Below is a link where Ken is addressing a crowd regarding Ford future plans for Canada's Manufacturing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66injWkuT3g

This message is for Ford Corp ... I know they read these forums.

I hope the public see's that all you want to do is rape our economy here in Canada. You want to sell lots of cars here in Canada but not manufacture them here? Shame on all of you!!! This is how you treat a country that has always been good to you. Number one in car sales in July, excellent truck sales numbers over the years..... What ever...

I had a chance to go work for Toyota... I turned them down because I didn't want to work for the competition... I guess this is what I get for being so loyal. Oh yeah Mark Fields I hope you are doing well with all the ideas I gave you a few years ago as to how I would turn things around and never heard back from you... yet again... more thanks with a slap in the face to us all here at STAP.

I have spent my whole life being a Ford lover and promoter.... but if you pull out as you seem to be implying to our union.... then not only will I not be buying any more Ford products.. but I will be asking others not to buy your products as well.

Edited by crownvicsparky

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Below is a link where Ken is addressing a crowd regarding Ford future plans for Canada's Manufacturing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66injWkuT3g

This message is for Ford Corp ... I know they read these forums.

I hope the public see's that all you want to do is rape our economy here in Canada. You want to sell lots of cars here in Canada but not manufacture them here? Shame on all of you!!! This is how you treat a country that has always been good to you. Number one in car sales in July, excellent truck sales numbers over the years..... What ever...

I had a chance to go work for Toyota... I turned them down because I didn't want to work for the competition... I guess this is what I get for being so loyal. Oh yeah Mark Fields I hope you are doing well with all the ideas I gave you a few years ago as to how I would turn things around and never heard back from you... yet again... more thanks with a slap in the face to us all here at STAP.

I have spent my whole life being a Ford lover and promoter.... but if you pull out as you seem to be implying to our union.... then not only will I not be buying any more Ford products.. but I will be asking others not to buy your products as well.

Why would you help out Mark Fields? If he implemented any of your ideas , he would take all the credit and never give you a second thought.

.....It is also why I can speed like a demon everywhere I go, and never get stopped.

It's funny you say that, saw a used Crown Vic that was from a used car lot with dealer tags on it pulled over this afternoon on one of our notoriously patrolled streets....the cop car? Yeah...it was a Crown Vic too....

So goes that theory.... :hysterical:

Wow, Ford is set on closing 1520 no matter what. Guess theres nothing we can do about it. Guess its time to get out of st.thomas while i still can get some money for my house. :banghead:

http://www.local707caw.ca/Letter%20to%20lo...7%20workers.pdf

This seems to point to the possibility that production of some vehicle will remain. Am I reading that correctly?

when I hear ken repeat ford saying that the days of product commitment with out earning it bothers me.

I say this because I have seen all the members accepting the past concessions and the memeber of local 1520 STAP work together to make that plant work well. we all know its a one shift plant... but we make it work to its fullest potential. IMHO we have earned something..... I know that we can make new product profitable

http://www.local707caw.ca/Letter%20to%20lo...7%20workers.pdf

This seems to point to the possibility that production of some vehicle will remain. Am I reading that correctly?

If Ford doesn't a commitment to maintaining it's current manufacturing presense in Canada chances of consessions ratifying are slim to nil, At that point we'll continue on our current contract till Sept. 2011. The problem is that if that happens all Canadian operations could be at risk. St. Thomas will definitely close and production could be pulled from Oakville. The biggest thing St. Thomas has going for it right now is that Ford hasn't announced closure, right now it appears to be a pawn.

Since the CV for civilians is gone, I'd want to see Mercury offer a Marauder one more time. The last one was a great vehicle, but it could be even better if, instead of the expensive DOHC 32V 4.6L V8 backed by a dated 4-speed auto, it was motivated by the Mustang GT's cheaper SOHC 24V 4.6L V8 attached to Ford's 6-speed automatic. More HP, more LbFt, and more gears. Another option would be to use that newer drivetrain in a Ford CV Sport and use the 2011 Mustang's new DOHC 5.0L V8 in the Marauder. Talk about a BANG!

Edited by T'Cal

....lol.... and then I read this in the paper today...

"""FRANKFURT — Ford Motor Co., unveiled a new compact minivan that will go on sale in the United States in 2011 at the auto show here Tuesday as it announced plans to build a family of ten different vehicles based on its 2011 Focus compact.

Over the next three years, Ford will use the new Focus’ underpinnings to launch a new lineup of small hatchbacks, minivans, sedans and coupes that it hopes will fetch 2 million sales a year."""

