taking the time & trouble of doing the Capri renderings Timmmmmmm they are very much appreciated l will have to put you on my Xmas & Birthday card list :hysterical:

One car l would like to see Ford do when market conditions improve in the future is something like a Porsche 911 for Lincoln to take the whole brand more upmarket, and if a Lincoln 911 turned out to be a much better car than a Porsche 911 and lets say if done GT racing it could end up boosting Lincolns profile as world class car maker that could be sold on world stage making Lincoln a global world player. It might end up generating billions in profits for Lincoln and Ford like the 911 has done for Porsche. Porsche had to start from somewhere with the 911 and its about time Lincoln started to become a global player.

Something for the Brits:

A re skinned Mustang with kinetic styling, Falcon IRS, 1.6 EB I-4 or 3.5 DI V6.

Watch them fly off the showroom floor in England and Europe.

I doubt it. Even FJ wouldn't buy one because of the jellymould styling. He would call it a Mondeo coupe.