Does this ever sound familiar.... that was the idea I sent to Mark a few years ago.... use the focus platform and underpinnings to create multiple models.... it's as close as we can get today to the old "mass production" concept with the appeal to niche marketing to the customer.

Hey Mark any chance on a new job at corp when I get laid off at STAP in a few years?

....lol.... and then I read this in the paper today...

"""FRANKFURT — Ford Motor Co., unveiled a new compact minivan that will go on sale in the United States in 2011 at the auto show here Tuesday as it announced plans to build a family of ten different vehicles based on its 2011 Focus compact.

Over the next three years, Ford will use the new Focus’ underpinnings to launch a new lineup of small hatchbacks, minivans, sedans and coupes that it hopes will fetch 2 million sales a year."""

Does this ever sound familiar.... that was the idea I sent to Mark a few years ago.... use the focus platform and underpinnings to create multiple models.... it's as close as we can get today to the old "mass production" concept with the appeal to niche marketing to the customer.

Hey Mark any chance on a new job at corp when I get laid off at STAP in a few years?

Mark Fields is saying "crownvicsparky WHO ?" while taking his bonus cheque to the bank. Again why would you want to help out Mark Fields with ideas?

Ford could've given the CV better fuel economy by making the 210hp 4.0L V6 and 5- or 6-speed automatic standard. With the right gearing, overall performance would've likely been on par with single exhaust SOHC 4.6L V8s backed by the ancient 4-speed autos.

Face it: this is one of the oldest, if not THE oldest platform of any new car sold in America. Ford did some updates here and there but it's still over 30 years old underneath. It should've been replaced about 20 years ago and then again 10 years ago, with a new one coming out soon. For Law Enforcement, an AWD Taurus with the NA 3.5L V6 would offer more people room, more cargo/equipment room, better foul weather traction, and better fuel economy. It's a win/win.

Speaking of the 2010 Taurus, it really should be called Crown Victoria since it is truly a fullsized car. The Fusion, a midsized car, should've been called Taurus all along.

• 2 weeks later...

General Motors Co. will revive the Caprice name as a rear-wheel-drive police car in 2011, expanding the list of competitors to Ford Motor Co.’s ubiquitous Crown Victoria cop cruiser as Ford weighs whether or not to close the Canadian factory that builds the model.

GM said Monday it would bring back the Caprice 15 years after it stopped making it for law-enforcement customers.

The sedan, equipped with either a V6 or V8 engine, will be made in Australia on the same underpinnings as the Ontario-built Chevrolet Camaro. GM says the vehicle’s 112-cubic-foot interior is larger than Ford’s top-selling model.

“We feel like given its product strength, it’s going to be a major player,” said GM spokesman Brian Goebel.

Come on Ford don't give away a market you have had strong for decades.... its time to put the GRWD platform back on the front burner. Lets get down to business with the CAW... get concessions... rebuild STAP with a new replacement police interceptor (along with other retail spinoff cars) and hold on to a market before we all loose...... Timing is everything !!!

Edited by crownvicsparky

the website for the new Caprice is www.chevroletcapriceppv.com in case anyone is interested. Seems as if they are serious about it. The ball is in your court, Ford.

Some great ideas. The power train sounds good. The CV engine was a dog. I like the aux. battery and relocation of the am/fm radio. The CV radio became useless after equipment was added.

General Motors Co. will revive the Caprice name as a rear-wheel-drive police car in 2011, expanding the list of competitors to Ford Motor Co.’s ubiquitous Crown Victoria cop cruiser as Ford weighs whether or not to close the Canadian factory that builds the model.

GM said Monday it would bring back the Caprice 15 years after it stopped making it for law-enforcement customers.

The sedan, equipped with either a V6 or V8 engine, will be made in Australia on the same underpinnings as the Ontario-built Chevrolet Camaro. GM says the vehicle’s 112-cubic-foot interior is larger than Ford’s top-selling model.

“We feel like given its product strength, it’s going to be a major player,” said GM spokesman Brian Goebel.

Come on Ford don't give away a market you have had strong for decades.... its time to put the GRWD platform back on the front burner. Lets get down to business with the CAW... get concessions... rebuild STAP with a new replacement police interceptor (along with other retail spinoff cars) and hold on to a market before we all loose...... Timing is everything !!!

Well said and I couldn't agree with you more :) .

IMG_0833.jpg

Ford BUILD IT !!!! .

Looks like the gauntlet has been laid down at the front door of Ford.....the question now is...will they answer it?

Do they even want to answer it? Without the retail demand to subsidize the manufacturing investment it may not be worth it. And Ford certainly can't afford to be throwing money into iffy investments right now.